2022 Freeride Turbo - Overheating Issue

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
Was out on the weekend at Hunters Range. Trail conditions were very packed on the way up and the 850T was heating up a lot to where the dummy light came on. My sled is bone stock was wondering if the gents that have a mountain can on them have the same issue as that would seem to get rid of a lot of heat under the hood with that giant heat trap of a can. Also seen some guys running extra scratchers but that didn't seem to be helping either. Did the stop and spin the track on the side into the snow but the conditions down low we so hard that was near impossible to get and snow flung up for cooling. Anyone else have any other suggestions?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assume you are using the flap. Not much will help on melt freeze trails. Make sure your coolant is full

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out on the weekend at Hunters Range. Trail conditions were very packed on the way up and the 850T was heating up a lot to where the dummy light came on. My sled is bone stock was wondering if the gents that have a mountain can on them have the same issue as that would seem to get rid of a lot of heat under the hood with that giant heat trap of a can. Also seen some guys running extra scratchers but that didn't seem to be helping either. Did the stop and spin the track on the side into the snow but the conditions down low we so hard that was near impossible to get and snow flung up for cooling. Anyone else have any other suggestions?
Use ski scratchers. Also upgrade to Ibexx titanium rail scratchers and use the snow flap.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing you can do but try the removable snowflap. Nothing will help on those icy trails except that. The factory scratchers kick up enough snow but it just ejects out the end of the sled without the flap

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sometimes have to ride in shitty conditions like you describe. me and a buddy both have '22 freeride turbo 165's and have to run with the factory scratchers down in addition to tunnel mount scratchers and the flap. the flap can get sucked into the track so what i do is after installing it, push together the two rubber "arms" that attach to the bumper and wrap a bungee around them to keep them squeezed together. this raises the flap out of the way and has worked well even on really whooped out trails.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes it is a problem and as the weather gets warmer and the lower crust gets thicker isn't easy to chainsaw the track. I always use the flap and have added a piece to make it longer. It helps in most conditions but there have been times when the temperature creeps up there. Sure have to be aware and ride with the gauge in "engine temp mode". You don't need BRP refusing warranty because of too many engine overheats.

IMG_6996.jpeg

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how much you were pushing on the power paddle. I had the same issue last weekend on what I thought was a reasonable trail and found if I kept it to 45-50kph and stayed out of the pipe?boost it ran much much cooler.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its slow but around 5000-5400 rpm the raves are closed no? less power less heat....

Top Bottom