my 2013-14 season an epic fail!!!!

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know
I really dont wanna say anything but if your from edmonton and read my other whiny posts you will know what kit and who did it.. If and when i figure it out if its his doing i will have to talk to a lawyer.. The two hundred diffferent people that i have told the story to cant believe it and say he should be stepping up and doing his part to figure out the problem.. Oh and hes a site sponsor..

That is right fucT. The shop deserves this negative publicity if the azzhat isn't going to stand behind his work….

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
11/11/11..... Hit a ditch hard on the drivers side in my new (to me) dodge diesel. Ruined the whole side of the truck, wrecked my buddies sled deck, and can ya guess who's sled was sitting on the ditch side???? Bars were on the tank, hood in 10000 pieces.

But that still isn't as bad as hitting a rock so hard on my brand new (168km) 2010 m8 that te primary was pushed against the bulkhead so hard the motor wouldn't spin.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't been out to the mountains yet this year, heading to Switzerland next weekend, another year gone I guess.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really dont wanna say anything but if your from edmonton and read my other whiny posts you will know what kit and who did it.. If and when i figure it out if its his doing i will have to talk to a lawyer.. The two hundred diffferent people that i have told the story to cant believe it and say he should be stepping up and doing his part to figure out the problem.. Oh and hes a site sponsor..

If its a Edmonton shop doing a turbo that doesn't work I'd guess APP. Worst shop ever in Edmonton and they hosed so many people since turbos became big.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well drew your pretty good lol... Must know somebody like me haha.. Got the sled out of martins yesterday, have given up on this build.. started pulling the kit off and wow cant belieive what im finding.. Bolts on secondary support all loose. reed petal screws loose.. Like wtf? engine internals are supposed to loctited and torqued.. secondary support takes huge torque also. Kinda glad it didnt run cuz it would have blew up in no time with the reed screws falling out..

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as most would know, I bought another stock RT1000 for $3000. only got 1700km on her and the motor popped.
so I drag out the old RT1000 and my season continues. I guess I shoulda just run this one til it died, then buy another.
the plan was to be able to go on longer bigger missions with a more relieable sled. not so relieable now eh. sitting in the alpine with a motor that wont even turn over ...

speaking of boat anchor ...

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought a used 2010 crossfire. figured it was the newest sled I had owned so i wouldnt have any problems. 80 miles into the season I blew out the track. . .1200 dollars later I brought my sled home just for the snow to melt and leave crusty ice.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha fixed the problem.. Took off the faulty aero kit and crap wiring and fuel controller off, put it to stock and low and behold the sled they said was screwed works great.. Great products!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well I just thought I would share the details of my loser season so far and hope others will chime in with theres and we can all have some good laughs. So Second week dec head to revelstoke, a 1300km one way drive for me, bend 3 spindles on my pro rmk but that I really can't complain about when you try to ride before there is enough snow to do so safely. Our second trip is just after Christmas, have two awesome days of riding then at the end of the second day my friends dad breaks his arm really bad( see broken bone in backcountry thread) and we rushed back to sask so he could go for surgery. End of Jan do another trip to revelstoke. the snow was extremely hard but hey it was still better than working but I ended up getting food poisoning after the first day of riding, tried riding the next two days but being unable to eat for two days I was so weak I could barely start my sled let alone ride it. Then our last trip here feb 14 was our BIG trip for the winter with 10 days of riding planned in revelstoke for 5 days then west yellowstone for another 5. Get to Revy just in time for the big snow storm to settle for a few days. First day out the deepest day of my life on sale mountain, armpit deep pow, but I hit a bump funny and sprained my left foot and have to go back to regina for a Ct scan after one day of riding. I left my sled and trailer with my friends who were there till friday so I didn't have to worry about pulling it home by myself. So with the season going the way it is and after putting on over 12000kms on my truck to ride for 7 days, plus all the hotel and food bills it turned out to be one very expensive season with minimal miles. Even when my foot does heal I am gonna be so paranoid to go on a trip wondering what else can go wrong. Not sure if I should call it quits for the season and wait and start over next year lol. Lets hear some other tough luck stories. thanks

Be glad you have gotten out sledding this year! I'm south east of Regina and haven't even gotten out, the snow around here has been the worst i have seen ever. And the cold has been unbearable. I'm still looking at making a trip or two out west this spring, we should hook up and go together. I have a 3 spot sled deck.

mctrailboss

Reaction score
Haha fixed the problem.. Took off the faulty aero kit and crap wiring and fuel controller off, put it to stock and low and behold the sled they said was screwed works great.. Great products!

Did you purchase a used kit and have them install it? just looking at some of your old posts you said that the turbo got pieces of the previous motor thru it.

Fahrns

Reaction score
Well my season hasn't been as horrific as some of you, but none the less it's sucked. The night before I was going to hand over a check for a nice 2013 XM in late November I ended up in the hospital. Had emergency surgery and was out of commission until January. Went shopping again for a sled and ended up getting a great deal on a different 2013 Summit X. First ride out just doing some laps in a buddy's field and I managed to awkwardly fall off and break a bone in my shoulder. Still in rehab right now. Was hoping to get my first real ride in this weekend, but it's too cold for me. I'd put up with -20 but this weather stinks. Between the sled, a trailer, avy gear, registration, insurance, etc. I'm probably in for $16K and only an afternoon of farting around in a field. Had lots of time to read the forums this winter... ha ha.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my season hasn't been as horrific as some of you, but none the less it's sucked. The night before I was going to hand over a check for a nice 2013 XM in late November I ended up in the hospital. Had emergency surgery and was out of commission until January. Went shopping again for a sled and ended up getting a great deal on a different 2013 Summit X. First ride out just doing some laps in a buddy's field and I managed to awkwardly fall off and break a bone in my shoulder. Still in rehab right now. Was hoping to get my first real ride in this weekend, but it's too cold for me. I'd put up with -20 but this weather stinks. Between the sled, a trailer, avy gear, registration, insurance, etc. I'm probably in for $16K and only an afternoon of farting around in a field. Had lots of time to read the forums this winter... ha ha.

Learn anything?

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_3639.jpg
What's that pile of sludge on my diff cover??

IMG_3640.jpg
Oooohh THAT'S where my pinion teeth went...

*sigh* just can't win.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would talk to mountain magic. They build quite a few areocharger kits and he stands behind his work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

css

Reaction score
Lots of good tough luck stories guys, keep them comin!!!!;););)

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The kit is all good.. Turbo was sent out came back fine. Just pos untested electronics.. Roasted over half a season and 4000.00 all because of dobec trash.. All i can say is if i turbo again its gonna be a real kit with quality parts and a quality fuel controller.
Gas, Oil, Warranty, Peace of mind. I'm done..

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
want to hear a tough luck story.........

After a extremely busy fall into winter drilling season I was home for 3 weeks over Christmas. Conditions weren't favorable until after new years so I finally got out for a ride on Jan 3rd. Was a good day. But that's it, my first ride and possibly my last of the year and I live in the mountains.

Top Bottom