Xmass present for wife

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I bought an electric starter kit for the wife’s 2003 Summit and wanted to give it to her as a x-mass present. See, I thought this would be a really thoughtful gift as I know she has a little trouble pulling the rope (all kinds of bad stuff comes out of here mouth actually when she does it). So, I thought I was being really nice right?

Well go figure, she does not think this is thoughtful and helpful at **ALL**. This is a totally in-appropriate XMAS gift. Her rationale is she does not need this, that is what I am for, and this is really something to help me - not her. She wants me to go out and buy something completely useless for her. When I asked her how much money she wants me to spend this Xmass, she asked me how much I spent on the electric start kit. Well six hundred and change?? :eek:.....what was I thinking :confused:, I should go and return this right now as it does not affect her and is not needed in any way.

Who doesn't see the logic in trying to help her out besides me? :D:D:D

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would just suprise her and install it and not tell her. a day on the trail she will for see how nice of a gift it actually was just what i think man good luck with that just my :twocents:

.08rider

Reaction score
she is just being selfish summit,get her nothing at all!! I supose she wouldn't like if you bought her a new vaccuum either,Right!!
SELFISH!!

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally see your logic there 2003Summit but unfortunately women ALWAYS need to find that one maybe even half a dozen things to complain about. For example... i been trying for 3 yrs now to get my wife interested in sledding and even want to get her a sled. The answer i get every time is NO. Want to get her a quad so she could have more fun riding. The same answer....NO. So all i can say is good luck finding that xmas gift that will make her eyes sparkle like the north star....

albertagal500

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK this is how it works, if you love her put it in and go and buy her something that she can show her friends and say how much you love her. You know get her a nice ring or neckless just spend money on her. Thing to clean the house are not good gifts unless she has asked for it.

By the way having you pull start the sled just shows her that you care about her, by putting in the starter you are just telling her that you would reather not help her, or you see it as a pain in the a$$. But make sure you put it in because if you don't she will bitch about it when you get out on the hills.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I totally see your logic there 2003Summit but unfortunately women ALWAYS need to find that one maybe even half a dozen things to complain about. For example... i been trying for 3 yrs now to get my wife interested in sledding and even want to get her a sled. The answer i get every time is NO. Want to get her a quad so she could have more fun riding. The same answer....NO. So all i can say is good luck finding that xmas gift that will make her eyes sparkle like the north star....

Sorry for yer luck ! 'crazy_wheeler'..... :hmm: :dunno: :confused:

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I bought an electric starter kit for the wife’s 2003 Summit and wanted to give it to her as a x-mass present. See, I thought this would be a really thoughtful gift as I know she has a little trouble pulling the rope (all kinds of bad stuff comes out of here mouth actually when she does it). So, I thought I was being really nice right?

Well go figure, she does not think this is thoughtful and helpful at **ALL**. This is a totally in-appropriate XMAS gift. Her rationale is she does not need this, that is what I am for, and this is really something to help me - not her. She wants me to go out and buy something completely useless for her. When I asked her how much money she wants me to spend this Xmass, she asked me how much I spent on the electric start kit. Well six hundred and change?? :eek:.....what was I thinking :confused:, I should go and return this right now as it does not affect her and is not needed in any way.

You should keep the e-start and return the wife...???:D

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow sorry to gear that as I am on the other end of the scale...Last year for Christmas I got my girl a helmet and she loved it so much she wore it to bed the first night... for her birthday this year I got her a nice set of earings and a chain and she waited a month then told me she didnt like the stuff asked me to retun it and take her out for a ride on the Dirt Bikes and dinner some where nice...

Keep the E-start put it in she will love it and like Albertagal said get her something to show off...

BIGFOOT

Reaction score

Careful..... One more push and you may fall over !! ;) :D :) Install the electric start & put another order in with Santa !

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In September my wife announced she would like to try sledden this year after I pulled myself up from the floor (fell over from shock) I said sure that sounds great!!!! All the time thinking this could mean a new sled in the future:confused: better not get ahead of myself. My son will be in Brazil for most of the winter months so she can drive his sled (which is mine) and see how she likes it, like I say if this works out I can see some new iron in the future.:)

Billy Boy:cool:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Me, I'm lucky like shifty, my wife doesn't care for the "BLING" things. She's happy with a new TV, a helmet, a weekend alone in Canmore, a quite walk in the park.....
Not to say there aren't things that bling that she likes, but for the most part she's easy to buy for.
Sorry to hear your being pushed into a corner over an electric start. Good luck on resolving it.

Wow sorry to gear that as I am on the other end of the scale...Last year for Christmas I got my girl a helmet and she loved it so much she wore it to bed the first night... for her birthday this year I got her a nice set of earings and a chain and she waited a month then told me she didnt like the stuff asked me to retun it and take her out for a ride on the Dirt Bikes and dinner some where nice...

Keep the E-start put it in she will love it and like Albertagal said get her something to show off...

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
You should keep the e-start and return the wife...???:D

Thank you for the advice I have one wife and will trade for a tractor of same condition ( sh!! the wife doesn't work and is old)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'm in, here is my bid...I might even throw in a case of beer (six pack that is) to sweeten it.

Thank you for the advice I have one wife and will trade for a tractor of same condition ( sh!! the wife doesn't work and is old)

Attachments

• 47B42.jpg
    47B42.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 93

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man im SORRY to here that so many of you have got such umm well situations we'll call them.:(

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, when i came across the deal on my fusion, which was one i could not say no too, lets just says she didn't feel the same excitment that i did. really the sled was because i wanted 1 short track (and its a 900) and to keep my summit 800. so for some reason i told her that i was buying it for her so we could go riding, why, don't know. ehh, wrong answer.

do you know what a women with access to a sled wants????

TO GO SHOPPING FOR ALL MATCHING GEAR!!!

do you know what the people at the store saw???

DOLLAR SIGNS!!!!!!!!

get my drift, a pretty young lady who wants to match from boots to helmut equals a hefty bill. and for what, she's not really going to go when its cold??
do you know what the best part is, whenever she meets someone or a friend that snowmobiles, she asks what they ride, and she always replys, oh i have a 900. even put pictures of MY sled bragging about how it is her 900.
but i pray that she'll like it so i can buy her her own and have mine back!!!
or she can give me 125% of what i paid for it ....is that wrong!!!!LOL:)

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow! I had to draw the line,Reverse or Electric start.She chose reverse1LOL!
catmando!

Top Bottom