Gas price increase Apr 1 carbon tax

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looky looky at that big fat number next to the carbon tax line.
Yup and today its 0.108 cents a liter I think the fuel guys said.... will probably do that fill 3-4 more times this year. Peanuts compared to a lot of fellas.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup and today its 0.108 cents a liter I think the fuel guys said.... will probably do that fill 3-4 more times this year. Peanuts compared to a lot of fellas.

Ya we couldn’t have to many good things in a row going for us could we. Decent crop, good prices cheap fuel for year. Cost increases coming across board.

Going to hurt when they fill our tank. The one is 50k L. Lasts for seeding

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we couldn’t have to many good things in a row going for us could we. Decent crop, good prices cheap fuel for year. Cost increases coming across board.

Going to hurt when they fill our tank. The one is 50k L. Lasts for seeding
Yeah pretty crazy to think I could buy clear this time last year for 64 cents a liter, I swung more than a few Novid fuel tanks into place last year.... And yeah cost increases are going crazy this year. 30% increase since January 1st on Westeel bin steel, augers are up, and 8 month wait, hopper manufacturers are scrambling for steel and prices are rising sharply there too.

Lots of people were all worried about 2020, I'm far more concerned with 2021 myself.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah pretty crazy to think I could buy clear this time last year for 64 cents a liter, I swung more than a few Novid fuel tanks into place last year.... And yeah cost increases are going crazy this year. 30% increase since January 1st on Westeel bin steel, augers are up, and 8 month wait, hopper manufacturers are scrambling for steel and prices are rising sharply there too.

Lots of people were all worried about 2020, I'm far more concerned with 2021 myself.
Don't even get started on fertilizer prices

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't even get started on fertilizer prices

You didn’t book all yours in November when you sold $12 canola

Its insane the cost increase and wait time for products. Do not wreck anything vital or hope you have back up

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You didn’t book all yours in November when you sold $12 canola

Its insane the cost increase and wait time for products. Do not wreck anything vital or hope you have back up
Yeah I was late to the party. Always have done decent right after new year and usually sitting with some good cash in the bank then so just been doing it that way.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carbon Tax = Wealth redistribution tax (in disguise). Alberta will need to re-institute their own carbon tax (as per the SCC's carbon tax judgment) to ensure the provincial government receives the revenues that can be reinvested into actually lowering carbon emission through investment and R&D. The redistribution that the federal Liberal's are doing is a total sham. If the provincial or federal governments really wants to lower carbon emission, it should be through legislative governance and collaboration with industry, not taxing the sh!t out of individuals or small businesses. Large carbon emitters have already been trying to lower their carbon footprint. As the carbon tax increases, the investment into Canadian industry decreases. Disclaimer: I do not in any way support a carbon tax in any way.

Lowering carbon emissions has never been and never will be the reason for the tax. It's all about an easy money grab by politicians. I don't know how in h*** people are so dumb they buy into thinking that by taxing emissions it will magically reduce those emissions. It's about as dumb as thinking humans can control the weather.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm no climate scientist but some experts are saying the eruptions just from Mount Etna in the past few weeks has spewed more CO2 than humans have in the last 10 years. If thats true then why bother?

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lowering carbon emissions has never been and never will be the reason for the tax. It's all about an easy money grab by politicians. I don't know how in h*** people are so dumb they buy into thinking that by taxing emissions it will magically reduce those emissions. It's about as dumb as thinking humans can control the weather.

Some individuals simply do not understand carbon, without Carbon all living things would cease to exist. Not sure what there teaching anymore in skools lol. Some people simply think simply riding a bus and living in the parents house forever and somehow imagining that food magically appears on the table or in aisle 4 at sobey's just don't get simple economics but will whine when they cannot have what they want or run up debt beyond belief and expect help from the said parents or relatives because of stupidity.:/

I personally would like thank all of the Farmers out there for what they do and how hard it has become to make ends meet:)
Without the Farmers there will be no Future for the rest. Thank you.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bigger question is how much carbon is used/absorbed as a necessary component of photosynthesis by all the plants and organisms compared to the estimates of carbon released into the atmosphere. And whatever the difference is, how much more could be absorbed by a vigorous replanting program by all nations that have the funds and ability to do so. I’m thinking common sense questions like these would be discounted by the environmentalists as too simplistic. No big money to be made by special interests from an idea like that...

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bigger question is how much carbon is used/absorbed as a necessary component of photosynthesis by all the plants and organisms compared to the estimates of carbon released into the atmosphere. And whatever the difference is, how much more could be absorbed by a vigorous replanting program by all nations that have the funds and ability to do so. I’m thinking common sense questions like these would be discounted by the environmentalists as too simplistic. No big money to be made by special interests from an idea like that...

It could be done, the issue comes with what to do with the plants remains, if the plant material is left in a bog or muskeg the carbon can be sequestered for a long period of time, if the plant material is left to rot like in a normal farmers field then the carbon is just returned right back to the atmosphere as CO2 by the organisms that break it down.

I did once see an article on fertilizing deep water portions of the ocean with iron sulphate powder to create giant algae blooms, when the algae die they sink to the bottom of the ocean sequestering the carbon indefinitely. The problem was it would take 1 ton of iron to sequester 1000 tons of carbon, which would mean we'd have to divert the global production of iron to this project just to make a dent in the problem, an un-realistic project at best.

Last edited:

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some individuals simply do not understand carbon, without Carbon all living things would cease to exist. Not sure what there teaching anymore in skools lol. Some people simply think simply riding a bus and living in the parents house forever and somehow imagining that food magically appears on the table or in aisle 4 at sobey's just don't get simple economics but will whine when they cannot have what they want or run up debt beyond belief and expect help from the said parents or relatives because of stupidity.:/

I personally would like thank all of the Farmers out there for what they do and how hard it has become to make ends meet:)
Without the Farmers there will be no Future for the rest. Thank you.

Carbon itself is a completely different element apart from Carbon dioxide and monoxide which is the bond that the carbon tax is geared towards. While I think the tax is a load of garbage, it's not taxing a periodic element essential to life lol #skool

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I am still trying to figure out what the normal temperature of earth should be. Are we to cool right now? If we are to hot when did we cross the threshold? No one seems to ever talk about this, it’s always we are warming and that’s bad but where is the evidence that is bad. It’s always just it’s bad and that’s scary so we should all be scared and pay extra to live.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am still trying to figure out what the normal temperature of earth should be. Are we to cool right now? If we are to hot when did we cross the threshold? No one seems to ever talk about this, it’s always we are warming and that’s bad but where is the evidence that is bad. It’s always just it’s bad and that’s scary so we should all be scared and pay extra to live.
The narrative will evolve to back up their arguments. Global cooling then global warming. Its like Covid facts. They change whenever they need them to

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember now to say thank you to a liberatard at the pump now, and groceries stores for the hike in prices, Man Folks have to wake up to this Mess Canada is becoming.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It could be done, the issue comes with what to do with the plants remains, if the plant material is left in a bog or muskeg the carbon can be sequestered for a long period of time, if the plant material is left to rot like in a normal farmers field then the carbon is just returned right back to the atmosphere as CO2 by the organisms that break it down.

I did once see an article on fertilizing deep water portions of the ocean with iron sulphate powder to create giant algae blooms, when the algae die they sink to the bottom of the ocean sequestering the carbon indefinitely. The problem was it would take 1 ton of iron to sequester 1000 tons of carbon, which would mean we'd have to divert the global production of iron to this project just to make a dent in the problem, an un-realistic project at best.

Thinking logically, if a tree is cut down and made into lumber, which in turn gets used for a house or furniture etc, that carbon will be sequestered for decades and should count as a credit. It doesn’t Rot, and the trees that get replanted to replace those cut down add to the carbon absorption....

Top Bottom