Bob Creek Designated OHV Trails Temporarily(?????) closed

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda timely with the other thread on creek crossings and atv's. Below is a thread i posted on Alberta Outdoorsman. You can go there and read the entire thread if you'd like(hunting section). IT's kinda self explanatory, but I'm looking for ideas from this group to aid me in getting Alberta Parks Commitment on reopening these trails. I'm concerned they have other agenda's here rather than serving the public(well, serving certain parts of the public anyways). I did inform the Alberta ATV association through their general email, but have not gotten a response back. Maybe we have some members here on the board that can put it on their Radar? please let me know and comment on this situation as you feel fit. thanks

at a minimum, read the entire AWA link and their view on ATV's and the conditions they are chirping about that need to be fulfilled to allow any use of them. Scary, as the Parks/Environment ministry IS listening to them., This will effect all ATV users in the future.

Just a PS. Please inform the community of the seriousness of creek bogging and what the outcome WILL be with the current regime. Self policing is the best method to ensure areas do not get shut down.

"My buddy was down at Bob creek last week. Not sure if all know the area, but it is a Wildland park by the Oldman river with about half being foot/horse access only and half being designated ATV trails. He calls saying there is a sign saying the area is temporarily closed by ministers orders. I do some digging and i find these two web announcements, one from Alberta Parks and another form our friends at Alberta Wilderness association.

http://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?xI...7827DE8149BBED

https://albertawilderness.ca/awa-new...out-applauded/

funny how the AWA was ready with a press release "applauding" the temporary closures the same day parks announced it, like they knew it was comming, hmmmmmmm,,,,,

This shuts atvs from the area till end of December, basically all of hunting season. I know lots of users access the area on daily basis, but there others that set up camp using ATV's. They site creek crossings causing damage to trout habitat. they decide to shut down the access two weeks before hunting season rather than address it last spring and fix the trails. This stinks of high hell.

i'll be digging into it an contacting all relevant associations that will be affected with updates on the parks "Plan". i'll keep all informed because this impacts a large number of that area users.

We need to be vocal on this issue. their excuse of quad trails crossing creeks causing sediments can effectively shut down all un-maintained creek crossing quad trails in the future. ALL QUAD TRAILS THAT CROSS A DEEMED TROUT SPAWNING CREEK.

PS. No mention of damage cattle or horses do year round all over the creek beds, wonder why that is???????????? """""

Last edited:

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep no big deal if horses or an army of people cross the streams on foot but
Can't do it on an ohv....

This bs has gone way to far. We all need to fight these SOB's it's beyond getting stupid....

Top Bottom