Official tumbler ridge area 2011-2012 season activity

simpson9999

Reaction score
i was wondering if the roads in decent shape yet?
im planning on heading out tommorow morning from gp and will try the road heading through elmsworth and try out the core lodge area.

Demon13

Reaction score
Came through there yesterday. It's not to bad a little icy in some spots and the switchbacks are gravelled. Also found better snow up in the back meadows than at bullmoose, but heard the wolverine is good as well.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a blast today, poor visibility, lots of snow, helped a bunch of new riders get unstuck(paying it back from all the times I'm the unlucky guy), played in the trees, wanna go back but have to work, great area!! where do I get a trail pass for next time though?

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you guys had some pretty good snow but the visibility wasnt too good i see.

TheronDanger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kamloops/Chetwynd, British Columbia, Canada
Looks like you guys had some pretty good snow but the visibility wasnt too good i see.

Visibility was the shits, Goggles were fogging like crazy and the snow was like razor blades on the eyeballs. Halfway through the day the weather improved and it was a much nicer ride. Although, as everyone always says "A bad day sledding is better than a good day at work".

I had one hell of a good time.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a blast today, poor visibility, lots of snow, helped a bunch of new riders get unstuck(paying it back from all the times I'm the unlucky guy), played in the trees, wanna go back but have to work, great area!! where do I get a trail pass for next time though?

How long does it take you guys to get from GP to the staging areas in the Tumbler area? We had a friend that rode there alot and was always telling us we should check out Tumbler instead of heading to McBride/Valemount all the time. Unfortunately he passed away in an avy in there last season; but we would like to head north and checkout some of the different riding areas that we heard so much about.

Reaction score
Website
www.visittumblerridge.ca
How long does it take you guys to get from GP to the staging areas in the Tumbler area? We had a friend that rode there alot and was always telling us we should check out Tumbler instead of heading to McBride/Valemount all the time. Unfortunately he passed away in an avy in there last season; but we would like to head north and checkout some of the different riding areas that we heard so much about.

There's a couple links to Google Maps in this thread: https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f189/distance-dawson-creek-core-lodge-57063.html#post1304417. If you need them, that is.

Last edited:

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
takes 2 hours from gp to unloading with the icy roads through elmworth, today was windy and a lot of wind blown areas, but the trees were fun and the big meadow/bowls were hero snow, gotta check the gopro out and see if my old school unit was aimed well, had a great day until another of our doos broke down;) atleast this time it was minor and owner inflicted, nailed a tree and knocked the brake lever off, we rode a bit after but it was dicey for him, gonna get ahold of a pass soon, not a fan of free riding areas I do realize what the fees do for us and am a paying member of the gp club as well as a camp permit holder, thanks for the links;)

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
If you take the kelly lake road to the noel road, then onto the hour glass road. Can be rough at times. Its more of a local known passage.

My brother inlaw was working at Quintet Mine and use to go this way often. But on one ocassion he hit the ditch and sat there for about 5hrs before an operator checking wells came by and pulled him out. He never went that way again after that. I'm not sure of the current activity out that way so road care might be iffy at best. Mind you there was a day where I was dragging my bumper in the ruts on the Hiding too :) Awww, the memmories :beer:

mkbraap

Reaction score
Any updates? would like to head there next weekend but will go to valemount if no updates

Top Bottom