Ghost Pluz / Waiparous Random Camping Spots?

WinchBreaker

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am planning my work buddies annual quad trip for this spring. I would like to check out Ghost Pluz/Waiparous this year. The Margaret Lake trail looks pretty good so would like to ride that trail among others. We are usually a group of about 8 guys and we all random camp in our enclosed trailers or small toy haulers. Does anyone know of a big enough random camping spot in the Ghost Pluz area for eight pickups and small trailers? We always go during the week (shift workers) so I am thinking that any spots that are recommended would likely be available. We come from Fort Saskatchewan/Sherwood Park so please include the best directions in to the area as well. Much appreciated. If I don't hear anything, I guess I am going on a scouting mision soon- LOL. Thanks in advance.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right off Waiparous Valley road. There are tons of good spots. Can run all the Margaret lake trails from there. I'll attach a pin.
The road Y's. Either direction will give you a decent spot to set up.
Don't go past the gas plant. That'll put you on the trail.

Anywhere in that area.

Or this spot

I also see a lot of campers set up here

If I remember correctly the trails are straight north of here. Past the gas plant. Follow the signs.

WinchBreaker

Reaction score
Right off Waiparous Valley road. There are tons of good spots. Can run all the Margaret lake trails from there. I'll attach a pin.
The road Y's. Either direction will give you a decent spot to set up.
Don't go past the gas plant. That'll put you on the trail.

Anywhere in that area.

Or this spot

I also see a lot of campers set up here

If I remember correctly the trails are straight north of here. Past the gas plant. Follow the signs.
Awesome. Thanks so much RXN. My quadding buddies will be happy! They have been bugging me all spring asking when and where are we going quadding! Waiparous it is. We could not get out last spring due a major turnaround at the plant so this year the guys are itching to go.

Reactions: RXN
Top Bottom