crank rebuild 2013 RMK pro 800

K1Dbilly

Reaction score
Yup don’t weld near those plugs with them threaded in. That those out. I personally wouldn’t worry about the other stuff in the block. Won’t get any hotter than the motor does while it’s running. I was going to off to weld it then seen you’re not very local to me lol.
ok thank you. I will pull them out for the weld. Have you welded cases before? Also I’m having a hard time getting the oil/water gear shaft out. I believe it would come out the water pump side once I get the seal off/out. I just can’t get the seal to move.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok thank you. I will pull them out for the weld. Have you welded cases before? Also I’m having a hard time getting the oil/water gear shaft out. I believe it would come out the water pump side once I get the seal off/out. I just can’t get the seal to move.

I’ve welded lots of cases of various machines over the years! Most weld hood but the odd one doesn’t. But all motor case weld good. Chain cases I have yet the find one that welds good.
f0b3618b31a2b697bcf15e54a2aa032a.jpg

But can’t help you with the shaft removal. Never took one apart

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve welded lots of cases of various machines over the years! Most weld hood but the odd one doesn’t. But all motor case weld good. Chain cases I have yet the find one that welds good.
f0b3618b31a2b697bcf15e54a2aa032a.jpg

But can’t help you with the shaft removal. Never took one apart
Nice welds man!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1) make sure its clean. make sure its clean. make sure its clean. make sure its clean. make sure its clean. make sure its clean. make sure its clean. Getting the oil and gas off the cast aluminum is critical to keeping porosity out of the weld and getting a good seal. Literally should be drenched in denatured alcohol just before welding.

2) bolt the case halves together to minimize any distortion or warping. Pre-heat a little bit as well.

3) Ideally tape off the cylinders and plug the vent holes and run a small amount of pressured inert gas inside the case so that it purges out the crack(s).

K1Dbilly

Reaction score
Does anyone know if/how this brass bushing comes out the case?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 60

K1Dbilly

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to get this exhaust bellow off so I can correctly clean my power valves? I’m assuming the hex end must just thread off?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 47

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take the nut off and you can remove the bellows. Remove the flange and you can take out the guillotine.

Attachments

• IMG_3708.jpeg
    IMG_3708.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3709.jpeg
    IMG_3709.jpeg
    245.1 KB · Views: 40

K1Dbilly

Reaction score
There is a tiny hex head screw on the bottom of the case that is a locator for that bushing. Take out that screw and the bushing will come out.
Is there any trick to getting that bushing lined up for that screw to go back in upon assembly?

K1Dbilly

Reaction score
Which gasket material should I use for the cases? I’ve heard permatex motoseal ultimate grey rtv gasket maker might not get thin enough. Should I use Three Bond 1211?

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which gasket material should I use for the cases? I’ve heard permatex motoseal ultimate grey rtv gasket maker might not get thin enough. Should I use Three Bond 1211?
I use ultra grey gasket maker. Its thin like three bond. Torque cases to 22ft/lbs

Top Bottom