Elkford Conditions.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just not a great snow year.. Even Revy is lower than I ever seen.. Need big dumps soon

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This last summer we went camping at canal flats, we had the sxs with us and did some touring, we ran into a few people that mentioned their was a Rd or trail that came out at Elkford.. Is this true, would be a nice drive if possible

SRXtreme

Reaction score
This last summer we went camping at canal flats, we had the sxs with us and did some touring, we ran into a few people that mentioned their was a Rd or trail that came out at Elkford.. Is this true, would be a nice drive if possible

There is one from Cataract/Etherington if it is still ok to use.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Hell, yes! White Swan campground, then the White FSR, turn on the Munroe Lake FSR, and continue until the Bull River FSR, and then up over Koko on the Crossing Creek FSR. A chit load of riding in that area in the summer.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hell, yes! White Swan campground, then the White FSR, turn on the Munroe Lake FSR, and continue until the Bull River FSR, and then up over Koko on the Crossing Creek FSR. A chit load of riding in that area in the summer.

Man, you can pull the holiday trailer and quads up to Munroe Lake and camp there. Ride to Kananaskis, Fernie, Elkford, or over to Kootenay Lake by Wardner. They redid the bridges from the last flood so it should be good to go.

Reaction score
Was thinking about coming this Saturday for a day trip, what are the details on the club ride??

sent while having pow-dreams

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
One is yea, it came down the first night of the storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still a lot of snow up there that hasn't come down yet. I noticed yesterday coming back to the truck, that one came down while we were up riding (slide #3 which in my mind is the easterly one in the big open area). We were very conservative and rode in the mellow trees yesterday as the consequences appear to be large with the recent pile up of storm snow. If something comes down, it will be big!

https://www.facebook.com/avcansouthrockies/?ref=nf

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Still a lot of snow up there that hasn't come down yet. I noticed yesterday coming back to the truck, that one came down while we were up riding (slide #3 which in my mind is the easterly one in the big open area). We were very conservative and rode in the mellow trees yesterday as the consequences appear to be large with the recent pile up of storm snow. If something comes down, it will be big!

https://www.facebook.com/avcansouthrockies/?ref=nf

I hope these thoughts go thru everyone's heads with the big event there on Saturday!!!!

Polaris Lady

Reaction score
with the rain today it is very concerning that there is an event up there this weekend. Looking at the slides yesterday, not a lot of activity yet. We won't be riding ��

Top Bottom