looking at 05 brute force 750

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ooh okay now im pickin up what your puttin down lol

Iirc to correct the problem the bus needs to be cut out and the wires all just need to be spliced together?

What is the purpose of the Buss?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ooh okay now im pickin up what your puttin down lol

Iirc to correct the problem the bus needs to be cut out and the wires all just need to be spliced together?

What is the purpose of the Buss?
Dunno.... Engineering feet of not awsome lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it has got more

Also ride different, 650 is solid axle rear fir the most of them

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do oil changes lots and chains stay good

My brute had 7000 hard km, had a choke plunger stick before a poker rally, road it and didn't change the oil after... Next ride first 5 min has ticking noise from behind the pull cord

Loose chain from bad oil

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do oil changes lots and chains stay good

My brute had 7000 hard km, had a choke plunger stick before a poker rally, road it and didn't change the oil after... Next ride first 5 min has ticking noise from behind the pull cord

Loose chain from bad oil

O I see, how did the choke affect the oil ?

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't burn all the gas , it thins the oil out...

Oh I see.

So besides sra in a 650 and the power difference what else is different between the 650 and 750? Is the 650 still susceptible to wiring issues?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I see.

So besides sra in a 650 and the power difference what else is different between the 650 and 750? Is the 650 still susceptible to wiring issues?
Yes same issues

Rear axle is about it

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, coming for a 2stroke poo 400 I think the 650 will be sufficient enough for me.

I'll let you know what I decide to go with,thanks for all the help

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay found a 09 canam outlander 800, it has stl clutches primary and secondary updated clutch cover new ball joints and bushings. Has 1748 miles.

Any issues you guys know of with these? I googled it but didn't really see much besides it being the first year canam introduced power steering

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that b/c the single beam thing they have going on for the frame? Any fixes besides cutting and welding?

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright thanks guys, how are they to work on compared to brutes and king quads?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All about the same for most

Belt is way harder, brute is the easiest

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All about the same for most

Belt is way harder, brute is the easiest

no idea on king quad never had to replace one! seems like dj is all over the map on quads, they will all have there problems, you are going to be rolling the dice on any used quad. overall condition is a good indicator, as is looking at the seller. i would say your best bet is a yamaha 700 or a king quad 700, as they are not usually purchased by the performance crowd. any and all quads can be swamped, and made to look good. a newer quad from any of the manufactures will work fine, go take anything you are interested in out for a ride, note anything that just doesn't feel right or has weird noises. have it inspected at a shop for overall condition. you will have to do some repairs, what when and how much is the question. kinda sounds like you are more concerned with price than overall condition, that is usually a recipe for disaster.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no idea on king quad never had to replace one! seems like dj is all over the map on quads, they will all have there problems, you are going to be rolling the dice on any used quad. overall condition is a good indicator, as is looking at the seller. i would say your best bet is a yamaha 700 or a king quad 700, as they are not usually purchased by the performance crowd. any and all quads can be swamped, and made to look good. a newer quad from any of the manufactures will work fine, go take anything you are interested in out for a ride, note anything that just doesn't feel right or has weird noises. have it inspected at a shop for overall condition. you will have to do some repairs, what when and how much is the question. kinda sounds like you are more concerned with price than overall condition, that is usually a recipe for disaster.

Haha your right about that. I need to switch up my gameplan

Top Bottom