Stolen truck and sleds

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's because we are not as well armed as the yanks.

a friend has a cabin in Montana. He was getting some carpentry work done and the carpenters had an enclosed work trailer full of tools. At night, they would leave it unlocked. He asked them about it and the reply was basically, thieves don't have to worry about the cops because they will be dead before the home owner calls 911.

The difference between Montana and BC is incredible.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lived in Montana for 2 years, only locked the house door twice and that was over summer holidays. Even when we went sledding some of the guys wouldn't even lock their truck door and would leave tools everywhere in the box. Never had one thing stolen....

On a side note best to pretect yourself from getting theft. Lock, alarms, steering wheel clubs, pull fuse, park in good spot...

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
these thefts are getting ridiculous! we had our dealerships hit hard with trucks and wheels and tires stolen these guys will go to any measure to make a quick buck. it's unfortunate to say but a lot of the people you don't expect and trust the most are the guys doing these jobs! The justice system is way to soft we do need to kick it up a notch and actually punish these tools or don't punish the home owner for stringing a thief up. We work Hard for our toys and work hard to go play and then some one whose profession is a douche bag comes in and destroys us its a shame there are people out there like that! definitely need bait trucks with trailers setup. The police in revy are out and cruising I have been stopped and checked numerous times at 2 am getting late night munchies. Kick there ass, shoot em whatever it takes then don't call the cops after ;)

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also hate to say it but as much as we love showing off our rigs on here and talking about future plans and dates and places you are staying on here I think is just leading to a shopping list and guaranteed shopping list for thieves. We noticed our Fancy trucks only went missing after we advertised it somewhere online. There are tons of guest Viewers on here and that's all it takes is Showing a pic of your ride and toys and saying were in revy on these dates and this hotel is just leading to these thefts. it's unfortunate but thieves are trolling these sites.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
also hate to say it but as much as we love showing off our rigs on here and talking about future plans and dates and places you are staying on here I think is just leading to a shopping list and guaranteed shopping list for thieves. We noticed our Fancy trucks only went missing after we advertised it somewhere online. There are tons of guest Viewers on here and that's all it takes is Showing a pic of your ride and toys and saying were in revy on these dates and this hotel is just leading to these thefts. it's unfortunate but thieves are trolling these sites.

you are correct Jared, it is a very sad reality. Once again as you already said we are all proud of our toys, and the work we put into them and want to show them off to the world, but at the same time, there is always the crooked ones out there, making shopping lists from forums, or kijiji, or the truck trader.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You make a very valid point. This could also be used to set up a bait truck.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if anyone is thinking they are going to use a baby monitor, theft prevention device, fuel pump relay, etc, you should probably just do it and not talk about it on the internet, just like what Jared is saying above about flashing your trash all over the WWW.

Walk softly and carry a big stick is what I say. I think there should be far more onus put on the hotels to help out for this, they are constantly swamped with sledders in Revy for at least 5 months of the year, not hard to put up a CCTV system in 4 corners of the parking lot. They can hire a watchman and he can be responsible for watching the TVs on the parking lot at night, if anything goes missing, you know his ass either fell asleep or he's in on it and "looked away" at the precise moment. Minimal amount of cash output is required, I know because my neighbour does this stuff for many of the new hotels around and he set me up with one for our summer place for less than $2K. High def TV cameras can take images that can be used to put faces and license plates on the 6 o clock news and in the local paper.

Lots of talk about the bait truck, have yet to hear about it. As mentioned, there will be some political loop hole or something and the fawkers will get off with time served and be stealing again in 2 days. Something else needs to be done, this is BS and most of the guys I know will drive right through revy to Sic next time so that they can ride and not worry. Register and insure your sleds guys! This will help a huge amount of this issue. Do a CPIC search before buying a sled and we might start having a chance at finding these stolen sleds and where they are going. Will be pretty hard for these guys to sell full sleds when the VIN is red hot in the system. I don't think they are parting them out, only a very limited market for that stuff. Risk is not worth the reward. Lock your sh!t up and make sure you have a camera phone if you catch someone stealing your junk or someone else's.

Start hanging 'em from the gallows and the crime rate will go down probably....

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To hard to sell here border hard container to russia easy lm thinkin get tracking system folks

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if anyone is thinking they are going to use a baby monitor, theft prevention device, fuel pump relay, etc, you should probably just do it and not talk about it on the internet, just like what Jared is saying above about flashing your trash all over the WWW.

Walk softly and carry a big stick is what I say. I think there should be far more onus put on the hotels to help out for this, they are constantly swamped with sledders in Revy for at least 5 months of the year, not hard to put up a CCTV system in 4 corners of the parking lot. They can hire a watchman and he can be responsible for watching the TVs on the parking lot at night, if anything goes missing, you know his ass either fell asleep or he's in on it and "looked away" at the precise moment. Minimal amount of cash output is required, I know because my neighbour does this stuff for many of the new hotels around and he set me up with one for our summer place for less than $2K. High def TV cameras can take images that can be used to put faces and license plates on the 6 o clock news and in the local paper.

Lots of talk about the bait truck, have yet to hear about it. As mentioned, there will be some political loop hole or something and the fawkers will get off with time served and be stealing again in 2 days. Something else needs to be done, this is BS and most of the guys I know will drive right through revy to Sic next time so that they can ride and not worry. Register and insure your sleds guys! This will help a huge amount of this issue. Do a CPIC search before buying a sled and we might start having a chance at finding these stolen sleds and where they are going. Will be pretty hard for these guys to sell full sleds when the VIN is red hot in the system. I don't think they are parting them out, only a very limited market for that stuff. Risk is not worth the reward. Lock your sh!t up and make sure you have a camera phone if you catch someone stealing your junk or someone else's.

Start hanging 'em from the gallows and the crime rate will go down probably....

Guys can keep going, the scum bags will just follow, really fine by me but that is another topic, haha. They come here and Vale because that is where the most sleds are, not rocket science. And again for everyone feeling for the hotel guests it happens to those of us who live here to. Like I have said as well as many others, do everything you can, buy insurance and ride. If we let this consume us they win. It has been happening since the dawn of time and will continue......of course it sucks but.....gonna be like some guys and throw in the towel? Not me I am going riding, you should as well it's sunny.

w3schultz

Reaction score
Many years ago my uncle had problems with theft. Fed up, he put an electric fencer unit to the handle bars and frame. Never had more thefts, don't know why!!

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many years ago my uncle had problems with theft. Fed up, he put an electric fencer unit to the handle bars and frame. Never had more thefts, don't know why!!

If I did that chances are real good I'd be the first guy that got shocked! :doh:

Top Bottom