Has There Been Failures on the PRO Yet

kurtis.g

Reaction score
Mine has been running fine, except yesterday it bogged out when i was wide open, did it 2 or 3 times. i dont know anything about the oil cap issue but my oil light has came on a few times and i was no where close to low on oil. my park brake light stuck on for about 45 mins one day and the break was not on i havent a clue why but it went away. if anyone knows anything about the bogging i would love to know, first brand new sled i would prefer not to blow it up. (Great website by the way, happy to be a member):beer::thumbsup2:

tigger too

Reaction score

my pro has just under 600 miles and no issues yet been up against a new doo with a 163 and my pro is a 155 and there is really no compairison to each other the doo probably wasn't setup well cuz it didn't move through the snow that well compaired to the pro ride.. doos claimed 160hp is fine but the chassis are still junk i didn't move like it had 160 hp

754bigbore

Reaction score
My buddy has a new pro and has the wide open bog. The last time we were out he mixed 4 liters race gas to a full tank. Didn't bog all day.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took mine out yesterday for the first time since it was in the shop. It got a complete new brake system to fix the park brake / tight caliper issue. I also got a new revised kill switch for the bog. My sled ran great and didn't bog once.:beer:

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are right i used to be a doo guy but then i got scared of bending a chasis every second ride so i switched to runnin cat as they are tough and i get to go alot of places before the doo guys can make it that high. And then i can let them know what it looks like up there. From time to time i run over trees and such and the big kitty just takes it where's i would have wrote off several doo's in the past couple years. LOL.

Hey gumbi if you learned how to ride you would'nt be bending sleds up:d! Hey Glen I am just curious as too why you make a point of brand bashing? As a shop that services all makes, one would think you would shy away from the brand bashing. A good way to loose customers is to tell them there $15000 dollar sled is a POS! Glen I am not going down to your level to bash cats. Cat is not my preference, however it does'nt mean they are not a good sled. But once again you know where to find me. I am heavier than you, my sled makes less power, but still I would love to see where the bear shizz in the woods! Cheers buddy:beer:

MC Xpress

Reaction score
Polaris has been struggling with efi issues since the Cleanfire 800 made its debut. That being said I have put almost 1000 miles in the hills this year thus far all over B.C. and there is a tonne of these things around everywhere. I have yet to see one of these come in on a rope or run poorly. I have'nt seen a situation to define if they are faster than their competitors but they are definitly in the hunt with anything naturally asperated (even Glengine's miracle cat I am sure:). Polaris really has a nack for making a chassis work in the snow and if they have the engine issues sorted which I believe they do its going to be a fantastic machine ( and I'm a Yamaha dealer!). With Glenn working 7 day weeks building high end mods at Spindrift it's pretty easy to lose touch with what works and what doesn't.......

LL

ccherniak

Reaction score
stay away from the ves gold, i heard it may be the cause of lack of oil i switched to amsoil dominator yhat polaris racing uses and never had a problem with my 08 800 dragon and now with my 11 800 assult.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Meh, I run cheap Citgo Sea and SNow through mine, ran it through all my sleds from day one, cheapest chit you can buy at Fleet Farm. Have also heard not so good about Amsnotoil, but to each their own, oil is oil and the debate will go on forever.... I think oil rletaed issues are not brand related more delivery related inside the oil system.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey gumbi if you learned how to ride you would'nt be bending sleds up:d! Hey Glen I am just curious as too why you make a point of brand bashing? As a shop that services all makes, one would think you would shy away from the brand bashing. A good way to loose customers is to tell them there $15000 dollar sled is a POS! Glen I am not going down to your level to bash cats. Cat is not my preference, however it does'nt mean they are not a good sled. But once again you know where to find me. I am heavier than you, my sled makes less power, but still I would love to see where the bear shizz in the woods! Cheers buddy:beer:

Hey guys,there nothing wrong with being proud of your sled,[ you are ]i don't belive glen bad mouthed any buddies sled he has stayed neutral on all brands,glen[gumbie]and i are buddies so don't read anything into what i say to glen,he is good at what he does.BACK TO THE TOPIC YEEEHAAAAW

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my pro has just under 600 miles and no issues yet been up against a new doo with a 163 and my pro is a 155 and there is really no compairison to each other the doo probably wasn't setup well cuz it didn't move through the snow that well compaired to the pro ride.. doos claimed 160hp is fine but the chassis are still junk i didn't move like it had 160 hp

Hey Tigger,the cats got the best of you yesterday,no Doo out to repersent:nono::beerchug:,

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris has been struggling with efi issues since the Cleanfire 800 made its debut. That being said I have put almost 1000 miles in the hills this year thus far all over B.C. and there is a tonne of these things around everywhere. I have yet to see one of these come in on a rope or run poorly. I have'nt seen a situation to define if they are faster than their competitors but they are definitly in the hunt with anything naturally asperated (even Glengine's miracle cat I am sure:). Polaris really has a nack for making a chassis work in the snow and if they have the engine issues sorted which I believe they do its going to be a fantastic machine ( and I'm a Yamaha dealer!). With Glenn working 7 day weeks building high end mods at Spindrift it's pretty easy to lose touch with what works and what doesn't.......

LL

Well yes i will admit that i work 7 days a week doing everything from full mod buils to minor repairs. BUT i can GAURANTEE you that i havn't lost touch one bit on what works and what doesn't. It's funny you know last weekend we had some inprompt to drag races up a hill. I beat a very well set-up etec and the pro and a pump gas turbo. Not just once but several times. I really hope that next year the burns lake drags are NOT on the alberta family day weekend so that i will hopefully and gladly be able to make it to them.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HEY MC is from prince, but it would be good to see you at the drags.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well yes i will admit that i work 7 days a week doing everything from full mod buils to minor repairs. BUT i can GAURANTEE you that i havn't lost touch one bit on what works and what doesn't. It's funny you know last weekend we had some inprompt to drag races up a hill. I beat a very well set-up etec and the pro and a pump gas turbo. Not just once but several times. I really hope that next year the burns lake drags are NOT on the alberta family day weekend so that i will hopefully and gladly be able to make it to them.

I also heard that Glen does'nt climb hills he moves mountains. Do you know that one revolution on Glen's m-1 can power a small town for a week. Glen does'nt need twitter because everyone is already following him. Glen does'nt set off avalanches snow is just trying to run away from him. One time glen kicked an elan and turned it into an HCR. Glen shared his knowledge of snowmobiles with the world, they now call it snow and mud. :d

2 RIDGEBACKS

Reaction score
I also heard that Glen does'nt climb hills he moves mountains. Do you know that one revolution on Glen's m-1 can power a small town for a week. Glen does'nt need twitter because everyone is already following him. Glen does'nt set off avalanches snow is just trying to run away from him. One time glen kicked an elan and turned it into an HCR. Glen shared his knowledge of snowmobiles with the world, they now call it snow and mud. :d
wow i see some man love here:eek:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you gotta addmit thats funny,man love maybe:eek:,they love to agree on dissagreeing,but they would go way out of there ways to help each other. its like a bad marriage:rant: lmao

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would'nt say bad marriage, but we do have I little rivalry. We do love to get each other going though.

iqrpoo

Reaction score

Then when I got back to the bottom of the hill I was patting my self on the back so hard I ripped my arm clear out of the socket, but no biggee I just took the left a-arm off my wonder cat and plugged it into my shoulder (what the hell, the skis never touch the ground anyways) and then I hi-marked a 400 horse t-apex, almost lost it on the descent due to the ridgid a-arm/left arm but then I nutted up and did a double back flip on the way down

powderhound08

Reaction score
Well hopefully this is not a sign of things to come but my buddy was going to go up catterac this weekend and got a mile down the trail and bang. The crank is gone, he has 800 miles on his and has done zero mods. I am very happy with mine so far but a just hope we don't have a problem on our hands here again. I hade to put 4 engines in my 08 but still bought a new Pro this year and have had zero problems. Mine only has 400 miles on it so hopefully nothing happens once I get higher mileage because I love the machine. Just an update on one failure so far that I know of.

Top Bottom