Track Ratcheting

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update , rode last week in some drier snow and no issues to report, seems it was the wet heavy snow. After reading this thread I definitely believe if it was after market drivers it likely wouldn’t of happened at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Track ratchets what else is new…

Typically does this in heavier snow or revy stuff.

Tigher track to 5/8” sag with 10lbs hanging off the bottom. You will reduce this problem by 90%

What really inflates the problem is a center shock setup really softly, typically over 70km track speeds it will start to collapse the shock and loosens the track even more

175 users this is a really problem with track stretch

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not an uncommon thing. New sled, new track. Track stretches, track skips tighten track. Carry on.

Ya seems like this is rocket science to some people? lol….. happens with every long track mountain sled. After the first couple tighten ups from new it should be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any sort of feedback/consensus on the best solution for this? Having to run my track excessively tight these days.
Drivers? Powder freak vs. Avid? Fully clipping the track? Seems like a lot of work.
There a part number for the '25 stock drivers, but sounds like they won't be available for quite some time.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any sort of feedback/consensus on the best solution for this? Having to run my track excessively tight these days.
Drivers? Powder freak vs. Avid? Fully clipping the track? Seems like a lot of work.
There a part number for the '25 stock drivers, but sounds like they won't be available for quite some time.

Avid drivers or something similar.

The problem is the stock drivers on the extroverts are built to short. So when track speed goes up, it ballon’s. That said it sometimes pulls up enough off the extrovert lugs thst basically you have reduced contact by 30-50%.

Avid drivers are taller in the extrovert and basically neglect this problem.

Past that you can go up 1 tooth size, but then the driver shaft hands below the bellypan/skid plate. Not ideal but will work.

Top Bottom