Elkford Conditions.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode again today went with a buddy from work and took his gf out for her first time ever on a sled and had a blast.
Probed 80cm 50 was base and 30cm of fresh on top! Not bad for November 1

3ec9077e62346e62923a1bf063b73cbb.jpg

4d5dbdac4aadd7cc524d8ac38ae1e102.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Rode up to Koko today and there are 50 cm in the Koko meadow, 60 cm in Mear lake, and 50 cm down in the Bull. Lots of hazards and the snow is all sugary.

The trail up has lots of rocks ticking the skis and one doesn't want to be too close to the edge for the fear of stumps and deadfall. For those who think it is good, I'm sorry, I don't agree.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had buddies ride up there a few days ago they said they didn't leave a rock un turned lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode up to Koko today and there are 50 cm in the Koko meadow, 60 cm in Mear lake, and 50 cm down in the Bull. Lots of hazards and the snow is all sugary.

The trail up has lots of rocks ticking the skis and one doesn't want to be too close to the edge for the fear of stumps and deadfall. For those who think it is good, I'm sorry, I don't agree.

Hey Doug, I think you might need to come and ride the "Fernie snow" lots of it here.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey Doug, I think you might need to come and ride the "Fernie snow" lots of it here.

Hahahahaha..........I'm coming once I get this family Christmas thing over and done with. But I'm also hearing conflicting stories and seeing pictures that weren't really convincing me that it was really ready for rockin' and rollin'.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Enough snow to get out on the koko trail? Can you get into bull river area?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We were up on the 29th of December and there are still lots of hazards. Didn't venture above Mear Lake as that is a mine field and needs lots of cover. The trail is open up and over to the Bull. Lots of rocks/stumps on the sides of the trail. Less snow in the Bull drainage. Cut blocks are dangerous, IMO.

Hope that helps Cassidy.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you, thinking of coming Monday Tuesday. Might ride or ski tour there or fernie area.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom