Cracked skidoo 850 turbo yet?

uglyfugly

Reaction score
Curious, has anyone cracked the ecu yet or found a way to get more out of them? Been outta the loop for a couple years now. Or are people leaving the new stock turbos alone? Seems so boring.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a few companies are tuning them and getting more out of them, sounds like once you do your having to run av gas or race gas mix though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of tunes available but I would just try it they are pretty impressive out of the box. Most are leaving stock and I wouldn’t use the word boring lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of tunes available but I would just try it they are pretty impressive out of the box. Most are leaving stock and I wouldn’t use the word boring lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They are impressive, the 15 mins I spent on one I was very impressed. Definitely right there beside my 200hp sidekick alpha, and a lot better on the bottom

uglyfugly

Reaction score
I thought they were only like 170ish hp but obvs at altitude. How much are we talking? Are companies just doing tunes or intakes and different mufflers again and all that stuff. Are most stock turbo guys finding it worth to mod or just leave it?
I think a few companies are tuning them and getting more out of them, sounds like once you do your having to run av gas or race gas mix though

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought they were only like 170ish hp but obvs at altitude. How much are we talking? Are companies just doing tunes or intakes and different mufflers again and all that stuff. Are most stock turbo guys finding it worth to mod or just leave it?

Supposed to be 180hp on the new turbo r, it definitely feels like all of that and more. I don’t know anyone personally who has tuned one so can’t say but if I buy one for next year I’ll be leaving it stock, it is more than enough for me. It beats my alpha turbo off the bottom end, and is very competitive through the mid range into the top end. Be cool to try one though with a time and some higher octane. 200hp would be very easy to achieve with very little work I’d think

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been around a couple of 850 doo sleds that are north of 200 hp . Not for everybody. We built a 850 na a couple of years ago that showed 198 on a pretty reputable dyno . Shite it was a handful at 3500ft. 2022 850 t g4 c14 225 hp est. hp went over the top at jh ,takes a little skill to tame the beast .

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are 10, 20, & 30hp tunes available I believe. I don’t think you need fuel additive until the 30hp tune. Not sure on the survival rate.

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode a few with Maptun smooth as factory and 185 hp on pump gas, You can get more power tune but need a can and race gas

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode a few with Maptun smooth as factory and 185 hp on pump gas, You can get more power tune but need a can and race gas

Not for summits at a higher altitude . I rode a stage two maptun, pump gas and stock pipe and muffler.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious if these tunes hold the HP to 8,000ft+, or do the gains taper off as attitude increases. Surely they must be pushing the limits of the oem turbo and high IAT's.

H-D

Reaction score
Let's see you ride the machine to it's limits. Then we can talk bs.

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the dumbest chit ive ever heard.👆 Maybe the guy just likes to go fast....

You cant drive your hellcat to the limit buddy, better get a prius lmao

Last edited:
Top Bottom