Has There Been Failures on the PRO Yet

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You won't like the Assault track for deep snow, its to stiff at the lug and will trench.

If he snow checks he can get the Assault with a powder track.

The 15 wide 155 is about the same footprint as your 144 16 wide, pro is supposed to be way more maneuverable though. Talked to alot of guys with the 163 and they like it a lot too. Only complaint I heard was one guy had to slow down a bit on a twisty trail. Doesn't sound like that'd be an issue for you.

I went from a 155 IQ RMK to a 163 Pro. I can maneuver just as well or better than my old sled. No issues and I'm loving the longer track.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On this longer 163 track, is it any harder to carve or hit jumps with it? I haven't hit anything rel big yet as far as jumps go but i'm getting there. I'm a little worried about the 800 engine which is why I am waiting things out right now. I may wait until next spring and see what comes out.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On this longer 163 track, is it any harder to carve or hit jumps with it? I haven't hit anything rel big yet as far as jumps go but i'm getting there. I'm a little worried about the 800 engine which is why I am waiting things out right now. I may wait until next spring and see what comes out.

Only 4" or so more length on the ground, shouldn't make it much harder to carve in the deep. Though if your into the jumping that's what the Assault and Freeride are built for.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't notice any difference carving between my old 155 and the 163. I don't jump my sled much so I can't comment on that.The engine so far has been fairly solid. It's not the 08-10 CFI-4 that had so many problems.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it would be fine for the small amount of jumps I hit. It's nice to have so many good choices for sleds, there's almost too many choices IMO. So many different types and styles of riding a guy almot needs 2-3 sleds!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2-3 sleds and 2 hemispheres - snow in the winter and snow in the other winter!

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rode brothers Pro 163 and it handled better than my 155,carved great and had good trail manners for a 163.As far as the engine his had 1260 miles on it this season and not one issue with it. Sled was out of the box stock.:d

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great reviews on the new Polaris sleds, I got to try a buddys 155" Pro up at Forester this year. It climed higher than my 163" 08 Dragon with the full SLP kit. I hope that they are as durable as they seem so far. I just got home with my new to me (146 miles) 2011 standard RMK 155". Bought from the US so it comes with no warranty, but the deal was to good to pass up. Now to try and sell the 08 Dragon!!!

Trench:beer:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havn't seen any pro's yet that have had any chasis damage and since the very beginning of the season there was a couple motors go down due to oil injection problems that they seem have gotten sorted out and havn't seen any with really any problems since. Good to see..

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay guys

this has been mentioned before but now thats its the end of the season can get some good input

my riding style and conditions are

2 feet of flat snow here is sask and riding in the mountians
I LOVE TREE riding and side hilling in the mountians not all about the High mark

I have a chance to buy 2011pro rmk assault155 OR 2011 pro rmk 155

for the same price same milage.

Would love some good input from guys that have rode both.

I rode a 2011 Pro rmk 163 a month ago and loved it. Im coming off of the Skidoo water buffalo summit 800R

shootclimber

Reaction score
I am new to this forum however after reading this entire thread, I will tell you that I have a friend that has a shop that works on cats and Pro's and they have been loosing cranks left and right on the pro's. The good new is that Polaris has been warranting them. Their fix to the problem (my friend) is mixing 1 quart of oil to the tank plus the the oil injection. The crank bearings that have been going out have been rod bearings, and pto side bearings due to no oil. When torn down the bottoms of the crank cases are bone dry! If they are setting up turbo's. They are using the oil injection pump for the turbo and premixing their gas. From my understanding the oil injection pump on the pro isn't adjustable. thats why they are premixing them. Running them with premix has been spot on all year. I guess what I'm saying is... If your going to ride a pro.... A little more oil will keep your Pro dependable. As for the cats..... They are the only way to go if your running a turbo. BTW some rental fleets in my neck of the woods renting pro's are also premixing oil. Just my 2 cents

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The oil pump on the pro is adjustable. The first thing to do to a new pro is opne up the oil pump some more. We had one pro failure this year and the sled had 1700 miles on it.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do u think the 012's well need to be opened up alittle more also?...i will tell my dealer to open it up a bit more to be on the safe side,question how much more?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes I would think so. Gonna be the first thing I do to mine. Basically there is a mark on the adjuster to where it should be adjusted to. They seem to come from the factory not quite adjusted to the mark.

Reaction score
I have the 2011 Pro RMK 800 155 with 1000km and the only problem i have had so far is that my running boards right where i put my feet are cracked, but Polaris is going to give me new ones and new fishbones to fix it.

dougb

Reaction score
2011 Pro, 1500km rode all mountains WFO ...NOT a problem with anything...Love this new sled...Soo good my Bro bought one to

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum however after reading this entire thread, I will tell you that I have a friend that has a shop that works on cats and Pro's and they have been loosing cranks left and right on the pro's. The good new is that Polaris has been warranting them. Their fix to the problem (my friend) is mixing 1 quart of oil to the tank plus the the oil injection. The crank bearings that have been going out have been rod bearings, and pto side bearings due to no oil. When torn down the bottoms of the crank cases are bone dry! If they are setting up turbo's. They are using the oil injection pump for the turbo and premixing their gas. From my understanding the oil injection pump on the pro isn't adjustable. thats why they are premixing them. Running them with premix has been spot on all year. I guess what I'm saying is... If your going to ride a pro.... A little more oil will keep your Pro dependable. As for the cats..... They are the only way to go if your running a turbo. BTW some rental fleets in my neck of the woods renting pro's are also premixing oil. Just my 2 cents
Both me and my dad ride 2009 polaris 800 Dragon.... 155 track... We run AMSOIL and love the stuff... Just like you said we dump some injection oil right into the tank along with the oil tank. We usually don't measure it though just dump some in (probably to much) but they still run smooth so their ya go.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was reading an article in one of the sled magazines about the premixing oil issue (Sept.2011 snowtech magazine. page 8). It was from the snowmobile product manager of Polaris. They say that there is absolutely no reason to have to add oil to the fuel in addition to the the oil tank and that they do not recommend it.

Just what I read!

Top Bottom