xm or sp. What are you paying?

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do people sleep better at night knowing they paid a couple hundred dollars less driving to a different town across the province? I've never understood the point of these threads... "What you paid" meaning its already done... Are you trying to brag? I don't get it lol. It just stirs the pot. People throw up prices with tax, without tax... With rebates, without rebates.. With frt and pdi and without frt and pdi. But they will say all in! It's like some people get a rise out of telling other people they paid less! IMHO

Same guy that tells his non slediing buddies he paid 20000 G's

schiermnultra

Reaction score
I guess some of those dealerships cost a lot to heat. When I called around to dealers in my area, I found a 2000 dollar spread in the out the door price. I was blown away what some people could tell me they wanted for the sled with a straight face.

people that usually shop over the phone are tire kickers and so the dealers give tire kickers, tire kicker prices over the phone.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess some of those dealerships cost a lot to heat. When I called around to dealers in my area, I found a 2000 dollar spread in the out the door price. I was blown away what some people could tell me they wanted for the sled with a straight face.

Exact same thing I found. I found about a $1500 difference. I called 5 different places. First was my local dealer, second wassupposed to be a "special....just for me" deal, third was a dealership I have bought quite a few sleds from, fourth a random call to a dealer mentioned on this site alot, the last to a buddies brother in law who has a dealership. Pricing went from most to least expensive in the order I listed them.

The whole, come in and sit down and then we will talk real prices thing REALLY pisses me off. Run in to the same thing when Im buying vehicles. No, I want exactly what I want, and whoever can give the best price wins.....simple as that. If you want to pay a little more to support your local dealer good on you, but dont whine at the guy that spent 20 minutes on the phone and saved himself 2k. To each thier own.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be because that hole in the wall dealer 300 miles away doesn't have a 50000 sf shop to heat. It's called overhead

I'm paying for a sled, not natural gas to heat someones shop.
now if the dealer with the crazy overhead has better service and has taken care of me in the past, absolutely, paying a little more for that piece of mind is worth it. IMO

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now if the dealer with the crazy overhead has better service and has taken care of me in the past, absolutely, paying a little more for that piece of mind is worth it. IMO

I agree 100%. I have snowchecked from a few dealers in the past. When i make my decision of who to order through in the spring it comes down to who gave me the best service throughout the year. I work all over and my sled comes with me because you never know where i may end up, haha which means you never know where i am gonna be when i wreck something and need parts.
My decision this spring was simple for me. I have never before this year purchased a sled from them, but when i called and needed parts they were on my door step that day or the next morning, (and they were the correct ones everytime).
To be perfectly honest I dont even know what my price is for my next sled and i dont care what anyone else is charging. I know i will get good service and piece of mind.....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No ch!t. It's also called convenience. I enjoy that. You ladies obviously have way more time than me to be able to drive ten million miles for a sled. To each there own. The dealer I use is convenient, treats me great, and has all the bells and whistles. And I pay more for my sled there. Totally worth it for me.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
people that usually shop over the phone are tire kickers and so the dealers give tire kickers, tire kicker prices over the phone.

That sounds like a good way to lose a lot of sales. when i bought my Pro last year i was switching brands and had no bias to dealer, but i knew exactly what i wanted, so i called all the dealers within a reasonable distance and bought from the cheapest one.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I guess that is a good practice, if you are trying to ensure I never give you any business????

That sounds like a good way to lose a lot of sales. when i bought my Pro last year i was switching brands and had no bias to dealer, but i knew exactly what i wanted, so i called all the dealers within a reasonable distance and bought from the cheapest one.

Exactly what I went through. I moved, and switched brands. So just because I want to save myself some fuel and some time, I am not a serious buyer?

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do people sleep better at night knowing they paid a couple hundred dollars less driving to a different town across the province? I've never understood the point of these threads... "What you paid" meaning its already done... Are you trying to brag? I don't get it lol. It just stirs the pot. People throw up prices with tax, without tax... With rebates, without rebates.. With frt and pdi and without frt and pdi. But they will say all in! It's like some people get a rise out of telling other people they paid less! IMHO

Well, the question was...what are people paying?....if it's no big deal to you, then simply post your "out the door" prices....

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No ch!t. It's also called convenience. I enjoy that. You ladies obviously have way more time than me to be able to drive ten million miles for a sled. To each there own. The dealer I use is convenient, treats me great, and has all the bells and whistles. And I pay more for my sled there. Totally worth it for me.

Are you sayin Martins are the most expensive???

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not his job to post his prices all over the internet. Its your job to make the call if you are interested in buying one. Isn't it?

Kind of condradictory of you and others....the original question was..."waht are you paying out the door?"

a few posts saying that a dealer won't give a "real" price over the phone, and then another post from a dealer stating " pricing is no big deal" - why brag of the price you got?"

Then other posts (on another thread) where a few dealers state "how little they make" on a sled....(which I do believe)

If you refuse to state your prices, then don't post on a thread stating how stupid the idea is....that is asking for what guys paid. I for one am interrested in what guys are paying / have paid / who gives the best deals, etc.....

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of condradictory of you and others....the original question was..."waht are you paying out the door?"

a few posts saying that a dealer won't give a "real" price over the phone, and then another post from a dealer stating " pricing is no big deal" - why brag of the price you got?"

Then other posts (on another thread) where a few dealers state "how little they make" on a sled....(which I do believe)

If you refuse to state your prices, then don't post on a thread stating how stupid the idea is....that is asking for what guys paid. I for one am interrested in what guys are paying / have paid / who gives the best deals, etc.....

excellent rebuttal !

go green

Reaction score
163 summit X $14,500ish out the door , and that comes with a tarp and a fuel tote from Ecko Marine. Everyone was $200 cheaper but had no tarp or fuel tote ,that made up the difference .

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
excellent rebuttal !

Not really. At all. Way to many factors in buying a sled to even compare an out the door pice from anywhere. If there was one ski doo Mart that we all purchased from and that's it then we could talk about out the door prices. Until then this is the most retarded thread to date. And now that linksys is here with his ultimate wisdom it should put this nonsense to an end pretty quick. What are you guys paying for your cereal? I paid more at save Ons the other day but it came with a toy!! Oh and superstore was cheaper but I had to drive across town and the dicks made me load it up myself!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really. At all. Way to many factors in buying a sled to even compare an out the door pice from anywhere. If there was one ski doo Mart that we all purchased from and that's it then we could talk about out the door prices. Until then this is the most retarded thread to date. And now that linksys is here with his ultimate wisdom it should put this nonsense to an end pretty quick. What are you guys paying for your cereal? I paid more at save Ons the other day but it came with a toy!! Oh and superstore was cheaper but I had to drive across town and the dicks made me load it up myself!

I have to disagree. A sled is a sled. Its pretty black and white. A price on a 2013 XM 163 pull start SP can be compared across the board regardless of where you are buying it. OTD price reflects whether the dealer is charging frieght and PDI or eating it, charging full MSRP or discounting. If they are throwing extra stuff in like a cover, belt, and/or oil.....you take that off the top. So yes you can look at the value of a sled pretty objectively.

As for buying locally..........if you are happy paying a bit more for the service that you are happy with, awesome. Sounds like a great relationship and there is nothing wrong with that. If guys are driving half way across the province to save a few hundred bucks, then yeah that is pretty dumb. I would definitely support my local dealer if that were the case. But take away all the sales pitches and BS, and there are some pretty big price differences some times. There was actually $2500 difference between buying at my local dealer and the cheapest place I found. (although that includes paying HST vs GST as well so 1600-1700 difference if looking apples to apples) My loyalty is for sale and it definitely costs less than $2500!

All this, and I am probably not going to buy this year. Damn tire kickers. :nono:

At least I know where Im going when I do buy.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

come on Maxwell, for a lot of guys a $12-$15000 purchase is a very serious proposition, that often requires many months of saving and planning. Of course they're gonna want to get the best deal they can. Comparing this to any other daily purchase is nonsense. This thread was started to compare "apples" to "apples". so if one dealer is selling for 14700 OTD and I paid $15300 OTD and both dealers have decent service and are 10 minutes apart, Who wouldnt save that $600 to put towards gear,fuel,belts etc?

as for linksys' post, what part of anything he said wasn't logical or fact based? ( post about contradiction )

Last edited:

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's my whole point. Define best deal. It's not the otd price. Unless it is a 2g gap like some say.

It's not a $2000 spread accross the city, but there honestly is a $750 spread. Which for one is alot of money, to make a 10 minute drive.

Sure some dealers have great facility's, and have larger inventory of parts, and accessories. But this honestly shouldn't make a $750 difference. I could see a +\- $100. But I guess that's how it goes!

Honestly the next sled I buy I will be shopping around for all over Alberta, and if it so happens its $500 less than local, I will definitely buy local. If its more cost savings I have no problem driving a couple hours away, and make a holiday/getaway out of it! My times worth something, but it's not worth $250/hr!

Parts, and gear I will continue to support local.

Last edited:
Top Bottom