Accidentally drank some doolaid

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And now i have a 2014 xm on the way, so my question is what are the must doo's to this machine now that you guys have had a season on the snow, its my first doo so enlighten me, What can works the best etc?

Thanks Shawn

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say loosen the suspension off, almost till the springs are loose on the threads. Then do the same with the limiter strap so the ski pressure goes down.

Hardly hurts climbing ability but allows for the skis to be in the air more often.. a lot more fun IMO

xmsummit154

Reaction score
I put on the Thing Cooker from the sled shed in revelestoke Sounds awesome plus warm food for the trail Works good no codes. Dont bother with Jury can they dont need one. Have put on over 100 miles on half a tank of fuel. Put on seat bag also and its really handy.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like maxwell said on the cans, scratchers, oil tank insert. They were mentioned. I'm a fan of quick clickers.
I really like the extra storage bag for the seat, works awsome. That new goggle bag for 2014 looks awsome. Jerry can well its your choice really I don't have one, but the 100 miles on 20l is something I've never seen. 50 miles on 20l yep you bet.
As with any accs or aftermarket part it's personal preference IMO.

The tools location that doo gave us IMO sucks, I didn't like the tools mounted in the clutch cover, and the thought of them getting in my clutches if they fell out. I got a old tool holder and added my tools.
ga5edade.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
X2 for TheThing can with an enclosed cooker. We have it on 2 machines. It is not obnoxiously loud but a nice tone at WOT. No codes nor hick-ups from it. I have a home-made screen kit on one sled and just screen in the front on the other. Scratchers are a must, as is a skid plate. The LinQ bag or jerry can is a good accessory also. No need to use extra vents, IMHO.

Mostly, just add a can to get rid of the heavy suitcase, gas and oil and ride, ride, ride!

I almost forgot. You should have a glass of DooLaid before the first ride it will help with the ear to ear grin.

Last edited:

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First things first. Grip n Rip braces and a skid plate. Then a clutch kit if you plan to ride lower elevations.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the scratchers come stock with a snow check?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What is the oil tank insert?

Chris from Teth-Air sells them and a few others. It is a sleeve to keep the oil spout round. I first heard about them with the '08 as they would tend to leak oil when we tipped them over. Hasn't been a problem since 2010 but I guess some people still believe they are necessary. Go figure....:)

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What he said.
I run one. I find it keeps the cap from over-tightening.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have :
Oil tank inserts
Quick Clickers
Skid plates
Scratchers
Vent prefilters
HPS Cans
RSI Goggle bags on the clutch covers
Enzo revalve and stiffer springs on shocks.
Linq Jerry

Top Bottom