does anyone leave their sleds

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question is if anyone leaves their sleds near their riding areas rather than trailer them back and forth each time back home? You would have to find a secure spot to leave them and it would mean you would pretty much have to ride the same area the entire season but as long as there were other areas in the general direction and a few different places I am thinking it would be fine. Its not like I have the money to get out every weekend. if i can get out twice a month for 3 days each time I am happy.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question is if anyone leaves their sleds near their riding areas rather than trailer them back and forth each time back home? You would have to find a secure spot to leave them and it would mean you would pretty much have to ride the same area the entire season but as long as there were other areas in the general direction and a few different places I am thinking it would be fine. Its not like I have the money to get out every weekend. if i can get out twice a month for 3 days each time I am happy.
Some fellas from town used to leave their truck/trailer/gear in a locked compound in Kelowna and fly back and forth, riding Sicamous.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride the same area lots but I generally would want my sled back in the shop each time, just because I like to go over things and make sure its good to go for the next ride. not fun when your day gets cut short due to sled issues. Even though im running a new sled every 2 years always seem to find little things that need attention after a few rides.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do it lots of time... usually a 40-50 minute drive from our spot to the staging area...know the owner of the place and be nice to them ...
Enclosed heated trailer helps ...pop heater on when done for the day ...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we used to leave sleds in valemount at a buddys sled shack and it was awesome till i showed up one thursday and my trailer and sleds were missing, was sure nice for 2 winters not dragging the trailer back and forth every couple weekends, just make sure where you leave them is secure, and not just driveway gate and fence secure, i had a hitch lock, driveway was gated and the yard fenced, it was only a minor inconvenience for the thieves as the trailer and 1 sled was never seen again

• Wow
Reactions: RXN

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i leave my stuff in valemount. Chasing the snow gets old coming from Alberta, i just hop in the truck when the snow is good there and that's that. Sometimes its a 4pm friday decision, no preparation for a trip, its awesome

This right here. Same deal, leave our gear in golden and just go when it’s good. That and your really start to learn the area even more than normal.

a lot less gas when travelling back and fourth, not having to drag all that stuff.

Rn4

Reaction score
Don’t mind trucking. No need to worry if it’ll go missing under someone else’s eye. And have the sleds for a quick weekend trip to valemount/mcbride and don’t have to worry about how to get them if heading further south for a longer trip. Not tied down to one area either

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i leave my stuff in valemount. Chasing the snow gets old coming from Alberta, i just hop in the truck when the snow is good there and that's that. Sometimes its a 4pm friday decision, no preparation for a trip, its awesome

From Edmonton area, you're forced to chase the snow regardless of where you go. Minimum 4.5hr drive to closest BC lot. But we still make Friday 4pm decisions, load up in the dark and make calls to find hotels on the drive down lol. Sometimes that decision is even to Revy... long nights driving.. back home Sunday night after 2 days riding... work on Monday..

Calgary's proximity to the core of BC sledding is really ideal, day trips much more easier to do in Golden/Revy zones. I hate coming back from there when you're approaching Calgary thinking... "I still got a 2.5hr drive ahead of me!"

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have met a lot of different folks that do exactly that, leave their units in storage in what ever areas they like.
Personally its not me, more my wife style. I'm a pow chaser and been doing so for ever and I live very very close to some real cool zones, while the wife is more content with the same old same old. There is an element of the unknown when you chase and the wife feels more comfortable in her known riding zones.
I think if your time limited and when the opportunity comes to ride you don't want to think about it, its a great way too have the unit there and ready for you. You can always change it up the next season for a different area once your bored with it.
There is SO MUCH more to sledding in BC then the Zones you read about on forums like S&M, these have made their mark mostly because of publicity, tourism and fair enough when your a limited time frame.
Plus unmentioned epic zones are prefer by many locals to be kept unmentioned on forums as zones are getting busier in the sport.

Top Bottom