Stolen truck and sleds

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forwarded this on to snowest and arctic chat. hope u get your stuff back. this has got to be an organized thing. bait truck and sleds should be implemented. catch these scumbags thiefs and beat them in public.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I don't think I can add anything about what to do to the thieves that hasn't already been said. I drive a 03 F250 and am always worried about how easy they seem to be stolen. Last year we put a switch in for the fuel pump. A person works hard or their stuff and some little f$%& comes and steals it. I really like the dragging idea.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It makes you wonder why they don't. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on these motels what would a fenced parking lot cost with a gate?

It would be ugly and the skiers and boarders wouldn't like it.... but. Revelstoke doesn't just cater to sledders

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if this RCMP bait set up is using a Ford....... Probably not......

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought, hotel night staff (night auditor) is usually the same person or persons night after night and see more then you think. Add the fact I have seen a number of these posts in the past month and Best Western Revy is a common line in the initial discription:confused: of the post. Coincidence???

What is going to suck is sooner then later I hope someone is going to catch one of these acts happening, however they will take matters into their own hands and it is the victim that is going to end up in trouble and that my friends it a giant pile of road apples!! If this happens "stick up for buddy" and if I see this I am a hostage that will drive if you pick up what I am laying down. ;)

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think in fernie? my friend lived there for a winter and he was a snowboarder and i guess there is a large amount of hockey players there and he got jumped a couple times by the hockey players for being a non local and a snowboarder? something like that...... could be that some greeny locals are pissed at the sledders and are doing it.

I really think the town of revelstoke needs to do something about it or they will notice a drop off of sledders. I know a few people that will not go there because of the amount of sleds stolen.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this.... Again!!! Here was my observation last year when we were going to stay at the Best Western.... The only parking was on west side and as we parked we noticed that there was some gents about 5 or 6 of them watching us from there place across the street... We observed made a few comments to each other and proceeded to check in... Came back out and the shifty looking characters still watching... We went in trailer for abit came back out and well it just didn't feel right so we checked out and got a refund and headed to Sicamous cuz no other rooms... Not saying it was anything just one of those gut instinct things from two guys.....

However of the Ford issues of the pre 2007 .. Yes it was/is a problem as over the years... And do I know this.. I always had Ford F350 for my guys and after a 2 thefts we then installed fuel switch... Then another one stolen as the smart ones if a will look for switch... Then we added steering clubs ... Well holy fug they cut the steering wheel to get club off!!! All of these thefts over the years from 2003 - 2007 were in Slave Lake, Whitecourt, Bonneyville, GP, and FN... So then went with Command Start with a real fuel demobilizer ...

But yes either the town or hotels could maybe look at some system to help with this. As for RCMP they can't be everywhere all the time and as I understand they are putting new efforts to attract these scum sucking bastards!!!

For the vigilantes that take matters into your own hands if the opportunity should arise... Keep it to yourself!!! It works..

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a couple of observations

1) Broken Axle in Calgary installs a cut off switch for under $200. Very cheap insurance. If the thieves really want the truck / sleds, they will eventually figure it out but most thieves are opportunistic. They will just go to the next truck

2) a few weeks back, a sled was recovered because the new "owner" was bragging how he placed an order and got one delivered for under $4000. This seems to me that the thefts are organized. There are almost no criminal organizations that have the capacity to accept an order in one part of Western Canada, steal them in another, and deliver. The only one I can think of is the biker clubs. Next time you see them cruising down the highway and think " pretty cool guys", remember that these are probably the ones stealing our stuff.

KFresh

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. We were there this weekend- next door at the Sandman. We went into town Friday night to grab some pizza and got pulled over within 2 minutes so they could make sure the registration matched up because thefts have been happening a lot. Will definitely share with our friends that live in and around the area- really hope it all turns up.

Oilsandsking

Reaction score
Sorry to
Hear about that , hopfully you recover both your truck and trailer with your sleds , I will keep a eye out your your unit . I flippin hate thief's . You know how you were put to death by being a horse thief , I think thievery at any magnitude should be that way .

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still no overnight security for sledders in Revy? You'd think the hotels would step up.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have city firefighters that were recently busted as part of a inter provincial theft ring. You never know who it may be these days.
a couple of observations

1) Broken Axle in Calgary installs a cut off switch for under $200. Very cheap insurance. If the thieves really want the truck / sleds, they will eventually figure it out but most thieves are opportunistic. They will just go to the next truck

2) a few weeks back, a sled was recovered because the new "owner" was bragging how he placed an order and got one delivered for under $4000. This seems to me that the thefts are organized. There are almost no criminal organizations that have the capacity to accept an order in one part of Western Canada, steal them in another, and deliver. The only one I can think of is the biker clubs. Next time you see them cruising down the highway and think " pretty cool guys", remember that these are probably the ones stealing our stuff.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the hotels don't like the chain link fence thing then they could core some holes and put in bollard bases with some kind of removable, lockable steel bollard. The guys with sleds could park in those certain locations and rent the locking bollard from the hotel for the night and then the truck and/or trailer isn't going anywhere until the bollard is unlocked and removed so it can be driven out. Hotels make an extra $10 or $20 bucks a night and everyone is happy except for the thieves.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cause bikers are bad ! Lol
Probably wasn't the Chinese

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

bourgon

Reaction score
Sorry to
Hear about that , hopfully you recover both your truck and trailer with your sleds , I will keep a eye out your your unit . I flippin hate thief's . You know how you were put to death by being a horse thief , I think thievery at any magnitude should be that way .
Ah just cut off their hand ! Only steal 2 times then it gets real hard to steal! I read a few years ago Canada has a 104% repeat crime rate not sure how you get 104% but ok! And in singiopre I think it was they cut off your hand if you get cought stealing and their repeat rate was .002% or something like that!

Oilsandsking

Reaction score
Ah just cut off their hand ! Only steal 2 times then it gets real hard to steal! I read a few years ago Canada has a 104% repeat crime rate not sure how you get 104% but ok! And in singiopre I think it was they cut off your hand if you get cought stealing and their repeat rate was .002% or something like that!

That would work perfectly haha

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy there slugger.. He was referring to bike gangs(H.A.)... not the wanna be bad asses...

So why all of a sudden are you trying to blame it on the bikers ? Where did that come from ... Maybe you should choose your words wisely if you know what I mean

Top Bottom