XM mountain bars

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im tired of having my bladder poked by the mountain bar handle on my XM. Ive seen posts where guys heat them up and bend them forward... kinda chingy changy IMO.

any suggestions for a new bar setup?

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did some internetting...

Im liking bars/risers from CFR...

Im a short rider, 5'8. Ive seen some guys running hardly any riser and some that like tall bars.. Im thinking I would prefer lower bars so Im not stretching so much, but I dont want to be bent over all day riding doggy style. lol

anyone have input in regards to straight bars??

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the BRP adjustable riser. You can run it high so you're not doubled over on the trail and then drop it down so you have control boondocking. I think I was one of the first to bend the mountain bar and I had a lot of people tell me that it will fatigue and break. Going into season 3 with no issues though and I'm not gentle on it when I'm stuck.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the BRP adjustable riser. You can run it high so you're not doubled over on the trail and then drop it down so you have control boondocking. I think I was one of the first to bend the mountain bar and I had a lot of people tell me that it will fatigue and break. Going into season 3 with no issues though and I'm not gentle on it when I'm stuck.
I bent my stocker too, gave it a tweet back and same, 3 years on it still

Was worried at first about it giving, but not so much now

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im tired of having my bladder poked by the mountain bar handle on my XM. Ive seen posts where guys heat them up and bend them forward... kinda chingy changy IMO.

any suggestions for a new bar setup?

I have my mountain bar turned around so it points forward instead. Works well for me so you don't smack into it all the time. Upper bar clamps/mountain bar mounts are not directional specific.

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did some internetting...

Im liking bars/risers from CFR...

Im a short rider, 5'8. Ive seen some guys running hardly any riser and some that like tall bars.. Im thinking I would prefer lower bars so Im not stretching so much, but I dont want to be bent over all day riding doggy style. lol

anyone have input in regards to straight bars??

I use a set of Treadways with a 6" riser on my summit. Like this set up so far, maybe should of went an inch shorter and stuck with factory height but I'm happy at 6.0'. I'm at 9" total rise right now and factory is 8" rise. You could try a flat bar which is about a 2.5" drop and if you don't like go up an inch in your riser size after.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditched the mountain bar and stock riser for a set of 4" rsi, 1" lower then stock I am 5'11". Have ditched the mountain bar on ever sled I've owned, guts, ribs and nuts have all thanked me

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For your height the cfr 2.0's and a 4 inch riser would probably work well. I'm 6' and run those bars with an adjustable riser in lowest position (4.5")

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running the straight no rise cheetah bars with factory x pack riser. Looks nice and clean no hiding wires in bar pad. And I'm 2 inch shorter with no mountain strap. Works wicked

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been strapless since 08 with motocross bars. I won't be going back to stock anytime.

this is a set of renthals with a 8"rsi riser. I am 6'2" ish

image.jpg

image.jpg

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a mountain bar and riser bar clips from a summit X they want to sell?

Top Bottom