Blackstone gap directions?

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Not sure which is faster, but from Nordegg go west just a few minutes than turn north(R) onto the Forestry Trunk Road. follow that for awhile(Don't remember exactly, maybe 15-20 minutes until you see a sign for the Chungo Outfitters on Chungo Road. The entrance of this road is actually a Y shape from off the trunk road(L)
Follow this road until you come to another Y, keep going straight over a small bridge, do NOT turn left. This road eventually stops in a field where you can random camp. There is also a provincial campground, but you cannot quad out of it.
To actually get to the Blackstone Gap you have to quad past the outfitters, over a quad only bridge,( this road is actually closed to car/trucks), over another partially washed out bridge and a few hundred yards past this watch for a well worn trail on the left, take that. You will soon cross through the Blackstone River. Keep following this trail, staying to the right at all times( there are no real other trails in the area). There is one short steep gravel hill that might be tricky but it is near the end. There is also some skeg but should be no problem. You will know when you come the end, I think there was a sign but the quad trail just ends and it is only hiking in from then on. There are no real other trails in the area that we found but it is good for a day or two.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have no idea, but welcome to the site. but for the record...is blackstone gap a good area for sledding?

LJJDN

Reaction score
Is there a way you can drive back in there with your truck and and camp?

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
There are other roads but I don't know where they are in comparison to this trail I mentioned above. I suggest you go buy a Backcountry Mapbook of central AB. Can buy at Crappy tire, Safeway places like that, about $25.00 They are however not always 100% accurate, but it gives you a general view of an area.

Top Bottom