Fix Kit 2013 - Polaris Pro 800

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Trying to help out one of our Snowmobile Club members, he's looking for a fix kit for a 2013 Pro 800 he just acquired.

Is MTNTK still the kit to go to? If so whom is the local dealer in the Edmonton region you would recommend?

Is there a better kit? better option?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying to help out one of our Snowmobile Club members, he's looking for a fix kit for a 2013 Pro 800 he just acquired.

Is MTNTK still the kit to go to? If so whom is the local dealer in the Edmonton region you would recommend?

Is there a better kit? better option?
Chrisco did my engine on my 13 pro. Would highly recommend him.

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Chrisco did my engine on my 13 pro. Would highly recommend him.
He's wanting to do the wrench pulling himself. But I'll maybe suggest he go have a chat with Chris

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might have the shim and bolts still kicking around for the mtntek kit.

I pulled mine, and went to a Pro-X piston in stock size.

So far these Pro-X pistons have lasted about as long as anything else.

I'm no longer a believer that the fix kit is required.

You simply can't beat the cost. $150 per hole with wrist pin bearings vs $800+ for the fix kit.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris redesigned the cylinders for 2013. It pretty much took care of the problems that started with the Dragon. Some say they continued to refine the pistons.

If his cylinders are in good shape, just drop in new pistons. Don't even hone it.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Give Rhodsie a call. You know he’ll steer you in the right direction

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a good price. I just paid $600 for 2 mtntek pistons, $165 for the gasket set and $35 for the extra base gasket.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can do the fix kit (good price from dragonweld above) or go to mots and just get replacement wiesco pistons and properly gapped rings. Bring your cylinder to Tom there, he will hone it and set the rings, then you just need to install. Dont trim rings yourself unless you know what you are doing.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Rec supply has the mtntk kit in stock. Iv done over 300 mtntk kits they are trusted and true.
thanks Chris, I'm going to get him to give you a shout, I've just been in all day meetings since I made this post.

K1Dbilly

Reaction score
You can do the fix kit (good price from dragonweld above) or go to mots and just get replacement wiesco pistons and properly gapped rings. Bring your cylinder to Tom there, he will hone it and set the rings, then you just need to install. Dont trim rings yourself unless you know what you are doing.
Which gasket should I put between the case and the fix kit? The one that comes packaged with the fixed kit on the left or the stock gasket on the right?

Attachments

• IMG_2569.jpeg
    IMG_2569.jpeg
    489 KB · Views: 39

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the dowels are not lining up to the monoblock .

The head is the cap on top of all that.

🤷

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the part number on that upper case half? Almost looks like you are trying to put a 13 cylinder on a 12 case.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which gasket should I put between the case and the fix kit? The one that comes packaged with the fixed kit on the left or the stock gasket on the right?
Dont reuse gaskets. The kit should come with new for both sides of the fix kit I think?

Top Bottom