Kakwa 2012-2013 conditions

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Windy on Sunday, so windy the lake was a white out. went to Babette and was windy, went to Broadview and had some good riding there....stetson was icy....let a friend drive back out and he slid her into the grader bank on the way out....honestly thought we were going over....
going over the bank would be some bad eats!!! glad to hear you made it out ok.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I could get ahold of the guys that have the camp with the bobcat.it is first camp on the left in the trees on the road going into staging..need to see about hiring him out for some camp snow removal.thanks guys...

Kermit

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I could get ahold of the guys that have the camp with the bobcat.it is first camp on the left in the trees on the road going into staging..need to see about hiring him out for some camp snow removal.thanks guys...

Wayne, 9336968

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that the snowmolbile club are going to have a bobcat out in the parking lot for hire around the the first part of April for a few days.. (Call and confirm) I believe the moneys will be going towards the club.

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone out lately?

Yup, last weekend.

The snow was setup but the trail was groomed Thursday and Friday night and was in awesome shape. It was a good weekend for touring. 185km one day and then 170km the second day

tfreddy

Reaction score
Was there yesterday - it was rock hard all day - put our scratchers down and left them down for most of the day - trail was quite rough and extremely hard. Only positive thing was it was snowing when we left.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will have a bobcat out there on Saturday,anyone that needs some snow moved we will be down camp ground road,the road right before e loop.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday had a few mishaps but all in all a pretty good day. South of the cabin the snow was soft after midday but only a few inches of fresh, blue bird all day, +8 by 1pm, mild slide activity in leglace lake area nothing out if the ordinary, road in was great in the morning and muddy as hell all the way out to 2-114 area

HCR800<3

Reaction score
Hey everybody! Season is almost here, hope everyone is having smooth sails getting ready to go.

Who?: Swan City Snowmobile Club

What?: Annual General Meeting - Camp registration and trail pass purchasing, also a place for you to bring your questions and concerns as well as catch up on what's new in the club.

Where?: Jackpot Grill on the banquet side.

When?: Tuesday, October 15th. 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM will be camp permits and trail pass purchases. At 7:00 PM we will begin our meeting.

We strongly encourage all to attend, as we look to improve in our efforts of keeping the Kakwa and area safe and enjoyable for all ages and experiences. We cannot do this without YOUR opinions.

Hope to see everyone there!

HCR800<3

Reaction score
1378250_760622560630352_927709520_n.jpg

Some info for everyone before our upcoming AGM.

sledrat403

Reaction score
I'm planning on heading to Kakwa this winter to get some riding in as a tourist - I typically ride a lot further south. Could someone point me to a link that shows directions on how to get the the staging area and riding zones? I couldn't figure it out from the Swan City club website (not a first for a guy like me).

Also any other good info - FSR radio frequency etc is also appreciated! Or better yet someone who wouldn't mind an extra tagging along for a day.

Sorry about hijacking the thread temporarily

HCR800<3

Reaction score
I'm planning on heading to Kakwa this winter to get some riding in as a tourist - I typically ride a lot further south. Could someone point me to a link that shows directions on how to get the the staging area and riding zones? I couldn't figure it out from the Swan City club website (not a first for a guy like me).

Also any other good info - FSR radio frequency etc is also appreciated! Or better yet someone who wouldn't mind an extra tagging along for a day.

Sorry about hijacking the thread temporarily

Kakwa ---- As for riding zone areas the links on this part of the site should take you to where you can see the zones we are allowed in... Are you planning on coming in from the Prince George side or the Grande Prairie side?

sledrat403

Reaction score
Ah thanks, I found two lake road. I would be coming from the grand prairie side. Thanks for the link!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

HCR800<3

Reaction score
Ah thanks, I found two lake road. I would be coming from the grand prairie side. Thanks for the link!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yup! As long as ya got that Two Lakes Road you are good to go! .. Check for road conditions as it is a road that has logging, oilfield work and machinery all over. And the Stetson Hill can sometimes pose a threat for tire chains to be used. Radio controlled, there is signs for the frequencies but also have seen the radio call it 'Two Lakes Road' and that's where ya want to be! Swan City Snowmobile Club is also on FB and there is updates and such on there, more there than the website.

Thanks for your interest and I hope you enjoy it up here! :)

Top Bottom