07 Brute Force

Snakeyboy

Reaction score
Hello to all....newbie here so here goes,

My 750 Brute force is using a lot of oil, but does not appear to be burning it. I am also finding it very hard to start and it does not like running very well unless it is warmed up. Now with this being said, i decided to check the plugs and found the rear plug completely clogged with hard chuncks (looks like carbon). I changed the plugs and she ran like a champ (and started very good) for about two tanks of fuel. Now it is back to doing the same thing and the oil is low again. I am thinking that the oil I am losing is actually fouling that rear plug and it may actually be trying to burn it. The bike runs well when warmed up and has full power. Any ideas on where the oil is going and how it is getting to this plug?? Any thing will help as it is the season to strip it down and find the problem.......just not sure where to start looking. Thanks for any help!!:confused:

Cheers Snakeyboy

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honestly, your motor is hurtin, it needs a rebuild... maybe not the whole motor, just the top end, but if i was you i would go thru the whole motor and replace whats needed. That would be the proper way to do it. being a 07 brute it probably has some km on it.. time for a rebuild.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as stated above, going through and replacing the required parts would be the correct thing to do. however, this is not a 2 stroke and these engine parts are very pricey. i would start with checking the compression and valve clearances. the hard starting, but running well once its warmed up are the exact symtoms of intake valves way out of wack. My 06 kawasaki 700 now has 8000km and i have adjusted the valves numberous times. at times the only way to start it was using the recoil starter, since the electric start would not turn it over fast enough even with a fully charged battery. it to is starting to burn oil but oil is cheap compared to engine parts for it. depending on the km on your machine, it may just need a new set of rings, no big deal. However, if it has high km, you may want to consider changing pistons as well, and timing chain, and valves and and and and.... my 2 cents ;)

Snakeyboy

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I was thinking the same thing. BTW she has 4100 kms on it which I did not think was high, but she is going to need an over haul just the same. Thanks and have a great Christmas!!:cool:

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard those fundy kits are suppose to be good. And there Canadian. Dyno tuned would be the best way to get it tuned just right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of Tex's buddies has an 880 BBK from fundy. Thing is ridiculously fast. Will stand you straight up if you're not careful

Top Bottom