Has There Been Failures on the PRO Yet

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MUltiple sleds have had motor issues. A couple in one day came thru our shop here. Another guy said he was on motor number 3 with 1000km on sled.

BEFORE or AFTER it left your shop, LOVE LOVE your CAT KILLER doo buddy.:d

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BEFORE or AFTER it left your shop, LOVE LOVE your CAT KILLER doo buddy.:d

BEFORE of course. The ybrought them in cause they were makin bad noises from the motor area and they weren't sure if it was from the actual motor or clutch noises. I dont need to do anything to other sleds cause my kitty just chews them doo's up and spits em out for traction. LOL.. HAhaha. Man doo guys are fun to bug.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BEFORE of course. The ybrought them in cause they were makin bad noises from the motor area and they weren't sure if it was from the actual motor or clutch noises. I dont need to do anything to other sleds cause my kitty just chews them doo's up and spits em out for traction. LOL.. HAhaha. Man doo guys are fun to bug.

Just thinking you were a doo guy, but got affraid of heights and bought cat,good to know you can still go poo if you have too. ooooopps;)

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new polaris looks sweat i hope it works as well as it looks,they were the sledds to have, back about 6,7 years ago .

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thinking you were a doo guy, but got affraid of heights and bought cat,good to know you can still go poo if you have too. ooooopps;)

You are right i used to be a doo guy but then i got scared of bending a chasis every second ride so i switched to runnin cat as they are tough and i get to go alot of places before the doo guys can make it that high. And then i can let them know what it looks like up there. From time to time i run over trees and such and the big kitty just takes it where's i would have wrote off several doo's in the past couple years. LOL.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new polaris looks sweat i hope it works as well as it looks,they were the sledds to have, back about 6,7 years ago .

The new chasis is good they just need to work all the bug's out of the new motor. Majority of the issues i have heard of are all oil related.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So...a few of how many sleds did Polaris build this year had a oil cap issue (not an engine issue) and we are trying to make a big issue of it. Sounds like a few blokes are worried that Poo has got there act together and is showing kitty and do do how to build perfomance sleds. Check out what people are saying about them. Warrenty issues this year are almost unheard of I have found out. Great job Polaris. Looking forward to 2012 and furthering the gap between the competition. Bring on your DI engine. I have checked into the technology Polaris has rights to and it looks to be much better than the e tec in all respects.

Beaver

Reaction score
If there was a problem with this motor (other than the oil cap)you'd think it would be startin to show up by now.I think this is gonna be a great candidate for a pump gas Turbo !!Next Year once they have the turbos dialed in and there is a full season on the pro motor without many issues I think I know whats gonna be under the tree next xmas.Besides the Tapex needs a little sister!!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we need to ride together, show you how a doo will ride compared to your old horse, never seen a cat that works,get a turbo or stay home

You are right i used to be a doo guy but then i got scared of bending a chasis every second ride so i switched to runnin cat as they are tough and i get to go alot of places before the doo guys can make it that high. And then i can let them know what it looks like up there. From time to time i run over trees and such and the big kitty just takes it where's i would have wrote off several doo's in the past couple years. LOL.

psnider

Reaction score
Hey beav get off ur butt and come ridin with us...u can take mine for a rip.the only problem they've had is a kink in the oil line on some and there is a recall on that.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we need to ride together, show you how a doo will ride compared to your old horse, never seen a cat that works,get a turbo or stay home

Hahaha. Well if you aint seen a cat work well then you obviously havn't rode with me or a few of my buddies. I dont need a hairdryer, but i do usually have to open the hood of my sled multiple times a year to prove to guys that i dont have one.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey beav get off ur butt and come ridin with us...u can take mine for a rip.the only problem they've had is a kink in the oil line on some and there is a recall on that.

You are correct that they issued a recall on the hose issue. But also the dealer in kelowna found on one his it had the same issue with the oil tank cap as we found. Hose wasn't kinked and yet you could pull the oil inj hose off at the pump and zero oil would come out but when you'd crack the oil inj tank cap open it'd pour out of the hose. So to me that says that the cap isn't venting. On the couple that i've seen so far that have had moptors fail the oil lines were not kinked but oil tank was vapor locked due to no venting.

dschwindt

Reaction score
Also there is the bog issue at WOT, mines going in tomorrow to figure it out hopefully. Been through the spark plugs and wires,fuel, and not a clue maybe throttle safety switch or injectors but will let you know.

Top Bottom