Reaction score
Ya that one looks better forsure... Still would want to check it out good tho

But a better choice forsure

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that one looks better forsure... Still would want to check it out good tho

But a better choice forsure
Ya, I'll be sure to check the CV boots, engine oil (trans oil if theres a dip stick), I will see if I can get him or take off the seat and airbox and have a better look at the engine....Anything you'd add to that check?....are the plugs difficult to get to for a compression test?

Since its about 5 hours away from me I'd like to ask him as much info as possible, any ideas on questions I should ask?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask him if he's willing to have a mechanical inspection done at a dealer

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya unless snorkeled, very hard to check compression

Trans is engine oil

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah yes that makes sense.

I read that they have belt slippage issues, is there any way to correct this?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your buying a brute that tells a lot about your common sense lol J/K

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your buying a brute that tells a lot about your common sense lol J/K

Haha that one was straight to the heart.....what kind of quad would you recommend I look at
Lol I have always wanted to get a diesel cat and turbo it:rockon:

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was only joking they all have their good points and bad points. I have a friend with an 07 750 brute that has been bulletproof. They are all fun , find a good deal and enjoy the ride it doesn't matter what color it is.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was only joking they all have their good points and bad points. I have a friend with an 07 750 brute that has been bulletproof. They are all fun , find a good deal and enjoy the ride it doesn't matter what color it is.

Haha I see. That fellow from fsj isn't getting back at me I'll have to continue my search and post on here what I may find

Again thanks for the help fellars

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2007 750 king quad 4500 o.b.o | ATVs | Dawson Creek | Kijiji

Found another guy thats interested in trading.

From my google search on these quads it seems like they don't really have issues, except tie rods getting bent up and rough steering

I am not really a big fan of how its a single cylinder quad, is the power comparable to v-twins like the brute?

They lack the power of a twin. But are very reliable and don't have many issues. Other than tie rods like you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The seller for 750i Brute Force | ATVs | Grande Prairie | Kijiji got back to me I asked if he had any issues with wiring and how the cv boots and axels were;
" The one wiring issue it had was the power wire for the fan burnt out. So it's on a manual switch right now. Rad switch and thermostat were good. Was not running smooth at 1500kms and coming up on temp sent it in. Had bad timing chain and water pump had fixed at that time. Rechecked and serviced this spring. To be honest I had the 650, it was a better machine I put 18000km on it and nothing but oil changes into it."

He seems like a straight forward guy, are timing chains and water pumps going that early a tell tale sign of a lemon?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The seller for 750i Brute Force | ATVs | Grande Prairie | Kijiji got back to me I asked if he had any issues with wiring and how the cv boots and axels were;
" The one wiring issue it had was the power wire for the fan burnt out. So it's on a manual switch right now. Rad switch and thermostat were good. Was not running smooth at 1500kms and coming up on temp sent it in. Had bad timing chain and water pump had fixed at that time. Rechecked and serviced this spring. To be honest I had the 650, it was a better machine I put 18000km on it and nothing but oil changes into it."

He seems like a straight forward guy, are timing chains and water pumps going that early a tell tale sign of a lemon?

Ya the one wire at the buss connector is the feed for the fan lol

Just by passing it is good so u can leave it on, but ur not fixing the other wiring issues lol

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the one wire at the buss connector is the feed for the fan lol

Just by passing it is good so u can leave it on, but ur not fixing the other wiring issues lol

I see so its more like a bandaid fix?

I'm not quite sure what other wiring issues your talking about? lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see so its more like a bandaid fix?

I'm not quite sure what other wiring issues your talking about? lol
Well if the one wire that comes from the buss to the fan relay, then all the others will be having problems soon too

Top Bottom