New rifle

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

but once.. cry once
Those look like beautys sirkdev! It's too bad none of the local dealers here carry that brand.

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few people with Kimber rifles and they seem really good also

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_2067.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2068.jpeg
    IMG_2068.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 67

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a Bergara b-14 shoots good but quite heavy, I have had multiple brownings and had one that wouldn't shoot, my remingtons over the years were hit and miss good shooters, ALL of my Sako's have shot sub MOA and are my favorite rifle maker and their set trigger is amazing. Tikka makes great guns but their stocks are junk.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a Remington 5r 700 incredibly accurate. Heavy and didn't like the safety for hunting. Found it off several times.

Ruger American predator. Light, accurate in 6.5 creedmoor, leupold scope (package for sale if anyone is interested would be awesome for a new shooter as it has a slightly heavier barrel and minimal kick)
Under 8lbs with scope. Needed the mcarbo trigger spring now it breaks at 2 lbs.

Browning xbolt in 7mm rem mag. Again trigger is stiff and needed a spring change for my liking. Feels great in hand and accurate. Nice rifle for a taller person. My shorter buddies don't love it .

Can't go wrong with a Sako either.

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at the gun shot in Cold Lake. I saw a beautifyl Reminton 700 Sendero Rocky mountin Edition in 28 Nozler. with a Nightforce NXS 8 scope on it for $3500

The senderos are a beautiful gun, I like the black fluted barrels.

The real tack driver are a remington 5r milspec. Only come in 3 calibers and are heavy barrel but are crazy accurate. 1/4-1/2 moa

Didn't happen to see any federal 215 mag primers there?

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The real tack driver are a remington 5r milspec. Only come in 3 calibers and are heavy barrel but are crazy accurate. 1/4-1/2 moa

Didn't happen to see any federal 215 mag primers there?
This. I had a5r in 6.5 creedmoor. I still have the 300 yard target on my safe of three shots and two holes about half inch apart. Aside from being 13 pounds with the stock, scope and bipod haha

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shameless plug but I have a Remington 700 sendero stainless fluted in 7mm mag, triggertech set at 3.5 lbs. Shoots well. With leopold VX3 scope on it if anyone interested PM me.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Didn't happen to see any federal 215 mag primers

this one had a stainless barrell with the flutes donbe in blue to match the mottled blue grey stock. no I did't see any of the primers you were looking for.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a Remington 5r 700 incredibly accurate. Heavy and didn't like the safety for hunting. Found it off several times.

Ruger American predator. Light, accurate in 6.5 creedmoor, leupold scope (package for sale if anyone is interested would be awesome for a new shooter as it has a slightly heavier barrel and minimal kick)
Under 8lbs with scope. Needed the mcarbo trigger spring now it breaks at 2 lbs.

Browning xbolt in 7mm rem mag. Again trigger is stiff and needed a spring change for my liking. Feels great in hand and accurate. Nice rifle for a taller person. My shorter buddies don't love it .

Can't go wrong with a Sako either.
I have one of those American ranch in 5.56. Surprisingly accurate for a budget rifle!

Ghfalls

Reaction score

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prophet river has a good selection of used and consignment guns, lots of neat stuff and some great buys as well. Not sure what your style is, but this one is pretty sweet and a good price.

I wouldn't own another Fierce. And ypu don't have to search to hard to find a lot of other people have troubles with them as well.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many people can actually shoot a high end gun to it's potential? Not trying to be rude or negative at all.....just from a practical standpoint. That's great if a gun is capable of shooting within a quarter inch every time, but how many people have the skills (especially in the field) to do that?

I have a Remington 700 300 win mag with a Burris scope. Not sure how it stacks up compared to other guns, but my skills will probably never outgrow it

Ghfalls

Reaction score
Jeez I just did a quick search and yeah, sounds like force is a total crap shoot. I thought from their price point and the fact that they seem to spec out nicely that they were awesome guns. Guess not. I’m more of a walnut and blued kinda guy, anyway.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to beat Tikka T3's for the price point, browning x-bolt's are nice as well.
All depends what you want to spend and what's available. Also unless you reload consider ammo availability as some calibers are still slim pickings.
I came close to buying a fierce but a quick search scared me right away.
Ended up going with a Antler Arms Carbon Mountain for my 7-PRC.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many people can actually shoot a high end gun to it's potential? Not trying to be rude or negative at all.....just from a practical standpoint. That's great if a gun is capable of shooting within a quarter inch every time, but how many people have the skills (especially in the field) to do that?

I have a Remington 700 300 win mag with a Burris scope. Not sure how it stacks up compared to other guns, but my skills will probably never outgrow it

I think the same can be applied to different chamberings as well. As much as I'd like a 28 Nosler, I know there's no way I'd be able to shoot it as accurately as the old 270.

Maybe a 280 AI would be the ticket if I got back into hunting again.

Buddy found the same, traded his 7 mag for a 7-08. Another buddy loves his 25-06. The size of the hole isn't as important as where you put it.

Top Bottom