Xm burns up

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As of the end of November, Polaris had 70 confirmed failures.
Post 38 https://www.snowandmud.com/polaris-pro-ride-450/driveshaft-bulletin-72617-4.html
Read on, the number goes up. And this is of reported #'s 2 months ago. I know that number is higher as not everyone reported their failures, some fixed themselves with '12 shafts before Poo quit selling driveshafts. Not to mention those that did the drill and rivet trick that Poo didn't warranty.
So even if it isn't hundreds, it's definetly more than a few.
As far as engines, I know of 8. That's several in my book.

I do believe poo did warranty all shaft failures, screws, rivets or otherwise...

Korey

Reaction score
Well to start with you said the break in of the belt issue is due to improper break-in procedures. Wrong! Plenty of documented cases where even dealers have broke them in for customer's and they still fail. There is a flaw in their design which the adding of a tensioner like the one fellow has developed will likely help aid the problem IMO as C3 seems to have little to no issues.

The CF structure IS also an issue as some sleds were sent out with holes drilled in the CF tubes for wiring harness securement points. Another fail.

And several low mileage engine failures. I've only heard of 1 or 2 '13 E-tec's that have failed in stock form.
And this is all on the '13 models only.

So maybe a handful E-tec's that have caught fire with a permanent fix released production line wide within 2 months. Compared to HUNDREDS of shaft failures with a band-aid fix the only option, and all the other issues that have been brought to light on the net alone, nevermind the 100's of owners that don't post on the web, I'd still rather drink Doolaide than Poojuice.

I doo believe the issues with the c.f. overstrucer where not from factory it was the dealers putting them together that drilled the holes in the c.f not knowing any better. Polaris sent out a bulletin to all dealers telling them not to do that if I'm not mistaken

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doo believe the issues with the c.f. overstrucer where not from factory it was the dealers putting them together that drilled the holes in the c.f not knowing any better. Polaris sent out a bulletin to all dealers telling them not to do that if I'm not mistaken

You could be right. I had heard of a few guys drilling and mounting goggle cases there or something. Never did hear if all the other holes in question were from dealers or factory. None of my buddies sleds has the holes.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could be right. I had heard of a few guys drilling and mounting goggle cases there or something. Never did hear if all the other holes in question were from dealers or factory. None of my buddies sleds has the holes.

You sure LBZ... there are holes drilled into my cf tubes as well as two others I looked at for the grommet that holds the wirering harness!!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never looked myself but they said no when I mentioned it to them. Might be worth a second look.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never looked myself but they said no when I mentioned it to them. Might be worth a second look.

I'm not sure if it is good or bad... I can't see it helping the structure any but I would think they all have holes in them from factory!! Mine has been end over end and didn't seem to hurt anything...

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I know some guys drill holes in the backside of their a-arms so they bend instead of bending the frame and tunnel on skidoo's. So I can't see it being a good thing especially cuz it's carbon fibre. Unless maybe it's an engineered failure piece in the event of a severe impact to save the rest of the sled.

Top Bottom