Official Hassler area 2011-2012 season activity

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant make it Sunday now Jeff, neither can Mike. let us know how it is!!!

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
I did some riding from the parking lot today. Lots of snow. I put on about 25 km today.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pine Valley Trail Blazers memberships are available at the CAT SHACK in Chetwynd.

Support the club that supports your riding area !

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good post Koby!

how did the snow look this weekend, guys?

JLARSH

Reaction score
Rode Hasler Nov 11th was about a foot of snow around the parking area. The snow accumulates very quickly on the way up to the tree trail. Went up the tree trail to just past the second the second meadow, decided to turn around with the size of the group we had. A few guys did continue on and broke the trail to the murrays pub sign. The creeks were starting to open up on the way down just from traffic. The snow was starting to set up to a real nice base should be a fantastic year if this keeps up. Oh ya forgot to mention the snow is fawkin dddeeeeepppppp and there were some good stucks.

shakey84cj

Reaction score
No Pictures?

Was up with JLARSH on Friday. We didn't have much time for pic's between digging out our 900 pound sleds (they got REAL packed with the heavy snow). JLARSH is right though, there's a SHYTLOAD of the white stuff already and being as though it's of the heavier/wetter variety it should make for a wonderful base if this trend continues. Wasn't crazy heavy/wet, but just enough to pack a track solid!

On a different note, the FSJ cat guys were with us and we had the chance to ride the new 2012's. 1100 Turbo has a killer powerband. So smooth and linear it's not even funny! Can't believe it's a stock sled, and can't wait to see what one of those chippy things will do to it. Couple of the other guys rode the new M800 and really liked it too.

Last edited:

JLARSH

Reaction score
Going to rip up some hopefully fresh pow at Hasler tommorrow will try to get some pics. Later...

JLARSH

Reaction score
Rode Hasler with Phil on Tuesday, was a great day! 2-2 1/2 feet of fresh pow all day with a very nice base to it.Will get some pics or a vid up later tonight.

Northerns4

Reaction score
Nice update! Looking forward to getting down there soon. I'm in fort Nelson and make a few trips a year down to the pine pass. Have ridden hasler mostly and some at bijoux. Would definately like to find new spots within those areas as well as check out some of the others, ie. Beaver creek, etc. Would anyone be interested in meeting new riding buddies? I'd sure like to explore more areas in the pine pass but am hesitant just going into new areas without people who know them

Cheers

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice update! Looking forward to getting down there soon. I'm in fort Nelson and make a few trips a year down to the pine pass. Have ridden hasler mostly and some at bijoux. Would definately like to find new spots within those areas as well as check out some of the others, ie. Beaver creek, etc. Would anyone be interested in meeting new riding buddies? I'd sure like to explore more areas in the pine pass but am hesitant just going into new areas without people who know them

Cheers

Sent you a PM

dlux

Reaction score
Rode Hassler yesterday, snow was awesome not a track to be seen, it is windshield deep and it was that dry pow that you dream about, several times throughout the day i couldn't breathe because there was to much snow in my face, EPIC!! For this time of year conditions are amazing, the hill to the left at the top of the creek trail was completely covered no trees at all.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up Monday. lots of snow in treed areas and sheltered slopes. Blown off higher up.
Don't be worried when you get to Chetwynd and there is no snow....it's there!

mudmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few of us are thinking of a Sunday trip too. Whats the forecast for the weekend? Do you need a radio for the Hassler road?

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few of us are thinking of a Sunday trip too. Whats the forecast for the weekend? Do you need a radio for the Hassler road?

It is recommended - Westcoast to km 9 is RR19A & the Hasler Road is RR 13A

If you don't have one, hang out at KM 2 till someone with a radio goes by and follow them up, they'll call on your behalf most all the time. Same going down!

Gotta miss this weekend for kid hockey, so post up a condition report on Monday, so I know what I missed :(

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe we will see you up there Mudmania. We will be there with a couple m1's an 800 pc and 1100t

JLARSH

Reaction score
Well loaded up and on my way to Hasler, it's a little early but I can't sleep time to hit the road. Ridin with Slediot and his crew hope to throw a leg over the Twisted Bitch lol. Everyone ride safe and have fun this weekend later Jeff

Top Bottom