If you left Canada, Where would you go?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gotta say it is very cowardly for Canadians to just up and leave. What a topic on whats supposed to be a day of remembering.

Stand up for what you belive in and where your from. Don't be a coward. Our veterans would be rolling over in there Graves. Grow some balls
Title of thread is a hypothetical “If you were to leave Canada” not “When you leave Canada”. It’s a fluff thread and I highly doubt anyone is packing up as we speak.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about south korea. Lots of Canadians died for that place...

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the places mentioned would be great for retirement. Belize is another one I've been looking at. English speaking. Cheaper and not as developed as Costa Rico, but maybe a bit more unstable 🤷‍♂️ There offshore banking has some really good reviews lately. But most of these retirement areas don't really leave much on the table for kids futures I'm thinking. Just me and the missus is one thing, but it's where to go that gives the kids some options for the future.......

Switzerland is worth investigating. High standard of living, high wages, top tier healthcare and education systems, never ending scenary, mountains, lakes etc. More conservative, the average Swiss Citizen is certainly further right than those of other Western nations.

Issue is it's also expensive there, and the Swiss Franc has a very high value, you'd loose a lot on the exchange rate moving your assets. Your kids however would have an easier time, and due to the purchasing power of the Franc would have many options if they decided to leave when exchanging their assets to another currency.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im A ok in canada. No fighting nessesary. Not 1 day ever. If canada would grow some palm trees id be happy. Place is cold AF.

Fk this chit. Buying some foreign property asap. Not tossing away my canadian passport though...

The alberta legislature has palm trees inside haha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The alberta legislature has palm trees inside haha

There is a couple down in white rock too. Haha
20230709_120044.jpg

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a yacht,,, put in lake,,, live on water,,, no taxes...

Simple life then say...

Your only land locked in the winter months... lol

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much would it cost per day too reside and maintain life here in Canada too live a comfortable life with food and shelter ???

Just asking is all...

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tricky question based on what you have paid off. You need shelter but is it a hut under a bridge or is your home paid for…
the one thing I look at when I travel is things like transportation, we need to get around. heat ,power, food, water. Property taxs etc.
living in a warm climate means less cloths, no heating bills, less cost to build or maintain So cheaper housing.
I can rent a really nice place in Panama that costs $1500 US a month, comes with yard guy, power and internet all inclusive, this is a 2 bed 2 bath place that is local to everything I need.
show me anything here in canada that you can rent all inclusive for $2000can a month.
maybe that hut under the bridge.
look into Thailand it’s even more affordable. Lots of areas that are cheaper then Canada.
It’s just not Canada thougt.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fill up your back pack,,, get your air-fair ticket and check out those spots...

The only person that gets too decide what works is the person that stands in their own shoes...

You'll find out if that area is a long term or limited life time...

Spend 6 months too a year so a person can get the jive of the place and surrounding areas ...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine works in siberia. Likes it, found himself a russian wife.

Too cold for this guy though.

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want us to buy you a one way ticket? You keep bringing this up, I really don't think you appreciate the current situation in Russia.
I’m not sure I believe some of the crap on Russia. Some good. Like
At least the government there doesn’t call its own people degenerates. Fringe minorities. Deplorable‘s or extremists.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure I believe some of the crap on Russia. Some good. Like
At least the government there doesn’t call its own people degenerates. Fringe minorities. Deplorable‘s or extremists.

No you're right, they just round those people up and throw them in prison, or send them to the front lines instead.

It's not a free country, and just like the soviet era people are afraid to express their opinions due to repercussions from the government.

Top Bottom