Adoption

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just so we are clear i DID ask for OPINIONS lol. And i dont think anyone need be judged on this subject. We all have a different take on life, thats what makes us us. So my wife and i have decided to search out my birth parents. I was talking with my mom and dad about this and they are very much in support of it(makes things much easier) and mom cracks open a box of keep sakes and adoption file info. This stuff was never hidden from me i had just never shown an interest(makes sense)Infact years ago the government was opening all adoption records to anyone who had an interest and at the time i chose to veto that action and keep my files sealed. Anywho within the contents of this box i find that my mother was 19,single, had given me a name at birth and had made me a blanket and given me a stuffed bear. I was born in edmonton, adopted in edmonton, what do you think the chances are my birth family is still with in edmonton???? Crazy subject, very cool yet somewhat overwhelming :cool::beer:

lander800

Reaction score
My wife and I have done the private adoption route and have completed the required courses and paper work and basically have been approved. It can be tough on all sides of the process whether it be the adoptive parents, birth parents or the child being adopted. We have learnt a lot and have had some ups and downs, like getting a call to adopt and driving 9.5 hrs to High Level and the birth mother changing her mind later that day. That was a year ago and we also got choosen again this year and are just waiting, so everything happens for a reason and we are hoping this time it will work out. All the kids out there need a good family and a good life and if people can help out by going thru the adoption process and give a child a good home and life and be open with where they came from I think is the best thing. :)

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats almost my life story, DeanO670 !! My Mom and Dad were the same way. It was about 5 months from start to finish, in finding them - I did it thru "Parent Finders", I believe they were in Edmonton. It was really hard on mom after the "connection" with the birth family. Worry I think that they would be back-burnered. Worried the "new" family was going to be the "real" parents and grandparents. BUT I reassured them that they were STUCK with me for life. AND they choose me too and there was no back-out ever !!!

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Just so we are clear i DID ask for OPINIONS lol. And i dont think anyone need be judged on this subject. We all have a different take on life, thats what makes us us. So my wife and i have decided to search out my birth parents. I was talking with my mom and dad about this and they are very much in support of it(makes things much easier) and mom cracks open a box of keep sakes and adoption file info. This stuff was never hidden from me i had just never shown an interest(makes sense)Infact years ago the government was opening all adoption records to anyone who had an interest and at the time i chose to veto that action and keep my files sealed. Anywho within the contents of this box i find that my mother was 19,single, had given me a name at birth and had made me a blanket and given me a stuffed bear. I was born in edmonton, adopted in edmonton, what do you think the chances are my birth family is still with in edmonton???? Crazy subject, very cool yet somewhat overwhelming :cool::beer:

My life is (only as I see it) complete, full of the peeps I love, my family and friends. I'm, as stated "very lucky"...not too sure I want to phuck with that. You cannot un-meet someone...if things were different maybe I'd feel different...but for now I'm happy and thankful with what I have.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
My wife and I have done the private adoption route and have completed the required courses and paper work and basically have been approved. It can be tough on all sides of the process whether it be the adoptive parents, birth parents or the child being adopted. We have learnt a lot and have had some ups and downs, like getting a call to adopt and driving 9.5 hrs to High Level and the birth mother changing her mind later that day. That was a year ago and we also got choosen again this year and are just waiting, so everything happens for a reason and we are hoping this time it will work out. All the kids out there need a good family and a good life and if people can help out by going thru the adoption process and give a child a good home and life and be open with where they came from I think is the best thing. :)

Good on you two :beer:

Top Bottom