Here we go again.......friggin' savior's of the earth!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like I have said before it is the enviromentalists that are actually killing these animals. let these animals live naturally like they have for hundreds even thousands of years I'm pretty sure they dont need the all mighty Nature nut to come in and try and save them when obviously there just making it worse for these animals

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is some lincs to the kind of people we are fighting against. These leaf lickers seem to have all the money and conections needed to keep voicing there biased opinions. If it was up to them they would have all the backcountry shutdown and turned into parks.
Land Use Plan | Shuswap Environmental Action Society
Caribou protection plan falls short | Shuswap Environmental Action Society
How do we battle with people that seem to have unlimited recources and time available to them.

Yep they got dough and public support and we have squat.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for thought Jay. I have been toe to toe with WildSight and I'm very good at it. They are polished and poised (sort of) but full of lies and twisted facts for their agenda.

There is a land use dude in Lethbridge and he is slowly getting into the issues in the eastern Kootenays. He is used to confrontation and rebuttal regarding some else's facts. I'm thinking he is more into the quadding aspects but that in itself would be a bigger fight to keep those areas open.

I'm available for helping and getting things started but the Pres.....no way![/QUOTE
]I can't discuss or debate without getting upset and that causes me not to be able to think fast enough on my feet.

well doug i can help ya with that, pull up a chair
icon10.gif
:beer:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Possibly what might be in our best interests is if the BCSF and ABC get a couple peeps from each group and create a group that solely deals with the back counrty access rights issues? I would throw and extra 50 bucks at each for the group and the cause. I know 100 bucks aint much but if enough participate it couldn't hurt.:beer::d

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like i said in a previous post I'm trying to get a snowandmud show and shine organized and it would be a great spot to setup a donation booth or even a place to get members signed up to try and fight this BS! also maybe at these different S&M events we can have donation boxes setup with all the sledders we have out there if we all gave $100 a year or more it would go a very long ways to helping us fight for our sport

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like i said in a previous post I'm trying to get a snowandmud show and shine organized and it would be a great spot to setup a donation booth or even a place to get members signed up to try and fight this BS! also maybe at these different S&M events we can have donation boxes setup with all the sledders we have out there if we all gave $100 a year or more it would go a very long ways to helping us fight for our sport

How bout it Ron you gonna help back this. Good on ya Jared.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get some big passionate vendors to pitch in we wont know unless we give it a try! I know my castle custom trucks and ford and chevy store would be more than willing to donate some money towards this issue and i'm sure there are tons of others that would gladly put a donation ijn if it meant getting some riding areas back for the sledders! So how bout it mods it is a great idea that is a great promoter for our sports! If the public sees us trying to give back then maybe they wont hate us so much and maybe the media wont be so biased towards us just a thought

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really generous of you guys but $$$ only gets us so far. I put this out there last year and about 4 people came forward and then it died, that was it. There is no one to lead the charge, BC is fighting its own internal battles with the 2 organizations etc. Too many peeps here seem to only care about arguing which brand is better.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very true modman its gonna take some very passionate people just like the enviromentalists have. we definately need to do something maybe we can talk with the gentleman from klim or a few others from the states maybe they may have suggestions on this but either way if we dont start trying to do something the enviromentalists will have our sport banned before we know it

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should giver a try some time. Alot of good stuff in there.

Animal rights activist????? And your profile pic is of you choking a muskrat?................I dont think PETA would approve of that. ;)

Hey that was my little pom Ramone! Just given lovin and hugs!

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like I have said before it is the enviromentalists that are actually killing these animals. let these animals live naturally like they have for hundreds even thousands of years I'm pretty sure they dont need the all mighty Nature nut to come in and try and save them when obviously there just making it worse for these animals

That's the kind of thinking that'll stop you dead in your tracks before you get started. Gotta get educated first. If you go into a meeting saying stuff like that they'll eat you alive. Fact is we DID cause the population decline.......we as in human beings, not sledders. There's really no mystery how it happened. We logged too close to Caribou habitat, bringing the other ungulates up to where they were'nt before, their natural predators followed them, and Caribou were eaten as secondary prey. And most importantly, it didn't happen in the winter! If we'd let them live naturally that wouldn't have happened. There's a lot of knowledge that needs to be gained before you can challenge these people & have any hope of winning. Ideally, get a wildlife biologist to speak for you on technical issues like that. Many of them are actually on our side....well, on the side of Caribou being a relic species that may be impossible to save anyway.

Reactions: kjb

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really generous of you guys but $$$ only gets us so far. I put this out there last year and about 4 people came forward and then it died, that was it. There is no one to lead the charge, BC is fighting its own internal battles with the 2 organizations etc. Too many peeps here seem to only care about arguing which brand is better.

I know your bummed by the other posts 2 ahead 1 back but something has to happen and I think with the last few years closures we all can see there is a serious demand for it

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowmobiles are not a natural or unnatural for that matter predator of Caribou. Wolves and cougars are. Increase hunting draws on those species if you want to reenergize the caribou population. Problem solved?

There are no draws on wolves...shoot all the wolves you want, there is no 'limit'. Hunters cant control their populations.

For the record, I have 2 pictures of wolf tracks on snowmobile tracks .... just saying.

We wont win this battle as long as there are caribou... solution is a hunting season for caribou... problem solved ;) Unless of course the Forestry Industry will cave in.

-------------

and what's wrong with seal hunting? Do we only eat the ugly animals?

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Modman has a good point. We are not short nor will be short of money. We need a full time spokes person. All the environmental organizations have full time staff and they sit and research all day long, everyday.

It takes a lot of professionalism to counter the green movement. This is not something that can be taken lightly. The BCSF nor ABCSnow had/have personnel that can match or one-up the green movement. A spokes person
has to have a lot of skills and passion about the back country. It will not be easy to find this individual.

This is a great start and if we keep picking away we will get a beginning.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Modman has a good point. We are not short nor will be short of money. We need a full time spokes person. All the environmental organizations have full time staff and they sit and research all day long, everyday.

It takes a lot of professionalism to counter the green movement. This is not something that can be taken lightly. The BCSF nor ABCSnow had/have personnel that can match or one-up the green movement. A spokes person
has to have a lot of skills and passion about the back country. It will not be easy to find this individual.

This is a great start and if we keep picking away we will get a beginning.

Charleston Heston is the spokesperson for the NRA, Pamela for PETA so who we gonna get. I still dont think the spokesperson is the be all end all. There are some very experienced people here and I dont think we should minimize their potential contribution. Rene can prob tell you more about the local wildlife out his way than the wildlife officer who is more often than not young and inexperienced. The caribou problem will take care of itself even the transplant efforts are not working due to the pred pop so what will we be protecting it for next. Does the black footed farret need 100000km range free of any motorized encounters.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Charleston Heston is the spokesperson for the NRA, Pamela for PETA so who we gonna get. I still dont think the spokesperson is the be all end all. There are some very experienced people here and I dont think we should minimize their potential contribution. Rene can prob tell you more about the local wildlife out his way than the wildlife officer who is more often than not young and inexperienced. The caribou problem will take care of itself even the transplant efforts are not working due to the pred pop so what will we be protecting it for next. Does the black footed farret need 100000km range free of any motorized encounters.
heston the senile old f$%k is dead.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While hunting on our trapeline in Alberta last fall I came across a lease about 200' x 400' at least. Now every square foot of this lease was covered in wolf tracks. Here is just one pic I took
09f994e1.jpg

Top Bottom