Stolen truck and sleds

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mcbride it is this year ... lol sounds to be the safest town so far but im sure that will change

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of this I'll keep my eye's and ears open. I know the feeling thou had my sled trailer with 2 sleds stolen in Mcbride back in 2007 but we chased them down and caught them...turns out the truck they used was a ford f250 stolen the night before in Valemont. As for bikers yes the RCMP said there was a H.A. chop shop in Prince George and that was most likely where it was all going.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pull the fuel pump relay/fuse or ign coil fuse, cheep easy!
that or get an alarm with starter cutoff, can be installed for as low as about $250. sure beats loosin your rig & sleds and all the BS that comes with it. pretty cheap insurance...

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no buy a spot trace and have fun with taking matters in your own hands. have a bunch coming for our cabin renters

Garmin GTU10 is another option. It's more expensive up front than the Spot Trace ($199 vs. $120), but the top line annual tracking fee is only 55$ compared to $200.00 for spot trace. The Garmin also allows you to receive location every 15 seconds (vs. 2 1/2 minutes with the Spot).

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
that or get an alarm with starter cutoff, can be installed for as low as about $250. sure beats loosin your rig & sleds and all the BS that comes with it. pretty cheap insurance...

does anyone know if the alarm install companies will still put an "auxilary loop" into the system for you that if that circuit gets broken it sets off the alarm? I remember taking my ATV rider safety course when I was Surveying and the guy doing the training had one, he ran a loop of wire thru the frames of his quads and if that circuit got broken (went open) the alarm would go off on the truck.....

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Garmin GTU10 is another option. It's more expensive up front than the Spot Trace ($199 vs. $120), but the top line annual tracking fee is only 55$ compared to $200.00 for spot trace. The Garmin also allows you to receive location every 15 seconds (vs. 2 1/2 minutes with the Spot).

The only thing about GPS units though is that they have to be pretty much in the open to work as far as I know. I doubt you can bury them down inside the engine compartment and expect a signal. Maybe a place in or under the seat though. Hopefully if you had a tracking device the cops would be willing to work with you and use the information as soon as you notice the theft.

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Buddy at work Last week had his Son at Valemount waiting for a bus late at night. Bus was late. Buddy called RCMP to check on his son at the bus stop out in the open at 2.00 AM. He was told cops are sleeping because it`s nighttime. Pretty hard to catch thiefs when your sleeping. No night checks. Not slamming Valemount bet it is like this in all small towns

Braaap

Reaction score
So much for the crackdown on theives in Revy....sooner or later people are going to stay away and that will hurt the town. Why don't the hotels put up locked compunds with security for parking?

Saw this in the Valemount/Blue River Thread. Best Western there has a gated locked compound and cameras. Guys just smashed right through the gate apparently, ridiculous what length they will go to.

https://www.snowandmud.com/valemount-blue-river-2/truck-trailer-stolen-out-valemount-best-86321.html

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the sound of it these guys are selling the sleds for what $4000.

Seems like always getting newer sleds. Like yet to hear a trailer hit and some edge rmks and rev summits stolen.

Also to be targeting fords cause of the ease of theft.

Also who are these douches buying these new sleds for less than half price. They cant be parting them. Whos buying these parts and leaves them with evidence for a long damn time compared to dumping the whole sled right away.

Maybe they are fawking newfies that were here to work lost their fort mac job and are shipping them home in moving vans to sell or part out there?

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty hard to catch thiefs when your sleeping. No night checks. Not slamming Valemount bet it is like this in all small towns

True. Sicamous, Revy, Golden, Valemount to name a few are all in the same boat. Sled theft is NOT a priority for cops in these towns. Checking trucks pulling trailers in the day or evening doesn't do much good to fix the problem. Most thefts seem to be from 2 to 5 a.m. Motels are filled with sledders every weekend in spite of the odd theft of rigs and sleds so what incentive is there to really change anything? I wonder if the thefts are even reported in the local papers/news or just on sled specific forums.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canada is fawked up half the time the police are in on it. show me this type of problem down in the States

You have any evidence to support that the county mounties are in on the theft rings?

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe they could implement a bylaw that from 10pm-7am any unit wit sleds or enclosed trailer on road be stopped for a routine check in these towns. I know it may hassel sum but i feel its worth it to catch a few of these pricks or atleast it would slow them down alot. Dosnt have to be a curfew. Can still go out to bars but just have a DD. its sad that it has to get this bad.

Top Bottom