Kakwa 2012-2013 conditions

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode this weekend,Saturday was ok,but Sunday was awsome,must have snowed 2-3 feet Saturday night,no ch!t,brodview was excellent at the higher elevations,was snowing hard all day Sunday.best pow day for us all winter.

HCR800<3

Reaction score
Rode this weekend,Saturday was ok,but Sunday was awsome,must have snowed 2-3 feet Saturday night,no ch!t,brodview was excellent at the higher elevations,was snowing hard all day Sunday.best pow day for us all winter.

Well, I picked a crappy time to break my hand. Not gonna stop me from going just no playing :(

HCR800<3

Reaction score
Just want to get the word out to all of our members and riders of Kakwa.. We are holding a special meeting dedicated to the safety of all of us when we are out riding this area, and any area for that matter. The more the merrier!

Swan City Snowmobile Club Safety Meeting

February 19th, 2013
Quality Hotel
2nd floor Richmond Rooms A & B
Doors open @ 6:00 Meeting starts @ 7:00pm

Tentative agenda will include:

- Presentations by STARS, RCMP,Grovedale Fire Department
- Snowmobile Safety / Communications
- Emergency Response
- Trail Etiquette and speeds/ parking lot speeds / helmets

HCR800<3

Reaction score
Also would like to inform all Kakwa riders, club members or prospering members that

Swan City Snowmobile Club is hosting a Member Appreciation Day!

Where?: Kakwa Lake Cabin
When?: Saturday February, 16, 2013 from 11:30 AM until 4:00 PM

There will be trail quizzes for kids and adults, prizes to be won!
Scavenger hunts for the kids and crazy carpet races. TONS of kids prizes.

Kids under 15 ride for free on this day!

The best part FREE HOT DOGS! Come join us for fun in the mountains with our own special touch :)

Swan City Snowmobile Club thanks you for your continued support and we hope to see everyone out.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back,suprise pass was great 2 feet of fresh Saturday,rode Ruth today superbowl was great lots of fresh..snowed 8 inches at lick creek

watthead

Reaction score
Rode Kakwa today, probably the best snow I've ridden, ever. Its waist deep anywhere off the main trails. Settled a bit by wind in open areas. You need every inch of track and every extra RPM to get anywhere. Bring lots of fuel!!

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed. we were up thursday and it was unreal!!!! road was getting soupy coming out, but the frost is still in it so just the top few inches were goo...

codey525

Reaction score
Rode yesterday as well. Had pretty much all our gas gone from 9am-2:30. Take lots of fuel as said before. Went in past Ruth and over to broadview, 2-3 feet and no tracks the entire day. Excellent day!

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Windy on Sunday, so windy the lake was a white out. went to Babette and was windy, went to Broadview and had some good riding there....stetson was icy....let a friend drive back out and he slid her into the grader bank on the way out....honestly thought we were going over....

GPsnownut

Reaction score
Was in yesterday, road was good, tons of fresh snow, beautiful bluebird sky until around 11:00 am, then got overcast and lightly snowing, got hard to see. Took 3 hrs to get up over flattop, but that included lot's of playing.
Buddy and I were first ones down an excellently groomed trail. Hats off to groomer Guy, best condtions I've seen trail in. ;)

Top Bottom