Attending the Jackson Hole Hill climb and riding in the area after - Recommendations

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well watche it a bit today. To many classes in my opinion and does get a little boring. Need more wrecks lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 281329Thomas rear skid also plays a huge part. Great skid for nasty climbs, keeps the track on the snow.

looks like the Lynx skid

1711330068366.png

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
600, 800, 900, Open mod is all that is really needed now. They also have a class for the factory turbos

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And that is a copy of the early 2000's yamaha skid, this skid is coupled

View attachment 281335

Skidoo has had ones like that for a long time too. 90s at least.(edit the sc 7 looked differnt, yamaha might be the first with that design) But the Linx looks like it is pretty similar geometry as well as the race skid for polaris

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo has had ones like that for a long time too. 90s at least. But the Linx looks like it is pretty similar geometry as well as the race skid for polaris
I noticed a bunch of racers had K-mods, I love my K-mod, simple, light, easy to adjust.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More classes give you more chances at running/winning.

When I was drag racing my 98 XCR 440, I entered it all the way up to 700 stock. it was hard to compete on the big end of a piped setup triple in improved classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More classes give you more chances at running/winning.

When I was drag racing my 98 XCR 440, I entered it all the way up to 700 stock. it was hard to compete on the big end of a piped setup triple in improved classes.

You have to pay to enter every class, I never entered anything I didn't have a shot at winning.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also used to do tech inspection and some races I feared for my life, the amount of cheaters I caught was pretty funny. Guys are creative I tell ya.

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ . lol there isn’t a true stock sled there . All the brands are in on it , but Polaris is the best a the racing game. Doo is getting better but some simple stuff like why they didn’t build a HCE with a turbo . So the bs last year with the illegal rear suspension on the free ride didn’t help but dang. The guys that raced in the stock turbo class had to run the free ride setup this year . Iit was good to see Justin Thomas beat KC in the king of kings . Maybe next race he won’t mail it in during the qualifying.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ . lol there isn’t a true stock sled there . All the brands are in on it , but Polaris is the best a the racing game. Doo is getting better but some simple stuff like why they didn’t build a HCE with a turbo . So the bs last year with the illegal rear suspension on the free ride didn’t help but dang. The guys that raced in the stock turbo class had to run the free ride setup this year . Iit was good to see Justin Thomas beat KC in the king of kings . Maybe next race he won’t mail it in during the qualifying.
I caught so many guys running holtz suspension painted black, it was ridiculous. I used to walk around with my calipers to measure the arm diameters, the holtz stuff was way smaller. I had the diameters for the stock stuff in my reference book lol.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to pay to enter every class, I never entered anything I didn't have a shot at winning.

Yep, It was 10-15 bucks a class in the late 90’s early 2000’s.

That sled worked extremely well and it was stock, we were allowed to clutch them that was it, it engaged at 6000rpm it was light, and very quick out of the hole, I also weighed 140lbs when I was a teenager as well.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sled worked extremely well and it was stock, we were allowed to clutch them that was it, it engaged at 6000rpm it was light, and very quick out of the hole, I also weighed 140lbs when I was a teenager as well.

there was an age limit put on racers up here in 2000 or 2001. Had to be 16 or older. Guys were putting their 80lb 10 year olds on sleds.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was told The HCE is available in a turbo for 2025.
The HCE a pretty cool race sled.. The Doo team did pretty good this year.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told The HCE is available in a turbo for 2025.
The HCE a pretty cool race sled.. The Doo team did pretty good this year.

Yes it sure did well, the boys racing for riderz all had great things to say about it

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something that was very interesting in the king of kings race was how close KC s 850;cc stock turbo cc was to his twin piped 9r improver. Stock turbo was just barely faster .

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something that was very interesting in the king of kings race was how close KC s 850;cc stock turbo cc was to his twin piped 9r improver. Stock turbo was just barely faster .
Just goes to show you can only hold it to the bars for so long. With all the turns you don’t have time for the big power to kick in. Bottom section is where the speed helps.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of DNFs this year. Have hardly seen any in the last few years in the top classes but some big names DNF'd.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a CKMP video with Carl talking about how well his team did. He said the first day he had never seen so many high marks in all the years he’s been there. He said for the second day they opened up the course a bit and more people got to the top but did say that’s why it’s the World Championships. It’s supposed to be tough. He said he was retiring this year but would un retire next March 15th lol.

Top Bottom