Another stolen truck, trailer, and sleds in Revy last night

bigbull

Reaction score
Website
www.bigbullinc.com
Eating breakfast with some guys got their truck stolen last night from the Monashee parking lot here in Revy. An 06 Ford Harley Davidson model with trailer and a new skidoo etec and mod sled. FAWCKING thrives should have their arms cut off.
BB

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW that sucks aZZ!

..... and it also dont help when there are those fkn morons out there that buy the hot Chit that fuels these fkn theives to continue doing so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know how many of the trucks that are stolen are Ford's? What are the percentage for each brand, what is easier to steal. Obviously the Ford's seem to be the hot ticket item. We all need to start installing the GPS trackers on our machines and trucks.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
This was in our local paper recently. They are all Fords, 2 didn`t involve sleds and 2 were trailers and sleds only.

Theft Prevention Tips
Park your vehicles in a well-lit area - Thieves don’t like to be spotted, so park in an area with good visibility and lots of pedestrian traffic.

Disable your tow vehicle at night! ~ Remove a battery terminal, coil, distributer cap, etc.

Invest in anti-theft devices ~ These are available for both your tow vehicle, your trailer and your snowmobile.

Securely lock all of your equipment! ~ Lock your trailer to your tow vehicle or to something secure.

Mark Your sleds with an identification number ~ Engrave your driver’s license in a conspicuous place.

Record all identifying info on your equipment ~ This includes your sleds, truck and trailer. Keep this information seperate from your machine.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always pull the breakaway cord on my trailer.
Locks the breaks... they won't get far.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I always pull the breakaway cord on my trailer.
Locks the breaks... they won't get far.

Uhmmm, sorry to burst your bubble, but first off, they 'seldom' lock the brakes, secondly they run off a small battery on the trailer, that will be dead in about 7 minutes, so by time you walk away from the trailer, wheels are rolling again...

Do this enough, and it kills the battery on the trailer so if your trailer ever does 'break-away' it wont work...

Not a great idea...

highmark x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was my buddies truck,trailer and mod sled. This is getting stupid, with the amount of theifts that occur in revy you would think that the hotels would put up survailence camara's, or lock the parking lots since sledders bring alot of money to the community.:rant::realmad:

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was my buddies truck,trailer and mod sled. This is getting stupid, with the amount of theifts that occur in revy you would think that the hotels would put up survailence camara's, or lock the parking lots since sledders bring alot of money to the community.:rant::realmad:

Days inn has cameras, and the monashee has a very small lot, so i'm guessing your buddies were probably parked on the street and possibly down a bit?

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im always racking my brain to figure out how i could live in one of these snowmobile towns and still make a living ,private security, how many people would pay by the night to have there trucks and trailers watched ,and how much would you pay? :beer:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Just pull the fuel pump fuse,,,,its not hard!!!
Sorry for what happened,,,hope insurance helps them out!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about that. never cool

sandman has security watching their parking lots. Ford pickups are the most common stolen due to how easy it is. i wonder if they will sell "the boot" to public. i guess if a thief wants it, they are gonna take it some way or another. pulling fuses is a good choice too.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried the wheel boots you can get. I have one for my boat when it is in the driveway and not loked up in the shop. On the sea cans at work we put a shield over a pad lock so the bolt cutters won't fit. Have not been robbed yet. Tire boots are under $200. :twocents:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The tow vehicles with trailers which are stolen, and that are less than 10 years old, are almost always fords..... As the '00 to '07 ford superduties never had chipped keys.....dodges and chevs/gm's doo. Only real time a dodge or chev can be stolen is if they left a key in the ignition.

The superduty doors can be broken into in seconds(unless they have the special aftermarket theft prevention plates installed behind the door handles), and then mere seconds again to break out the ignition tumbler so as a screwdriver can be used to unlock the steering lock and start the vehicle and drive away.......... Just sayin

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tow vehicles with trailers which are stolen, and that are less than 10 years old, are almost always fords..... As the '00 to '07 ford superduties never had chipped keys.....dodges and chevs/gm's doo. Only real time a dodge or chev can be stolen is if they left a key in the ignition.

The superduty doors can be broken into in seconds(unless they have the special aftermarket theft prevention plates installed behind the door handles), and then mere seconds again to break out the ignition tumbler so as a screwdriver can be used to unlock the steering lock and start the vehicle and drive away.......... Just sayin

yup those friggin idiots know whats easiest to steal

Top Bottom