Official tumbler ridge area 2011-2012 season activity

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was there last weekend. about 8" of fresh on top of ice crust. not great conditions. pretty icy up top.

Reaction score
Website
www.visittumblerridge.ca
I was in GP this weekend, where there was a lot more snow falling there than here. There was some new snow, but the biggest thing that happened was the wind. I heard that a group had to spend the night up at the core lodge because the roads had drifted so bad, but I haven't heard from them. If anyone knows anything about that, do let me know.

Expect open areas to be scoured or well drifted, while places that can catch the snow (the core lodge is a great example of that) are probably better than they should be just because all the show blows into them.

That is, however, just based on past experiences; if anyone has actually been out, do let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.visittumblerridge.ca
I suppose the only other thing to note is that the weather has been highly volatile, and conditions have changed literally from day to day. The warm weather we've had and will continue to have all this week will cause the snowpack to consolidate, but there's still fairly high avalanche danger. There is no new snow in the forecast, so don't expect tonnes of fresh powder. Conditions are nowhere near what they could be, but there are very few places in the region that have been getting lots and lots of snow.

jtilley

Reaction score
I seen those guys leaving Sunday morning. And man was there snow, it was we could do to get to the hairpin on the way to the back medeows. I was there early and had no problem in the parking lot but heard later that it was a ch!t show with guys getting stuck with trailors. It seemd for some reason there are more and more idiots riding up there. I caught some retards burning a belt in the warm up cabin and chewed them a new one.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been into Core Lodge or Bullmoose?...coming up next week for a few days. No snow until we get there by the looks of the forecast.

ioio

Reaction score
We were out at Core lodge last weekend. Hard snow all over the place. Same south of there in the Wapiti/Red Deer area.

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The old Treedragon is commin your way on the 9th of March and was wondering if the turbo is required or if i should bring the little 700. Anyone bin out that way and willing to share conditions please and thank you:)

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode there on Sunday, broke into back meadows on 2 foot fresh, then went around the big bowls to the north and found more fresh, awesome dry powder. There were maybe 20 sleds in there so it will be tracked up pretty bad, watch the weather, if they get snow give er, if not it will be windswept and tracked in a week.

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will have tons of fun on a 700, not much need for a turbo there. Be carefull of the hill north of the warm up shelter, it always slides. The back meadows are always fun, and if you get adventurous you can find good snow away from the main area.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how was the ride this weekend??

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its pretty good going now, lots of fresh in the past 2 week. Should be the same in the Pine Pass area(silver sands). Keep an eye on Powder King website for updates over that way. Long dats now will make it worth the trip from Bonnyville

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode at Core Lodge today, seen some avalanche activity north of windy ridge as per what the CAC has said they were right on the money. We spent the day in the trees and had a blast, 1-2 ft of powder that has blown in from any open areas. Left there early as it started to snow heavy, we need a foot of good snow to cover up the tracks, and theres lot of them.

Bootilley

Reaction score
Just got in from Babcock. Conditions were great. No tracks. Ended up in back meadows. Lots of snow in the trees. Good conditions for time of the year.

Top Bottom