Another stolen truck, trailer, and sleds in Revy last night

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ask me the town of revvy and all the businesses you would think would be raising a stink over how bad it is. Because in time if it doesn't change i'm sure it will affect the sledding business that they get. Because if you have an option to go somewhere that you feel your stuff is safe versus somewhere that alot of stuff gets stolen where do you think people are gonna go? No brainer to me.

Problem is the riding around Revy is just too damn good!!:d
The problem with all the thefts is kind of why I stay at a place in Malakwa instead of in Revy. Sure I gotta drive 30 min to and from Revy but I sleep well at night. That and if the weather sux in Revy, a guy can always try to get up into Hunters or travel to Sorrento to ride around there.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is the riding around Revy is just too damn good!!:d
The problem with all the thefts is kind of why I stay at a place in Malakwa instead of in Revy. Sure I gotta drive 30 min to and from Revy but I sleep well at night. That and if the weather sux in Revy, a guy can always try to get up into Hunters or travel to Sorrento to ride around there.

My point of my post was to get idea's like this out. What people do to try and make there stuff safe while they are rthere. Maybe if some of the hotels and such like that in revvy saw the press that was goin on in a place like snow and mud it might make them step up there security more. And maybe have there security wathches totally random so that theives couldn't try and figure out what times they do there rounds and different things like that. All idea's are good if they help stop the thieven beggers.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The thefts were a huge problem 05-07. The RCMP, ICBC and Snowmobile Revelstoke Society worked together to try and fix it. A sled theft prevention brochure was produced and 10,000 of them distributed, mostly on vehicles in the staging areas.

This is from the SRS website.

Come play with us, but be sure to protect your investments!

Theft Prevention Tips

Park your vehicles in a well-lit area - Thieves don’t like to be spotted, so park in an area with good visibility and lots of pedestrian traffic.

Disable your tow vehicle at night! ~ Remove a battery terminal, coil, distributer cap, etc.

Invest in anti-theft devices ~ These are available for both your tow vehicle, your trailer and your snowmobile.

Securely lock all of your equipment! ~ Lock your trailer to your tow vehicle or to something secure.

Mark Your sleds with an identification number ~ Engrave your driver’s license in a conspicuous place.

Record all identifying info on your equipment ~ This includes your sleds, truck and trailer. Keep this information seperate from your machine.

Some hotels have security and cameras, the police do patrol the hotel lots during the night when they have the time.
Problem died off in 08-10, it seemed to move to another popular riding area to the N.
Now they are back and it seems the thieves know the heat is on again and they are hitting areas on the outskirts of town.

When you guys call to make reservations ask if they have security or cameras. Take precautions to protect your toys and keep an eye open for suspicious people or activity in the lots.
Like the news article says the police are working again with ICBC but we won`t see bait vehicles this season.
You don`t have to have sleds on to have your Ford truck stolen and you don`t have to be a tourist to have your sled stolen either.

.....and like "inside" stated there is a huge market for stolen sleds and ATV`s, the RCMP are checking reg. at the staging areas on a regular basis, and like I said before riders are complaining they are being inconvienienced. When 7 of 45 sleds flown out after the Turbo avy were previoulsy reported stolen it`s black and white.

Last edited:

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lets hope the dude in this video isn't the one who steals the Bait Trailer...can you imagine him towing a fourplace trailer!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmN-An9eDpM[/media]

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And all that putz gets is 4 years????he will be out in 16 months that is utter bs.:rant:

Taylzee

Reaction score
Theft would go down if they didn't have a market to sell the goods. I think there is a lot of people that you wouldn't expect that got a really good deal on a sled or quad. The guys that buy the stuff are as bad as the people who steel it.

I agree whole heartedly. But that would mean that we would all stop shopping online for a deal.

My point of my post was to get idea's like this out. What people do to try and make there stuff safe while they are rthere. Maybe if some of the hotels and such like that in revvy saw the press that was goin on in a place like snow and mud it might make them step up there security more. And maybe have there security wathches totally random so that theives couldn't try and figure out what times they do there rounds and different things like that. All idea's are good if they help stop the thieven beggers.

Not sure, but this would cost hotel owners a bunch and the $15 an hour the security guard makes (if he/she isn't sleeping while the theft takes place) would be pasted onto the person staying at the said hotel. If this is organized crime, the $500 they would offer the guy/girl working security to look the other way so as to not get beat into the hospital would outway them trying to stop the perpetratures from taking what ever they want.

The thefts were a huge problem 05-07. The RCMP, ICBC and Snowmobile Revelstoke Society worked together to try and fix it. A sled theft prevention brochure was produced and 10,000 of them distributed, mostly on vehicles in the staging areas.

This is from the SRS website.

Come play with us, but be sure to protect your investments!

Theft Prevention Tips

Park your vehicles in a well-lit area - Thieves don’t like to be spotted, so park in an area with good visibility and lots of pedestrian traffic.

Disable your tow vehicle at night! ~ Remove a battery terminal, coil, distributer cap, etc.

Invest in anti-theft devices ~ These are available for both your tow vehicle, your trailer and your snowmobile.

Securely lock all of your equipment! ~ Lock your trailer to your tow vehicle or to something secure.

Mark Your sleds with an identification number ~ Engrave your driver’s license in a conspicuous place.

Record all identifying info on your equipment ~ This includes your sleds, truck and trailer. Keep this information seperate from your machine.

Some hotels have security and cameras, the police do patrol the hotel lots during the night when they have the time.
Problem died off in 08-10, it seemed to move to another popular riding area to the N.
Now they are back and it seems the thieves know the heat is on again and they are hitting areas on the outskirts of town.

When you guys call to make reservations ask if they have security or cameras. Take precautions to protect your toys and keep an eye open for suspicious people or activity in the lots.
Like the news article says the police are working again with ICBC but we won`t see bait vehicles this season.
You don`t have to have sleds on to have your Ford truck stolen and you don`t have to be a tourist to have your sled stolen either.

.....and like "inside" stated there is a huge market for stolen sleds and ATV`s, the RCMP are checking reg. at the staging areas on a regular basis, and like I said before riders are complaining they are being inconvienienced. When 7 of 45 sleds flown out after the Turbo avy were previoulsy reported stolen it`s black and white.

All these are a great start but you have to get a little more creative. Don't be advertizing what your trick is and where you are going and driving.

To me it's like some kid who spends his life savings on a new car stereo and it comes with a sticker that he puts in the back window! To an organized thief it says "STEEL ME"!

Until the law boys gets serious and considers these types of crimes serious, it will just keep on keepin on. But I don't think they will, cause it requires too much work when they can (sit and harrass), OOPS INSIDE VOICE!!!, I mean look for stolen sleds on the hill or hand out speeding/seatbelt/trailer/bullcrap tickets to regular Joe, law obeying citizens (cash grab), OOPS INSIDE VOICE AGAIN!, nothing will change. It is what it is.

So you can get insurance and not worry about anything but jacked insurance premiums or you can stay up and catch the chooches and deal with them yourself and get life in prison for protecting your hard earned property or???

Don't ask me what I really think!

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They need to set up a trailer similar to this set up. Then could just switch out trucks for a different look. It has an alarm system and gps tracking. You can also set up a geo fence, so that if it leaves the perimeter, it sets of an alarm. The alarm also texts your cell phone and sends an email. My trailer has this set up.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
They need to set up a trailer similar to this set up. Then could just switch out trucks for a different look. It has an alarm system and gps tracking. You can also set up a geo fence, so that if it leaves the perimeter, it sets of an alarm. The alarm also texts your cell phone and sends an email. My trailer has this set up.

Did you sleep in LOL?? Thats what we are talking about...the bait trailer...

Hmmm...

Top Bottom