If you left Canada, Where would you go?

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Russian expert (above this post). See, S&M does have some experts.

Just cannot be an expert or have an opinion if you dont agree with the majority i guess.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No you're right, they just round those people up and throw them in prison, or send them to the front lines instead.

It's not a free country, and just like the soviet era people are afraid to express their opinions due to repercussions from the government.
Actually people in prison have no rights in Russia either. In the west they sit around and watch TV, workout and read books. In Russia they are rounded up and put on the front lines to fight against the evil Ukrainians

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh great, your scrabble skills made a funny....

Seriously, I'll pitch in money to see you head over there, give us some real on the ground reporting. Maybe Drew or Biltit want to tag along?
X-It and Biltit's travels across Russia has a real sweet sound to it. Probably even collect 100k subs on the YT.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every country has a corrupted government, every country has rich and poor areas. The media loves to push there brand of fear to control your thoughts. The media sells to their people that Canada is a ugly country too, if all you see and hear is what your told before you go see for yourself how would you ever know.
I think you would blend in just fine in Moscow lilduke….just fine lol.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks a lot better then the degenerates that our politicians let run around naked. People have been programmed for so long to hate what the media tells them, they will hold onto the lies till the bitter end.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every country has a corrupted government, every country has rich and poor areas. The media loves to push there brand of fear to control your thoughts. The media sells to their people that Canada is a ugly country too, if all you see and hear is what your told before you go see for yourself how would you ever know.
I think you would blend in just fine in Moscow lilduke….just fine lol.

I never actually thought about going there until today, looks pretty rad. Thanks S&M :D

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No you're right, they just round those people up and throw them in prison, or send them to the front lines instead.

It's not a free country, and just like the soviet era people are afraid to express their opinions due to repercussions from the government.

You mean like the four coutts boys here in albera?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Idaho is pretty nice. Otherwise southern US for some of that cheap cheap housing and keep a sled stored in one of the sled areas to fly in on those cheap US flights a few times a year.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Idaho is pretty nice. Otherwise southern US for some of that cheap cheap housing and keep a sled stored in one of the sled areas to fly in on those cheap US flights a few times a year.
I've made frequent trips down to Sandpoint and area. Love it down there!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've made frequent trips down to Sandpoint and area. Love it down there!
Have a friend in Idaho, sounds like a good place to be but real estate is getting out of touch from Californians moving in.

Shuswaper

Reaction score
Depending what your job is now makes a dif if you got 20 years of working left id be down in texas in a heartbeat but if it was to leave canada to retire then so many dif options
Texas or anywhere in the Southern US is not fun in the summer months, especially places like Houston where you get 105F with 100% humidity, the only time you don't sweat is when you're in the shower. Days start off around 85F and go up from there, it boggles the mind people actually work outdoors in that searing environment. At least you can dress up for -40!

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a friend in Idaho, sounds like a good place to be but real estate is getting out of touch from Californians moving in.
Funny how them Californians are running away from the California they created. I have friends in Texas (Fort Worth area) and they’re starting to get overrun by Californians. Not a big deal except they’re also bringing their ideologies with them and trying to change the Texas way.
As for where to move? I love where I’m at but the taxes and the New World Way is getting ridiculous.
I enjoyed Montana, Idaho and would even consider Wyoming for a US move.
I have thought of moving across seas or the Caribbean, but I would miss the family and friends. If I keep pissing them off, I won’t have to worry about that either hahaha.

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree switching companies is a wise decsion. Lots of guys I know went to Texas during 2019, and when covid hit they were the first to get laid off and had to come beg for their job back. There are guys going again to Texas (drilling consultants) for 1200 USD a day but to me that is hoping there isn't another recession. Making 1000 Canadian a day is good enough with the job security knowing a guy will work through a recession
A few guys i know that went to texas drilling are still there. some were laid off for a couple months but went back to work. some ended up moving, and some are still flying in and out.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have thought about Idaho, Montana, North and South Dakota but I am in a difficult position with my pension and taxes. Federal government pension and Canadian taxes deducted at source and if I were to move to the states, then another tax would be taken off. I may even forfeit the CPP.
Alaska could be another option but first I have to find a way to get rid of all the taxes.
At this point in time, it is a pipe dream.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not cussing on anyone here. Everyone has their own ideals on where they want to be but I’ll put in my 2 pennys. I’m an extremely proud Canadian. I was born and raised here and I’ll die here. And I feel very blessed every single day that I was given that opportunity from my forefathers. Everything I want is here. I’m not a hot weather kinda guy. Beaches and big boats ain’t my thing. No disrespect to anyone who’s into that stuff. Just ain’t mine. I’m raising 3 girls on a quarter section and we love it. Horses. Rodeos. Sleds. Huntin. Fishin. Space. I think that’s what I love most about where we live. We have space. That means more to me than anything right now and Canada is one of the last places on Earth that still offers space. My brother in law recently moved his family to Texas. He many reasons for it. Weather (winter), rodeo opportunities, etc. but we think in all actuality it came down to his mental health and conspiracy theory ideology. It caused, and continues to cause a lot of family drama. Weird being a cowboy he gave up 3 quarters of land here for 3 acres in an acreage community next a non stop 6 line highway. That ain’t cowboy s&$t to me.

Anywho. As per the OP question. If I was leaving Canada? Wyoming. Hands down. I go sledding there every year. Mountains for sledding. Lots of cowboy work. Beautiful country. Least populated state in the lower 48. Yup. Wyoming. Love it there.

Sorry that got long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom