go pro

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a go pro. Now need to learn how to use the go pro studio and do some editing. Any tips or websites that are helpful?

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which one did you go with i cant decide between the 3 or 4 black....like the remote idea...my friend darren (hdkawi) has the 3 black and clued me onto the remote

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Which one did you go with i cant decide between the 3 or 4 black....like the remote idea...my friend darren (hdkawi) has the 3 black and clued me onto the remote
Wifi drains the batteries pretty bad on the gopro's in cold climate. Not as bad in the summer. I own 3 gopro's. Hero 1, Hero 3, and 3+. I plan on getting the 4. But between the hero 3 and the + model i can't tell the difference except the case. I like the hero 3 case better anyways it has a locking system on the latch which is nice and an easily replaceable lens. I would recommend the normal Hero 3 black edition if you can find them.

For advice on the gopro studio. Go into the pre made templates off the start. Use one of theirs and just replace with some of your clips cut to fit in the segments. Then you can start changing pieces of the templates to make it your own. That's a good way to get started. Look at what they have done in the settings.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the 3+ black at costco. Decent deal on them right now, even in the US. I have been using my phone for a remote now but it does come with a handheld remote that I will be using. I just did a time delay pic set of the sunset here. I wanted to make it into a series sunset but only the first three pics load up into the go pro studio. Not sure why.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get the extra battery back pack. I need to up grade my phone to use the app.it was about time. try gopro fanatics didn't find much on here in the tech section maybe we will have to start somthing

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What resolution do you guys use?

i find the 1080p zooms in too much and I can't see any part of the sled... Will a small resolution zoom out a bit more so to speak? I've noticed that it appeared to, but I'd like to confirm.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I got the 3+ black at costco. Decent deal on them right now, even in the US. I have been using my phone for a remote now but it does come with a handheld remote that I will be using. I just did a time delay pic set of the sunset here. I wanted to make it into a series sunset but only the first three pics load up into the go pro studio. Not sure why.

Keith, the phone is good because you have a preview of the field of view. Download the app, I think you will be happier with the phone than the remote. I still am having a hard time to get practise sessions with mine; my contour is soooooo much easier to use.

Yes, another battery is great. To go with that get the two battery charger.

John Cambell

Reaction score
If you are using it for sledding you need 2 batteries. They only last a few hours in the cold

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The package I have came with two batteries and the dual battery charger. I have been using the phone app and the remote. The crappy thing is you can't use both at the same time. It is one or the other. I shot the sunset here last night which turned out well. I just wish I had bought this at the start of my vacation and not a week into it. We had Harley's for two days that would have made good video as well as hiking through the bamboo forest. But I am getting it figured out slowly

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. We went and bought the fetch mount for the dog yesterday too. Should be entertaining

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like fun to use a second battery u have to buy a backpack battery
It comes with a bigger back to make more room

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
What resolution do you guys use?

i find the 1080p zooms in too much and I can't see any part of the sled... Will a small resolution zoom out a bit more so to speak? I've noticed that it appeared to, but I'd like to confirm.
In your setting for video you can change the perspective, from narrow, medium, wide, and depending on what go pro you have, super wide.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to the Maui aquarium today. I was using my phone for the remote and think I got some awesome shots. Both in and out of the water. Fawking turtles were coming after me lol

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Went to the Maui aquarium today. I was using my phone for the remote and think I got some awesome shots. Both in and out of the water. Fawking turtles were coming after me lol
Sounds like your in Hawaii? Must be nice. For doing water shots, its good to have a magneta filter for anything under 5 feet for the ocean. Deeper you go the red light is the first to be filtered out, the magneta filter gives it some more color. I learned this from personal experience when i went to Jamaica last January. Heres my video without the filter.
http://youtu.be/4ZXPAhKNxzk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah we are but I don't do the water lol. There was a koi pond we checked out that would have made awesome video but didn't have the camera then.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah we are but I don't do the water lol. There was a koi pond we checked out that would have made awesome video but didn't have the camera then.
I found out to play with your camera, before you go do stuff. I have a single monopod that extends longer to get good shots that really give you a new perspective. The headstrap is another good choice along with the chesty. But it all adds up. You can make your own for cheaper, but i lucked out and got mine for $25 a piece.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been buying a few pieces. They have an extendable stick here to 40" I was looking at

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
1319454_sd.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

d5d3b89c-824b-4860-8370-c6e0970e20d4.jpg

53feab89-0104-4b31-ac9e-d0f81ffe489c.jpg

1399298444.jpeg

Digipower QuikPole(highly recommend buying this pole, comes with a carrying case and everything), GoPro Head Strap, GoPro Chesty, and GoPro Suction Cup Mount.
Those are the mounts i use most regularly. But i've been wanting to buy a couple more. GoPro Wrist mount, and either make myself a magnetic mount, or buy one.

GoPro-Magnet.jpg

Top Bottom