HELP !! me make a decision+ fix !! Brute Force

crazzybiker

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I need some help, so I am in the market for a quad. But I gotta sell my dirt bike first. I own a 2010 Yamaha Yzf450 special edition ( One with white plastics ) and the other day I got an offer from a guy in my area to trade his 2007 Brute Force 650i V-twin ( Mods are: 1 inch lift, swamp lites, winch, wheels, and k&n filter) other then that engine is stock. I really do like the setup and everything seems right mechanically plus the guy has been honest with me since day one and has sent me detailed pictures at least 20 and one video. Only problem with this quad is the display is not working. It will light up but not show any info. He's checked the fuse box and everything looks good, he also took the display off and installed it on his other brute force and it worked perfectly lite up and showed the info. What else could be ?? My dealer/quad expert says it could be the ecu. Is it possible to be a bad wire? If anyone can help me fix this it would be appriciate it. I do all my work.

Is this worth my perfect dirtbike ?? I would hate to trade it off and then a month later find out its gonna be a money pit for fixing it.

Hope you guys can help !!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'd say the buss conector is rotten off at the back [ right over top of the gas tank ] ... very easy to do and happens alot.... i have fixed many.... once fixed everything works right forever.... its like a joint where a bunch of power wires meet to the feed.... the fan is usually the one to go first... ask if the fan has a jumper wire or a new wire to the fuse....

Top Bottom