Gas price increase Apr 1 carbon tax

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am still trying to figure out what the normal temperature of earth should be. Are we to cool right now? If we are to hot when did we cross the threshold? No one seems to ever talk about this, it’s always we are warming and that’s bad but where is the evidence that is bad. It’s always just it’s bad and that’s scary so we should all be scared and pay extra to live.

There were a few times last winter I felt it was too cool, and last summer I felt it was too hot on occasion. But there were some days I thought it was just right.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking logically, if a tree is cut down and made into lumber, which in turn gets used for a house or furniture etc, that carbon will be sequestered for decades and should count as a credit. It doesn’t Rot, and the trees that get replanted to replace those cut down add to the carbon absorption....

Thats not how that works, but the greenies want you to believe a house is carbon neutral, but it isn’t.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking logically, if a tree is cut down and made into lumber, which in turn gets used for a house or furniture etc, that carbon will be sequestered for decades and should count as a credit. It doesn’t Rot, and the trees that get replanted to replace those cut down add to the carbon absorption....

Yes it is a store of carbon for a period of time, but on a geologic time scale this period is also quite short. What could make the difference in this scenario though is to remove the carbon from that lumber at the end of its life and store it underground, think coal mine in reverse, put wood charcoal back into an old mine pit and cover it up. Again though this process would be expensive for the results it were to achieve.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A gas in Salmon Arm didn't go up April 1st. It is still $1.269 at the Coop and has been that way for a few weeks now.

BC's carbon tax rate went from $40-$45 dollars per tonne, which works out to 1.1 cents/liter. It's possible some stations just ate that cost. (BC has it's own carbon tax, and it is higher than the federal tax, so the tax is only paid to the province of BC).

Where as the rest of Canada went from $30-$40 per tonne, which is 2.2 cents/liter.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A gas in Salmon Arm didn't go up April 1st. It is still $1.269 at the Coop and has been that way for a few weeks now.
$1.35 plus here, just back from Alberta and it like 15-20 cents less. I said to the wife welcome home tax mule.

Top Bottom