magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but i dont wanna put ins. on m,y sled now what do i do?:d
i dont need it do i?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Knock on wood, i think there has only been one stolen from mcbride in the last 2 years. Knock on wood.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Bust the antenna off and onstar doesn't work.

I own a 08 GMC Sierra with chipped keys and functioning OnStar.

I have always wondered about the thieves and the tricks they have. I would like to see some more comments on the protection capabilities from OnStar. Is it that easy to disable OnStar just by breaking the antenna?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too would like to know who is buying all these stolen sled and parts. Must be a record this year already. Locks only stop honest thiefs, so if you have it and they want it only thing that stops them is a gun in the face.

Sorry to hear of your luck. Will keep a look out for everyones stolen good, we have a small community and if someone gets something new word travels fast. especially if they got a deal.

Shoot them all dead and let god sort it out
Just sayin......
People have a right to protect their property.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a 08 GMC Sierra with chipped keys and functioning OnStar.

I have always wondered about the thieves and the tricks they have. I would like to see some more comments on the protection capabilities from OnStar. Is it that easy to disable OnStar just by breaking the antenna?

yes.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something as easy as pulling out a few fuses will stop them in their tracks.

or buy a duramax and be that much further ahead

thieves only steal what they can sell later, cheys are safe:beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it is a deterent anyway.

only to the amateures, pros will have no problem. no onstar without the antenna, ignition is easily bypassed as are most alarms. but it does help some. heard of lots leaving GP. motels at night.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you would think someone could set up a security company in revelstoke and get a contract with the hotels to have someone sit in there parking lots each night.. or they all put up gates and lock them, so as you have to show proof of ownership to the front desk to leave (like best western in valemount).. but iv heard of trucks/trailers being stolen even at hotels with security guards circling the premises :(

i lock it all up and fully insure everything, ill be devastated if anyone ever takes my stuff

doo rider

Reaction score
Started staying at peaks like the locked compound for sleds and nice to be able to drop trailer to go to town

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you would think someone could set up a security company in revelstoke and get a contract with the hotels to have someone sit in there parking lots each night.. or they all put up gates and lock them, so as you have to show proof of ownership to the front desk to leave (like best western in valemount).. but iv heard of trucks/trailers being stolen even at hotels with security guards circling the premises :(

i lock it all up and fully insure everything, ill be devastated if anyone ever takes my stuff

My theory is this, theives are not showing up to parking lots with balaclavas on and carrying bolt cutters, grinders and slim jims. They look and act just like you and me, how many times do your think someone has seen someone unloading a sled or unhooking a trailer in a hotel parking lot and not thought twice? Best Western is probably as safe as it gets box it in cameras everywhere and you have to show proof if you want to leave at late hours perfect. Its all about deterrent make your stuff harder to steal than the next guy.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Travelling to the Schuswaps on Christmas Day we rolled through revy around 3 am. Actually got pulled over on the west side of the river. Cops wanted our papers. They are checking when they can. Also why dont they set up a bait truck and trailer like they do for car theives in big cities. Also an easy way to track your own rig is use a spottracker mounted somewhere and put it onto track at night when parked. Might just lead the cops right to a major chop shop.

Top Bottom