H1 N1 Vaccinations

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea it's tough to decide. Don't think i'm going to bother. How many people over the years have praised the seasonal shot, and it doesn't seem to help much. Get the shot, risk a reaction from it and still risk h1n1. Don't get the shot risk getting h1n1. I know it's not that simple but there is no really evidence it will help, but there is no real evidence it won't hurt you either.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I think the media circus is making this a Lotbigger than it has to be.....JMO

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a quick point to make also is it's not only about getting the vaccine or not, there are many helpful tips that have been mentioned that may help with immune system function as well as viral containment that we can all do whether we choose the vaccine or opt out of it.

I agree with the Mikes. lol.

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
Absolutely. If your comment was with the intention of well wishes for him and his family I take back my :nono:.

I interpreted "good luck with that" in a disrespectful tone.
my bad.

As with everyone Good luck and Blessings for everyone who has had sick kids. :)

No problem... it wasn't meant to be disrespectful although his choice of prevention it questionable at best... in your last post, I think that you were alluding to the fact that people can get rest, get exercise, wash their hands etc. to contain the spread... if you are solely relying on take INSANELY high doses of Vitamin D to fend of a virus based on some unproven theory... good luck!

And you are right Mike... sledbunny is old :d and there is a crazy amount of media around this. Nice to get a chuckle in this post!

My only passing comment is... prevent as you will, decide as you will but what ever you do, do the research and base your decisions on credible FACT based information... which should be based on clinical studies which are placebo controlled and randomized trials... after all, this is what the medical community does... EVIDENCE based medicine and not... oh I heard once that ____ worked with our friend's neighbour...

Now... good luck with your decisions! :beer:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Wow, your gutsy, I can't wait to see what Sledbunny has to say when she see's you've called her old. I'm guessing she will lay a beating on your...Now Sledbunnyracing or SBR is old...that is for sure.

:d:d :beer: :d:d

And you are right Mike... sledbunny is old :d and there is a crazy amount of media around this. Nice to get a chuckle in this post.

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, your gutsy, I can't wait to see what Sledbunny has to say when she see's you've called her old. I'm guessing she will lay a beating on your...Now Sledbunnyracing or SBR is old...that is for sure.

:d:d :beer: :d:d

hehehe... my bad! lol... :rant: :rant: :rant:

SBR is old.. not sledbunny! Sorry sledbunny!!! :beer:

SBR- good for you for marrying so much younger!!!! lol

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Nope, I'm not married to Sledbunny at all, met her for the first time at the Snowmobile show in Edmonton....very funny lady though.
Your just digging a bigger and bigger hole for yourself...lol...

hehehe... my bad! lol... :rant: :rant: :rant:

SBR is old.. not sledbunny! Sorry sledbunny!!! :beer:

SBR- good for you for marrying so much younger!!!! lol

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may be a bit mis-informed, but are the target recipients currently children and pregnant women, and chronically ill, and if so are all the peeps in the line ups being screened?

And my thought,,,, if you are a typical healthy person who stood in line for 2 hours to get a shot that appears to be in limited supply, you may have or could directly contribute to the death of someone that actually needed it. WTF

If I'm all wrong on this then let me know.

It was supposed to be launched that way but it didn't happen... they are screening peeps in line now to make sure that they are hitting the high risk people first... you will be turned away if you don't fit the high risk category!

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
11 June 2009 WHO declares H1N1 a pandemic.

147 days, no vaccination and still alive and healthy.
Must be some kinda miracle.

Just read a national poll, looks like 50% of the population doesn't have any intention in getting vaccinated. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the media circus is making this a Lotbigger than it has to be.....JMO

You think....

world population today -----6.795 billion
world H1N1 deaths today ------- 6,255

"Only mild symptoms are experienced by the overwhelming majority of victims,[7] but there are exceptions. Some persons are in higher risk groups, such as those with asthma, diabetes,[8] obesity, heart disease, children with neurodevelopmental conditions,[9] or persons who are pregnant or have a weakened immune system.[10] There are small subsets of patients, even among young persons previously healthy, who rapidly develop severe pneumonia, typically 3 to 5 days after initial onset of symptoms. Deterioration can be very rapid, with many patients progressing to respiratory failure within 24 hours, requiring intensive care and ventilation support.[11]"
quoted from wikpedia.

psycoticmudder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been sick with flu for 5weeks before vaccine was offered. no test here to tell if it was h1n1 our hospital is treating all people at emerge as if it is. constant line of people. I'm feeling better each day pumping vitamin and hole garlic. to late for shot now

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You think....

world population today -----6.795 billion
world H1N1 deaths today ------- 6,255

"Only mild symptoms are experienced by the overwhelming majority of victims,[7] but there are exceptions. Some persons are in higher risk groups, such as those with asthma, diabetes,[8] obesity, heart disease, children with neurodevelopmental conditions,[9] or persons who are pregnant or have a weakened immune system.[10] There are small subsets of patients, even among young persons previously healthy, who rapidly develop severe pneumonia, typically 3 to 5 days after initial onset of symptoms. Deterioration can be very rapid, with many patients progressing to respiratory failure within 24 hours, requiring intensive care and ventilation support.[11]"
quoted from wikpedia.

Yea if you put the numbers into perspective it's not that bad. The sad part is how the media can take a small issue and make it huge, and take a huge issue and make it seem small.

Can't say i'm to worried about it.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem... it wasn't meant to be disrespectful although his choice of prevention it questionable at best... in your last post, I think that you were alluding to the fact that people can get rest, get exercise, wash their hands etc. to contain the spread... if you are solely relying on take INSANELY high doses of Vitamin D to fend of a virus based on some unproven theory... good luck!

And you are right Mike... sledbunny is old :d and there is a crazy amount of media around this. Nice to get a chuckle in this post!

My only passing comment is... prevent as you will, decide as you will but what ever you do, do the research and base your decisions on credible FACT based information... which should be based on clinical studies which are placebo controlled and randomized trials... after all, this is what the medical community does... EVIDENCE based medicine and not... oh I heard once that ____ worked with our friend's neighbour...

Don't believe everything you hear from the medical community either. If they are so knowledgeable and pure of intent, why are their cancer treatment therapies such a joke? Why is it that there are such terrible side effects from the drugs they give for mental illness? It isn't heresay, my nephew has mental problems and has bad side effects from the drugs they give out. I've known several people with cancer that trusted the "medical experts" and took the standard therapies. They all died very soon after. I've also known people that used alternative treatments, and they are still alive. The medical experts have made blunders, and will religiously persecute anyone that has a viewpoint that is not the same as theirs, as they are all one big happy family. I will listen to the doctors, but I take what they say with a huge grain of salt, as I've seen many I wouldn't take my dog to. You can ridicule me if you like, but at least I am confident in the knowledge that I can think for myself.:rant:

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...and until you actualy have children you will never have any reasonable input, theories, and all else is simply "blah blah blah"

I have four kids oldest 13 youngest 2 ........whats in your house ??

I spend countless hours researching autism and the effects of Immunisations in fact I have over 20 hours this week alone more than 100 hours in the last 3 weeks

while you are busy at your job and impressing the chicks well I am busy filling the Shots full of holes no pun intended . ;)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnPqPXcPdl0[/media]

PS we are against all vaccinations ! period

Last edited:

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't believe everything you hear from the medical community either. If they are so knowledgeable and pure of intent, why are their cancer treatment therapies such a joke? Why is it that there are such terrible side effects from the drugs they give for mental illness? It isn't heresay, my nephew has mental problems and has bad side effects from the drugs they give out. I've known several people with cancer that trusted the "medical experts" and took the standard therapies. They all died very soon after. I've also known people that used alternative treatments, and they are still alive. The medical experts have made blunders, and will religiously persecute anyone that has a viewpoint that is not the same as theirs, as they are all one big happy family. I will listen to the doctors, but I take what they say with a huge grain of salt, as I've seen many I wouldn't take my dog to. You can ridicule me if you like, but at least I am confident in the knowledge that I can think for myself.:rant:

I think that I have been clear in saying make a educated decision .........Don't want to get it for personal reasons ...DON'T ........I'm not really sure when this became a" US "against "THEM" debate ........I just want everyone to be informed .........If medicine was a exact science we would all be out of jobs............:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Top Bottom