Has There Been Failures on the PRO Yet

dougb

Reaction score
850 miles hard riding powder on Pro...NO problems...Love it..Got rid of my cat, ang got the cat killer:) Motor is very strong,unreal chassis,,,everyone needs one

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
850 miles hard riding powder on Pro...NO problems...Love it..Got rid of my cat, ang got the cat killer:) Motor is very strong,unreal chassis,,,everyone needs one

what Cat did u have before and have you done any mods to the Pro?
What did you find better about the Pro compared to the Cat?

stadler

Reaction score
glengine for ur short info. not one cat ever outclimb me yet. a stock 800 xp 154". cat has to go down twice before it gets to my mark. even the poo climbs better then cat.. i got a doo my bro a m8 and other bro poo. all three are 2009 we ride alot togather.. so if anyone says cat outclimb xp its just bushit....

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glengine for ur short info. not one cat ever outclimb me yet. a stock 800 xp 154". cat has to go down twice before it gets to my mark. even the poo climbs better then cat.. i got a doo my bro a m8 and other bro poo. all three are 2009 we ride alot togather.. so if anyone says cat outclimb xp its just bushit....

just saying it's an 09 Cat and they only pushed 140hp try an 010-011 they have 160-163hp,bet the story is alittle different...js

Personally i don't care who out climbs who,what climbs what,sometimes it's the rider.As long as a guy is having a fun who cares..IMO...

stadler

Reaction score
get an etec its 160 hp to... no chance for a cat to outclimb xp... sure sidehills better but climbing:confused: by the way that 09 m8 has be dyno tested 160 hp. its piped, high com heads, cold intake, and of set timing key... and 09 xp has 151hp lil diffrents:p

dougb

Reaction score
what Cat did u have before and have you done any mods to the Pro?
What did you find better about the Pro compared to the Cat?

had a M8 My pro rides better,handles better and side hills WAY better...They r all good and I,M not into bashing and not totally brand loyal ...unlike some( just saying) As long as you enjoy sledding ,,its cool BUT the new polaris is one well built machine,,all the nay sayers can eat %#$

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talked to my buddy yesterday and he works at a Polaris dealership,said some ppl have 2000-3000miles on there new 800 Switchback Assaults and not an issue with them...

polaris69

Reaction score
talked to my buddy yesterday and he works at a Polaris dealership,said some ppl have 2000-3000miles on there new 800 Switchback Assaults and not an issue with them...

doo went lieght weight and had 13 recalls!!! My pro has run flawless all year long and will climb with them all.Did i mention it costs thousands less,snow checking an assault as well cause they are that good.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. Well if you aint seen a cat work well then you obviously havn't rode with me or a few of my buddies. I dont need a hairdryer, but i do usually have to open the hood of my sled multiple times a year to prove to guys that i dont have one.

your sled is always in pieces in the shop it has never seen the hills :d

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your sled is always in pieces in the shop it has never seen the hills :d

Yah it can tend to be a donor sled for parts to keep others running for there trips when i dont have the part that they need in stock. But i've had it out a couple times this year. Are you guys comin up in april?

rockydaug

Reaction score
Over a thousand miles, and the only problem that I've had, is the throttle safety switch gives me issues when damp, being replaced under warranty, but they're back ordered until April. By the way I love this thing, even if all I got for hp is about 140, WOW what a 140!!!

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same issue with mine. I'm taking mine off the bars, taping the pin closed on the sensor & putting it in a plastic sealed bag under the hood. Hopefully this will solve the issue.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same issue with mine. I'm taking mine off the bars, taping the pin closed on the sensor & putting it in a plastic sealed bag under the hood. Hopefully this will solve the issue.

I am not 100% sure on the new system but on the old one there was two pins in the block one had to break contact before the other made contact or the engine would die, closed circuit was kill. One the new one there is only one switch so I am pretty sure it is using the tps on the other end to determine idle position. When at idle the circuit at the thumb switch in my thinking would be opened or closed depending on how it is tied in to the tps. I will double check this when I get home but what I am getting at is that if you fake it out on the new one because it is tied in to the computer through the tps you may cause a different issue ie codes or limp mode. on the ond system you could just unplug it and go open = run. Can someone that knows for sure tell us?

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the 2011, the TPS sensor on the bars has 2 resistors in it. You are unable to run the sled with it unplugged. When the pin is pushed in, it is not making contact and is an open circuit.

Some guys are running the aluminum throttle block on their bars, so you are unable to run the sensor, in which case they must tape the sensor in the open postion & run it under the hood or else where.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the 2011, the TPS sensor on the bars has 2 resistors in it. You are unable to run the sled with it unplugged. When the pin is pushed in, it is not making contact and is an open circuit.

Some guys are running the aluminum throttle block on their bars, so you are unable to run the sensor, in which case they must tape the sensor in the open postion & run it under the hood or else where.

Sweet, good to know, I was not sure how they have it set up this year. Thanks for the info

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any particular track size that you guys recommend for someone that does a lot of deep powder carving, hucks some jumps and does a bit of climbing? I'm thinking the 155 would be best but since my current sled (Summit) is a 144 I have no experience on a longer track. I'm digging the looks of the new Pro RMK Retro and am considering one in the future.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any particular track size that you guys recommend for someone that does a lot of deep powder carving, hucks some jumps and does a bit of climbing? I'm thinking the 155 would be best but since my current sled (Summit) is a 144 I have no experience on a longer track. I'm digging the looks of the new Pro RMK Retro and am considering one in the future.

Get the Assault 155,guys say they can take a pounding and have a great suspension..That's what i just snow checked

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The 15 wide 155 is about the same footprint as your 144 16 wide, pro is supposed to be way more maneuverable though. Talked to alot of guys with the 163 and they like it a lot too. Only complaint I heard was one guy had to slow down a bit on a twisty trail. Doesn't sound like that'd be an issue for you.

Top Bottom