Landmark Homes

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever build a home with Landmark homes? We are thinking of building again and going with them this time, any feed back good or bad on Landmark Homes?????

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
What area are you thinking,and what $ range They do a lot of volume in all levels. All in all you will get an better than good product compared to the numerous production builders avaliable. If it is any where in the Spruce Grove, Stony area I would be more than happy to help you out.:d

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this is to be in the red deer area id be more than happy to atleast meet up with you and show you what i have to offer as a low volume builder. i know landmark has offices in calgary and red deer, ive never looked at their homes nor have i heard good or bad things

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard a bit about landmark, something makes me want to say it wasn't good. Really, whoever you go with i'd watch them like a hawk, absoluting sickening some of the stuff that is going into the builds of houses with some companies :eek:

One subdivision over from where i'm working right now the owner has a sign "Built by suchandsuch homes, being fixed by homeowner" and next door that builder is trying to sell a showhome.....

Just be careful, I haven't heard much good in newer houses by builders these days. Probably is some good ones, but tough to find.

I am buying a lot right away here I was considering getting a builder, but the quality of work is a joke with to many, and the price is downright robbery. Ain't worth it!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard a bit about landmark, something makes me want to say it wasn't good. Really, whoever you go with i'd watch them like a hawk, absoluting sickening some of the stuff that is going into the builds of houses with some companies :eek:

One subdivision over from where i'm working right now the owner has a sign "Built by suchandsuch homes, being fixed by homeowner" and next door that builder is trying to sell a showhome.....

Just be careful, I haven't heard much good in newer houses by builders these days. Probably is some good ones, but tough to find.

I am buying a lot right away here I was considering getting a builder, but the quality of work is a joke with to many, and the price is downright robbery. Ain't worth it!

i have had a little bit to do with landmark and lets just say i would avoid them at all costs

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Vleeming Construction in Ponoka i know he does good work and has a few guys working for him.

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What area are you thinking,and what $ range They do a lot of volume in all levels. All in all you will get an better than good product compared to the numerous production builders avaliable. If it is any where in the Spruce Grove, Stony area I would be more than happy to help you out.:d

Looking at Beaumont actually, they have some nice size lots that I can get the garage size I want and plenty of RV parking space as well.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I built for Landmark for 3 years then about 3 years ago, then they went prefab....i wouldn't recommend.....

now I'm with Centrex homes.....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TKO is a stand up guy and would treat you right. I would take a small builder with a personal touch over any mass builder. But that's just me.

My best friend does work for Centrex and has good things to say about them. He has worked for many a builder, including Landmark. Never did say much about Landmark other than a lot had to do with the super looking after things. My sister had her house built by Landmark. They really had to keep looking over Landmarks shoulder, even when they told them to stay away from the house till completion. We would still go over and inspect every couple days. They got a good one, for the most part, however they have had issues getting Landmark to come back and fix stuff. This has been going on for about 3 years now.

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, I agree that you have to keep a close eye on any builder. When we built our first home I was there almost every evening, found that a case or two of beer for the crew seemed to go a long way too :beer: :d

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
I have owned a Sterling home, Landmark home a VERY HIGH END custom builder home and one other home in Coloniale... Without a doubt the best quality finishing was by the custom home builder!!! Landmark quality was ok but was also priced quite a bit lower than a custom built house. I would NEVER take a standard spec package with Landmark as their basic materials are JUNK!!! Low grade carpet, tile, hardwood finishing baseboards, tiled shower etc... for the upgrade charges that they would charge you it may be better to look at a low volume builder.

That being said, these volume home builders may have you over a barrel if they have the lot that you love! The one nice thing about building a home with a volume builder is that they will hold the cost of the lot until the house is built. When I built my custom house, I had to pay over $100000 CASH for the lot before I even dug a basement. Most banks won't finance a bare lot so be prepared to pay cash up front!!! Most low volume builders will also ask for progressive payments when completed certain milestones. You could be in for a few hundred thousand dollars and still not have a house to live in so make sure that you have the financing available to do this... especially if you are living in another house while this one is being built...

I have been through 7 houses in the last 9 years and have experienced a lot... I hope this helps!

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at Beaumont actually, they have some nice size lots that I can get the garage size I want and plenty of RV parking space as well.

I just bought in Beaumont and the lots are huge compared to the city.
There are lots of houses going up behind me fairly fast, not sure who the builders are though.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try jacob construction in leduc they do custom homes to your specs they did mine and the sub contractors said it was one of the best built homes in didsbury

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What size building pocket are you looking at?

We just got a lot in Leduc with a 44 building pocket.
Plan a triple garage and hope for a rv pad.

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
48 pocket and 90ft across the back of the lot (corner lot for rear access)

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away from Ried Built Homes!!!!! Presently in the middle of a $200,000 law suit with these aholes. Seems like they get sued by dozens of home owners every year and loose. Houses are junk, nothing but building code violations and lies. Want to spend some time to know what your builder of choice is really like go to a new subdivision and knock on doors to see what warranty service has been like for them. This tells you what you are going to get and how well the house stands up.
Did I mention I HATE RIED BUILT HOMES:rant::rant:

HARDCORE

Reaction score
God I hated having my homes built by a larger size company, for now on it'll be the smaller guys getting my hard earned moola. Much more care in their work, and a whole lot better to deal with at a personal level....jmo

Top Bottom