Another stolen truck, trailer, and sleds in Revy last night

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also why dont they set up a bait truck and trailer like they do for car theives in big cities. Also an easy way to track your own rig is use a spottracker mounted somewhere and put it onto track at night when parked. Might just lead the cops right to a major chop shop.

I don't think thieves are that bright or that organized to have a major chop shop. That is the stuff of movies.

IMO, Fords are easy to steal, lots of Fords have sleds and trailers hooked up to them. Lots of thieves want their own sled or trailer without actually having to work for it.

I don't think there is anything organized about this.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I don't think thieves are that bright or that organized to have a major chop shop. That is the stuff of movies.

IMO, Fords are easy to steal, lots of Fords have sleds and trailers hooked up to them. Lots of thieves want their own sled or trailer without actually having to work for it.

My post was more to sugest ways to battle the problem not to debate if it is organized crime.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My post was more to sugest ways to battle the problem not to debate if it is organized crime.

I actually wish thieves were more organized because then the cops could find them. Some thief would get picked up for beating his wife and give the police everything they need to know about the chop shop.

Right now, I think the police have to put a lot of resources into finding one thief at a time and the judicial system pretty much lets them off anyways.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My theory is this, theives are not showing up to parking lots with balaclavas on and carrying bolt cutters, grinders and slim jims. They look and act just like you and me, how many times do your think someone has seen someone unloading a sled or unhooking a trailer in a hotel parking lot and not thought twice? Best Western is probably as safe as it gets box it in cameras everywhere and you have to show proof if you want to leave at late hours perfect. Its all about deterrent make your stuff harder to steal than the next guy.

Thats the smartest comment I heard on here in a while and its true. Todays theifs are probably on the forums, they can see when you post what you and what you have in it and when you post up what weekend your riding and where, well its not that hard for them is it. Plus the general public (seems the sledding community is different) doesnt want confrontation. How many times have you seen someone trying to jimmy a lock with a hanger in a parking lot and maybe you ask them if they need a hand and they just say "not really almost got it, locked my keys inside" and you go about your way. Did you stop and wait till they got in then asked to see proof that they own that car? Think about it.

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Apparently the RCMP disagree with you.

Revelstoke RCMP believe that an organized crime group from the Okanagan is behind a rash of truck, trailer and snowmobile thefts in the Revelstoke area over the past six weeks.

We have said for ten years there has been a group stealing units from all over BC Valemount has had lots and out of hundreds of units taken very few have ever been recovered that includes the tow units.
Chop shops are still in business today and they are very organized.

I think GPS tracking is the only way we will catch the MF's:rant::rant:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca

Revelstoke RCMP believe that an organized crime group from the Okanagan is behind a rash of truck, trailer and snowmobile thefts in the Revelstoke area over the past six weeks.

We have said for ten years there has been a group stealing units from all over BC Valemount has had lots and out of hundreds of units taken very few have ever been recovered that includes the tow units.

I totally agree that these guys are organized. They are targeting this stuff as they obviously have buyers for it. If it was just punks or crack heads they would smash a window and take what they could grab.

big_red1a

Reaction score

:rant: I think GPS tracking is the only way we will catch the MF's:rant::rant:
:nono:

Check out Goldeneyegps.com ask for the GE990 (Less expensive model) I spoke with Rich. The number is on there site. Nice that there is no monthly fee compaired to others i have researched. :ontopic:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What do you think of this new unit?

Directed Electronics launches SmartStart GPS at CES | ceoutlook.com

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My cousin's F350 was stolen last year with his sled in Kelowna. Cops told him the trucks are a hot item because of the replacement cost of an engine and tranny. I have a '06 F350 and just got a new motor replaced in it under warranty. The bill for a complete new engine was $24,000 installed. So, I am pretty sure there is organized crime involved in this with this kind of dollar figure. The sled is just a bonus.

Also, heard the sophisticated thief has gps blockers so they will get you if they want it bad enough.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can say is Cooke city sh*t like that does not happen in a town of under 200 ppl. And I have rode many times in Revy and started going to Cooke and I must say if Cooke has snow it's a very nice area to ride.

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Freind of mine had his ford & brand new xp stolen from revy less than 2weeks ago. He isnt online, too busy working. The town of Revy, major's office, cops need to do something about this! Guess there all counting there $ from the ski hill to care about us. Something that keep the town going during the winter months. Something like 9 million input from the sledding group each yr.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the actual count is of vehicles and sleds stolen from revy this year is?

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
It looks like there have been 7 sleds stolen this season. One thing to note is the RCMP are checking vehicles/sleds on the rds., sleds at the staging areas and on the hills for reg.
The SRS office is getting complaint calls because riders figure they are now being inconvenienced. Can`t win.:confused:
When you are making reserv. are you asking if they have security and are you taking precautions yourself?

Revelstoke Times Review - RCMP report four more sleds and one pickup stolen

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were staying at glacier house right now on Thursday nite a truck with two on the deck and towing a enclosed was stolen they were from Washington

ForeverRMK!

Reaction score
Do the cops in Revy think these people are stealing these trucks and sleds to go for a ride up the mountain before they leave town... Is that why they're checking in the staging areas and up the hill??? Revy should be one of the easiest places to catch criminals there isn't to many roads in and out!!! These thieves watch and know the scheduls of the RCMP in small towns and wait for the right time to slip out undetected.. Like someone else said this is organized crime to be stealing trucks, trailers and sleds.. It's not the ski bums or the crackheads they might take the change from the cup holder or your radar detector,, that's just my 2 cents on this!!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the cops in Revy think these people are stealing these trucks and sleds to go for a ride up the mountain before they leave town... Is that why they're checking in the staging areas and up the hill??? Revy should be one of the easiest places to catch criminals there isn't to many roads in and out!!! These thieves watch and know the scheduls of the RCMP in small towns and wait for the right time to slip out undetected.. Like someone else said this is organized crime to be stealing trucks, trailers and sleds.. It's not the ski bums or the crackheads they might take the change from the cup holder or your radar detector,, that's just my 2 cents on this!!

Exactly!! Kind of ridiculous. Those trucks are either halfway to Vancouver, Prince George, or Calgary before the owners even know they are gone.
Armed roving security. That would curb alot of the problems IMO!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ask me the town of revvy and all the businesses you would think would be raising a stink over how bad it is. Because in time if it doesn't change i'm sure it will affect the sledding business that they get. Because if you have an option to go somewhere that you feel your stuff is safe versus somewhere that alot of stuff gets stolen where do you think people are gonna go? No brainer to me.

inside

Reaction score
Theft would go down if they didn't have a market to sell the goods. I think there is a lot of people that you wouldn't expect that got a really good deal on a sled or quad. The guys that buy the stuff are as bad as the people who steel it.

Top Bottom