163" 3" without drop N roll

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a life man. just because i told the guy my honest reveiw and you dont agree doesnt mean you have to listen and make stupid comments. my shop is not a business. i build ( used to build ) sleds for relatives and friends. now the factory sleds are so good why bother. im done with the modifying game thanks to the manufacturers. 3" tracks are not working for me or anyone i know. whether i built it or not. but thats great that yours is. i guess you have never noticed that opinions vary from one person to another and perhaps neither is incorrect. take it or leave it. its just my input.

Read post #21 that you have did 15 of them out of your shop and they all must be faucked? Your milk must be cold and making you cranky? lol What some are saying is that they work when geared and clutched correctly.
The fellow has asked if a 163 x 3 works without extended case?? Answer is yes!! Correct??
I agree that the 2.5 is a far better track for all around but when the snow is waste deep and if the 3 inch is set correctly there is a difference.
I have had both and going back to 2.5 x 174 as IMO it is a better all around track. Haven't had any troubles with 3 but don't like the vibration or the trail manners.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
But you did yours on an xp........ We have done ours on an XM... Which is why we were sharing lol

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a 3" inch sitting in shop off of old 1000 which it definately made a huge difference on. I' ll put it on xm and see if it helps. I have drivers and all to put it on. I have a hunch it will climb better. On rt it was no comparison. And it only made 48 mph track speed. But I'm not a big believer of track speed unless you going from 48 to 68 mph. A couple mph don't mean squat!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a 3" inch sitting in shop off of old 1000 which it definately made a huge difference on. I' ll put it on xm and see if it helps. I have drivers and all to put it on. I have a hunch it will climb better. On rt it was no comparison. And it only made 48 mph track speed. But I'm not a big believer of track speed unless you going from 48 to 68 mph. A couple mph don't mean squat!!

no one is arguing the 3" "HELPS" but does it 3000$ help once you are said and done with the track, drivers, gearing, clutching and replaced the track once or twice because they dont last.

if i had money to burn absolutely all my sleds would have it. but for people that are looking for bang for your buck i dont think the 3" is a good mod per $ spent is all.

Top Bottom