Carbon tax

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read a CTV article that suggests the rest of Canada will not be eligible for the reduction as of now...

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1698770711563.jpg
    FB_IMG_1698770711563.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_20231031_104543_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231031_104543_Facebook.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 138

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I semi disagree. I head out anywhere and we are the minority now. Not sure if all of "us people" are at work but the malls and everything we are far out numbered.
NE Calgary has a lot of immigrants from India and the Middle East. We don’t go to the mall there anymore or the Cineplex. First Cineplex I have ever been to that has a full time security guard in it and a police car sitting outside all the time . We decided maybe we would watch movies at one of the many other theatres in Calgary from here on in.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love it! Regardless of outcome, I find it hilarious how the Liberals have absolutely kicked themselves in the nuts. It was only a matter of time before a slip up. We got two this week and Gudie's comments have certainly added fuel to the fire. Certainly people must be questioning whether this is indeed more about politics than the environment. Let's see how this snowballs...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I’ve said it before...”Trudopes advisors are very short sighted” and they don’t go through the process to discuss the ramifications of their decisions.
Anybody with a sniff of common sense would realize the strife across the country that this would cause for any party.
It sure would be nice if Jagmeet could quickly grow a set of balls and boot the Trudope and his Librards to the curb.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve said it before...”Trudopes advisors are very short sighted” and they don’t go through the process to discuss the ramifications of their decisions.
Anybody with a sniff of common sense would realize the strife across the country that this would cause for any party.
It sure would be nice if Jagmeet could quickly grow a set of balls and boot the Trudope and his Librards to the curb.
He would have to get his balls out of sock boys mouth first

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard him on the radio on way home from grabbing the mail today. He basically can’t believe how stupid that Trudeau is not including all Canadians in the carve out. Now what ya gonna do about it Jag?

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard him on the radio on way home from grabbing the mail today. He basically can’t believe how stupid that Trudeau is not including all Canadians in the carve out. Now what ya gonna do about it Jag?
He likes to talk the big talk and then his spring loaded arm jumps up to vote with the liberals

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love it! Regardless of outcome, I find it hilarious how the Liberals have absolutely kicked themselves in the nuts. It was only a matter of time before a slip up. We got two this week and Gudie's comments have certainly added fuel to the fire. Certainly people must be questioning whether this is indeed more about politics than the environment. Let's see how this snowballs...
Love it.. opened the apple box and every major news outlet is reporting on it even the left wing rags.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love it.. opened the apple box and every major news outlet is reporting on it even the left wing rags.
Yep when you have ticked off the NDP and the conservatives and getting bad press from all media you screwed up. Looks good on them.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how many can see this.

Basically it says the Bank of Canada mentioned that if the carbon tax was removed for all Canadians, it would lower inflation by .6% and they could start lowering interest rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Liberals must be in major damage control meetings right now. Really quiet.

If the Liberal government was to abandon the carbon tax entirely, inflation in Canada would drop 16 percent, says Bank of Canada Governor Tiff Macklem.

Mr. Macklem provided this information while testifying before the House of Commons finance committee on Oct. 30.

“That would create a one-time drop in inflation of 0.6 percentage points,” said Mr. Macklem in response to a question from Conservative MP Philip Lawrence. Inflation is currently at 3.8 percent in Canada.

The central bank has been battling elevated inflation for months and Mr. Macklem said his job is made harder by government spending.

“It would be helpful if monetary and fiscal policy was rowing in the same direction,” he said.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It is to our advantage for the BoC to be spelling out the different philosophies between themselves and the Libtards.
It is also to our advantage that the msm is also reporting this information. Maybe people can get their heads out of the sand and see that the carbon tax is just that...........another tax and it isn’t actually doing anything to help the environment.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quick Dick McDick commented on his latest podcast that the Liberals have obviously been lying to Canadians. We pay carbon tax and then are reimbursed by the govt. so if that’s the case then why the carve out in the Maritimes? Yep nobody lies like a Liberal.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one likes them but maybe we need to vote them in in Alberta if we wnat some relief lol

Seriously though only a mental midget woul believe them.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quick Dick McDick commented on his latest podcast that the Liberals have obviously been lying to Canadians. We pay carbon tax and then are reimbursed by the govt. so if that’s the case then why the carve out in the Maritimes? Yep nobody lies like a Liberal.
It’s all coming home to roost now. Bank of Canada is saying the liberal policies ( carbon tax) are to blame for inflation. Knives are coming out ! 🙂

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Turd is saying that there will be no more exemptions for other provinces. This is a tax on pollution he said. He’s digging in.

Top Bottom